Injury Report: Pacioretty ruptures his Achilles again - placed on season ending IR

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Well, it does seem it's a decent shot to have him when it matters. Now they need to determine if they need to bring in a real stopgap until he's ready.

And also, does this change the equation on any Gardiner related plans? It'll be interesting to see.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
So which one of you was supposed to pack Max up in carbonite until the season started and forgot?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Could have sworn that the insider account posted that he was injured earlier today somehow
Possible. Also possible that he was sorta kinda considered damaged goods. Could have had achilles tendonitis that got worse.

I mean, I suppose he passed a physical before he was signed, but you gotta admit, it was extremely odd that they got him for nothing.

Now, Pacioretty is making $7m this year. The question now is, do they LTIR him to the end of the year to bring more talent in, and if so, who?

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
It's also interesting that, if this were to happen, it's happening at maybe the best possible time for the Canes. It's still August 9th, with plenty of time to make deals, and even on a six month recovery time, Patches is available on February 9th.

The way this team operates, you can bet that they will 100% take advantage of the LTIR pool. If he's out half the season, that's, what, $3.5m in additional cap space they wouldn't otherwise have?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
While I don't mind pulling our own L"TBL"IR move, we're kinda f***ed unless we can get someone to replace the gaping Nino/Tro/Patches sized hole in our top-6 now for fairly cheap. I wouldn't count on Kase, Necas, or Dzingelberry to be more than 3rd liners right now.

On the bright side, he lasted longer than Marleau, but less than Wiz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad