P_B's Mock Draft

Wonder Boy

Cam 'n' Cam
Mar 25, 2004
Ancaster, Ontario
How about for rounds 5,6,7 we do a live chat to finish it off. If you are not there to represent your team someone else can has to be appointed or we do a poll from the GMs in the chat.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Wonder Boy said:
How about for rounds 5,6,7 we do a live chat to finish it off. If you are not there to represent your team someone else can has to be appointed or we do a poll from the GMs in the chat.

Sorry, no can do... Mrs. P_B won't allow me to spend hours at a time on a live chat, and those of you with wives will understand why.

I'm not missing out on my first chance to do an entire draft of prospects for the Blues. If anyone wants to PM me a list of their top ten prospects, and just have me post the selections as they come up, I can do that, and I'll PM you back if all of your choices were selected by yourself or others before you run out of selections in the draft.

BTW, Washington's just about out of time... tick, tock.

Thanks,

P_B

:bow: :blues

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Hasbro said:
Perhaps if we extended the PM'ing 2 or 3 ahead of the current pick things would move faster. It would give GMs time to get their selections in order. :dunno:

I'm all for that, if everyone will agree to do so.

Please notify the next three GM's in line after you have made your selection. This way, everyone will get three reminders that their pick is imminent.

I'm already aware that my pick is coming up in about an hour and a half, or less. Pittsburgh's GM is about to leave town, but I'll PM him and the Bruins' GM and inform them that they're "on deck" and "in the hole," respectively.

After I make my pick, I'll notify those two GM's again, as well as Washington's GM. Everyone making picks after that should then notify not only the next person behind them, but the two that follow.

----------

Here's a template you can cut and paste for the notification PM. You can find the screen names of the GM's in the first post of this thread.

----------

To: (NextGM);(GM#2);(GM#3) [separate the screen names of the intended recipients with a semicolon, as shown, in the 'To' line]

Subject: Mock Draft

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=237427

"Team X" is now on the clock with the ___th selection of this draft.

"Team Y" selects at #___.

"Team Z" selects at #___.

Please notify the next three GM's after you have made your pick.

Thanks,

(Your Screen Name)

----------

P_B

Last edited:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Washington's time is up.

:caps are assigned, from Owen Sound of the OHL, defenseman Theo Peckham, whom I feel is the best player available here and whom I cannot therefore, in good conscience, pass over for Washington and select him for the Blues.

The St. Louis Blues are pleased to select, from Sparta Juniors of the Czech Republic, goaltender Michal Neuvirth.

Pittsburgh is on the clock.

P_B

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Not too sure about the idea of pm people 3 picks before its theirs. people are having trouble keeping their pm boxes empty right now and thats just going to get worse.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Lundqvist#30 said:
Not too sure about the idea of pm people 3 picks before its theirs. people are having trouble keeping their pm boxes empty right now and thats just going to get worse.

Point well taken, sir... maybe just two picks ahead, then?

I'd really rather just see everyone send me a list of the ten guys they'd like to take with their remaining picks, ranked in order of preference first through tenth, and I'll sort them out and post the choices here.

In any case, Pittsburgh's GM has asked me to make their selection, as he is currently on his way to The Mother Of Presidents... so the Penguins will take, from Kladno of the Czech Republic, RW Martin Latal.

Boston is on the clock, Washington on deck.

P_B

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Thats just more work for you P_B. If people know theyre going to be away from the board for a time and their pick is coming up, surely they can let you know in advance. If they have lost interest or are going away for a week or so, post a thread on their team's board advertising the fact that the team is available for the rest of the draft, someone is bound to bite and we can get this thing finished off before the draft actually takes place.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
I feel a bit out of my depth. I really don't know too many of the prospects available, other than the top 100 or so. Perhaps someone better versed in the less known prospects could take over?

Wonder Boy

Cam 'n' Cam
Mar 25, 2004
Ancaster, Ontario
Captain Conservative said:
I feel a bit out of my depth. I really don't know too many of the prospects available, other than the top 100 or so. Perhaps someone better versed in the less known prospects could take over?

Instead of holding things up make 1 last pick then find someone to help you with the last 2 rounds. It's really not fair to hold things up like this.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Washington's time is up, and CC doesn't appear to be interested any longer. I'm assigning F Viktor Tikhonov to the Capitals, and I'll make the rest of Washington's picks unless someone else wants to step up.

Boston is on the clock with the 129th pick.

Columbus is on deck at #130; NY Islanders are in the hole at #131.

Thanks,

P_B

Wonder Boy

Cam 'n' Cam
Mar 25, 2004
Ancaster, Ontario
I was originally going to take a Defenseman....but I've changed my mind and have decided to take Czech scoring ace Tomas Zaborsky of Dukla Trencin Slovakia.

Columbus is up.

Rmac22

May 31, 2006
Etobicoke, ON
Richard_Zednik said:
we select Brad Marchand

Wow, I can't believe he went so low. That was gonna be my pick if he slipped through!!

I think he'll go in round 2 or 3 on draft day, his stock has gone up since the Mem cup.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Prussian_Blue said:
Florida is on the clock.

Florida has asked me via PM to make their pick for them, and asked me to get "the best defenseman (I) can think of."

That being the case, I'm going to select, from Spokane of the WHL, Matt McCue. Mc Cue's big (6-05, 220), physical without being dirty, and considered by scouts to be steady and reliable with offensive upside. As a rookie, he played behiond four veterans on Spokane's blueline this year, but still managed to play on the top PP unit. The sky's the limit for him as his icetime increases.

McCue is a Mike Keenan pick in every way.

135. Los Angeles (WpgKings13) - ON THE CLOCK
136. Atlanta (monster_bertuzzi) - on deck
137. Columbus (MattyW) {from Toronto} - in the hole

P_B

Wonder Boy

Cam 'n' Cam
Mar 25, 2004
Ancaster, Ontario
Prussian_Blue said:
Florida has asked me via PM to make their pick for them, and asked me to get "the best defenseman (I) can think of."

That being the case, I'm going to select, from Spokane of the WHL, Matt McCue. Mc Cue's big (6-05, 220), physical without being dirty, and considered by scouts to be steady and reliable with offensive upside. As a rookie, he played behiond four veterans on Spokane's blueline this year, but still managed to play on the top PP unit. The sky's the limit for him as his icetime increases.

McCue is a Mike Keenan pick in every way.

135. Los Angeles (WpgKings13) - ON THE CLOCK
136. Atlanta (monster_bertuzzi) - on deck
137. Columbus (MattyW) {from Toronto} - in the hole

P_B

Good pick. McCue was the Defenseman I was debating over in my last pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad