Series Discussion: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs (WC1) Calgary Flames

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
west starts in the playoffs are always 8 or 8:30 so they can show double headers

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Might as well break the curse now, boys.

giphy.gif

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Gonna be tough... those damn Ducks are under this teams skin. But nothing is forever and streaks are meant to be broken.

When Teemu was on the Duck it was hard to root against the team but now... its full Duck hating season!! With guys like Perry and Kesler... man my blood boils when I think of the team.

Really hope this team brings their A game and sets the right tone early. The last bit of the season was not great but the confidence is still there to bring a good game.

A lot of this rests on how Monahan and Gaudreau start the series, if those guys get knocked off their game early, it wont be easy.

GO FLAMERS!!!!!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am wondering what will happen if we reach 5 games, with it beig in Anaheim on a holiday it could easily be 2pm start.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
So what needs to go right for us to win this series:

1) Elliott needs to hit a hot streak
2) We need to play Flames hockey, and not try and beat the Ducks at their own game
3) Not engage them physically, because that's playing Ducks hockey; and they're a lot bigger and meaner than we are... plus we'll likely just end up getting a lot of penalties.
4) 3M's need to win against the Getzlaf line
5) Gaudreau/Monahan need to break the Kesler curse
6) 3rd pairing needs to play like 17-18 combined minutes.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
So what needs to go right for us to win this series:

1) Elliott needs to hit a hot streak
2) We need to play Flames hockey, and not try and beat the Ducks at their own game
3) Not engage them physically, because that's playing Ducks hockey; and they're a lot bigger and meaner than we are... plus we'll likely just end up getting a lot of penalties.
4) 3M's need to win against the Getzlaf line
5) Gaudreau/Monahan need to break the Kesler curse
6) 3rd pairing needs to play like 17-18 combined minutes.

If we could also petition that games 1 and 2 be played in a different venue, that might help as well.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
These start times are awful for my sleep schedule. Hoping to start off the ploffs strong with a win in the first 2 games. Hopefully we can take advantage of Fowler out. Just hoping we play our game, and not try to rough up the Ducks and lose focus of the goal.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
What lineup are youn it's hoping for in Game 1?

My wish:

JG - Money - Ferly
3M
Versteeg - Bennett - Chaisson
Stajan - Lazar - Brouwer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad