Proposal: P.K Subban??

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Justin Holl vs PK Subban Athletic Player Card Comparison.

F280D99D-822F-4BC9-9E6D-B1C0ECD7670A.png

1DF39A33-00A6-46B6-BD37-BA86B456A5B1.png

For pure cap purposes if Subban is cheap I can see this trade off making sense, but as far as effectiveness goes not sure how much better we’d be with Subban instead of Holl. And I’m all for moving Holl, just not sure PK is the guy to replace him.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I don’t believe subban is not better than holl at all actually he’s more of what we need strong point shot physical shit disturbing rhd as opposed to a floating rhd who thinks he has offensive skills and gets caught in the ozone a lot I much rather have pk at a million more then a holl tbh

When was the last time you watched him play?

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
We're in agreement on the quantity but not the quality :)

Subban >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Holl

Leafs started the playoffs for the first 2 games with Holl in the pressbox as a healthy scratch (and should have left him there).

Remember this ?

View attachment 569872

** Norris Trophy winner P.K. Subban **

Now remember this ?

View attachment 569873
** Justin Holl delayed penalty on this pick play in game #7 **

I am not one for blaming the refs but that penalty was a bullshit call, absolute bullshit.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I'm suggesting replacing Justin Holl RHD @$2 mil AAV with P.K. Subban RHD a former Norris winner for similar cap :crossfing to emphasize the quality difference between Holl and Subban as a team upgrade.

Your comparison is irrelevant to the on going discussion of improving the Leafs roster by adding P.K. Subban as Gio wasn't even in the equation, until you brought him up.

You seem to have lost the thread of this thread in your excitement to point out Gio was also a former Norris winner.
At 750k, Subban might be a half-decent depth signing. At Holl's salary, it would be insane.

Losing the point of a thread -- good one!

Reactions: Gallagbi

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
This would only make sense if Sandin were moved because Subban still has enough name reputation to be a regular somewhere. He is not going to play only 30-40 games and simultaneously he's not worthwhile enough to permanently block Sandin.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
If they are going to move Holl out they need to aim a bit higher. The D is pretty soft and if/when Muzz is out for any stretch they are non contact. Benn can't be played enough minutes to make a difference there. They need a slightly improved Boosh. I don't dislike PK as much as a bunch of you guys do, but with their current right side options, he isn't what they lack. Whatever wall he hit at 30, he isn't coming back from.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Justin Holl vs PK Subban Athletic Player Card Comparison.

View attachment 569943
View attachment 569944

For pure cap purposes if Subban is cheap I can see this trade off making sense, but as far as effectiveness goes not sure how much better we’d be with Subban instead of Holl. And I’m all for moving Holl, just not sure PK is the guy to replace him.

I would argue the quality of their teams skew these results more than a bit, but I'm not here arguing Subban is the better player right now by any means. I do like the physicality he'd bring, among a few other qualities. I'd be interested in adding him cheap like you said.

Reactions: mclaren55

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Less risk for Stralman if they need to sign someone cheap who isn't a perfect fit.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
TRADE: Kerfoot/Holl for picks.
TRADE: Sandin for a Defensive D-man prospect of the same value and potential.
SIGN: P.K. Subban $1M
SIGN: Aston-Reese $1M

CAP SPACE: $5,081,884 for a LW Top 6 Forward.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
T6 Forward - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Kampf - Jarnkrok
A.Reese - Douglas - A.Kubel

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Subban
Giordano - Liljegren

Murray - Samsonov

Reactions: Bellzy

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
We're in agreement on the quantity but not the quality :)

Subban >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Holl

Leafs started the playoffs for the first 2 games with Holl in the pressbox as a healthy scratch (and should have left him there).

Remember this ?

View attachment 569872

** Norris Trophy winner P.K. Subban **

Now remember this ?

View attachment 569873
** Justin Holl delayed penalty on this pick play in game #7 **
That play happens 6 times a game, and might get called once. I don't have a clue why it was called at that point in the game, but let's just say it smelt like that jockstrap that's at the bottom of that old hockey bag that's mouldering away at the back of the clutter that's in my garage. The zebras were going to call some Leaf for something/anything sooner rather than later, and not so organically nor with any subtlety and hand Tampa some momentum they hadn't earned.

That it happened to be Holl completely changed the conversation inre the incident turning it into a blind hatefest, burying any true criticism or conversation on the incident and the many other phantom and borderline calls the Lightning seemed to mostly avoid.

Reactions: Gallagbi and bax

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
NO, NO, NO!
He is an ash. Couldn't keep his mouth shut for 24 hours and before long he would cause room issues.
Why did Montreal fall out of love with him? Then his play dropped in Jersey.

He is not a leader, he is self-centered.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
If he's willing to take a 1-2 year dirt cheap deal, (800k-1sh mil) I'm not opposed to it.
He might not have any choice but to sign for league minimum (or close to)
I’d imagine the idea of playing on a big stage again in his home city would be extremely exciting for PK.
Even as a Habs fan, I feel like PK to Toronto would be a great fit and I would be beyond thrilled for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad