Confirmed with Link: P.K. Subban Is A Predator, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzhockey

Nov 7, 2016
Canada
As a MTL fan, I must say I already loved PK.

But it all went bad when he made this huge donation to Montreal Children Hospital. (Which was so nice from him, we must all admit)

But it's all about timing and Pacioretty (low profile) just got named Montreal's new captain (voted by the players).

That's where I really thought that giving 10M$ could be nice for Montreal but such a back stab to the new team captain who doesn't even make half his donation per year as salary.

You can't be bigger than the logo in front of you. Probably even the players in Nashville don't see it yet, but it's a ticking clock until someone gets tired of his personality and attitude in the locker room.

You might not feel like he's a problem for you guys right now, but he doesn't help the cause and will most likely be part of a conflict sooner or later in the organisation.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

But it all went bad when he made this huge donation to Montreal Children Hospital. (Which was so nice from him, we must all admit)

But it's all about timing and Pacioretty (low profile) just got named Montreal's new captain (voted by the players).

That's where I really thought that giving 10M$ could be nice for Montreal but such a back stab to the new team captain who doesn't even make half his donation per year as salary.

You can't be bigger than the logo in front of you. Probably even the players in Nashville don't see it yet, but it's a ticking clock until someone gets tired of his personality and attitude in the locker room.

You might not feel like he's a problem for you guys right now, but he doesn't help the cause and will most likely be part of a conflict sooner or later in the organisation.

It's okay, Radulov is just as bad or worse.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Well if that was True there would be the same issue about chemistry in Montreal. I dont see any problems about weber adopting his new teammates. ...
They also play 2 different styles. And if you can't see why it would take one a little more time to have success over the other one then I don't know what to tell you. And if you actually had any knowledge of our team you would know the more frustrating part is our top forwards having 3 goals in 11 games.

Oh, and PK has not had any problem adopting his new teammates. But nice try.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD

This is satire right? Right?? :laugh:

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
This is satire right? Right?? :laugh:

You haven't even seen the other "reasons" for PK's donation. Fair to say that for whatever reason PK Subban attracted a tremendous amount of criticism for every single move he ever made as a Hab, disproportionately higher than anyone else in recent memory (maybe even all time). If you believe some posters on the Habs boards you would really think there is something dark and sinister in the back of PK's mind and that he sold his soul to the devil for in his pursuit of world domination. :laugh:

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Hey guys just curious I haven't watched the Preds yet this year but was curious. Is Subban only been paired with Josi?

If so, have Subban and Josi meshed? Was thinking that since both are great offensive D that both of them playing together might not be as effective as there is only 1 puck. So to me having them separated makes more sense but wanted your thoughts as you would be more familiar with the Preds and what is and isn't working.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Hey guys just curious I haven't watched the Preds yet this year but was curious. Is Subban only been paired with Josi?

If so, have Subban and Josi meshed? Was thinking that since both are great offensive D that both of them playing together might not be as effective as there is only 1 puck. So to me having them separated makes more sense but wanted your thoughts as you would be more familiar with the Preds and what is and isn't working.

He's played very little with Josi, mostly with Ekholm.

I've said all along, that in order for the Predators to fully reap the benefits of Subban, he needs to be paired with Josi and the two of them need to figure it out. We're using both Ellis and Ekholm more than they should be used right now to negative effects.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Did PK actually donate $10 million or did he pledge to raise $10 million? He's been involved in some charity functions and there was some video. My recollection is that he was saying to the people at the hospital or that fundraiser that he would still be working toward raising that $10 million despite the trade. Up to that time I thought it was just his gift but after I saw that I was unsure of the details.

jazzhockey

Nov 7, 2016
Canada
You haven't even seen the other "reasons" for PK's donation. Fair to say that for whatever reason PK Subban attracted a tremendous amount of criticism for every single move he ever made as a Hab, disproportionately higher than anyone else in recent memory (maybe even all time). If you believe some posters on the Habs boards you would really think there is something dark and sinister in the back of PK's mind and that he sold his soul to the devil for in his pursuit of world domination. :laugh:

It's not about having something dark in the back of his mind. It's only the fact that he doesn't care about repercussions. He announced his donation and told the medias (and the fans) he would like to be the next Jean Belliveau (Greatest captain in franchise history). He basically shadowed Pacioretty's nomination as a MTL captain. He did not advised the team of his donation and press conference. The habs weren't very happy about it. If they knew, the organization would probably have been part of this donation.

Add this to the fact that during interviews he would never promote the habs and wear his own branding in front of the cameras. And that he would regularly answer questions by saying : "look at my stats" as if he was doing his job and the rest of the team should be taking the blame. At the end of the day, hockey is a team sport.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
Did PK actually donate $10 million or did he pledge to raise $10 million? He's been involved in some charity functions and there was some video. My recollection is that he was saying to the people at the hospital or that fundraiser that he would still be working toward raising that $10 million despite the trade. Up to that time I thought it was just his gift but after I saw that I was unsure of the details.

Pledge to raise over so many years. He did donate some, but I don't know how much.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Add this to the fact that during interviews he would never promote the habs and wear his own branding in front of the cameras. And that he would regularly answer questions by saying : "look at my stats" as if he was doing his job and the rest of the team should be taking the blame. At the end of the day, hockey is a team sport.
A lot of players are paid to wear certain brands in front of the camera. And some of the players that have their own line of clothing actually wear that in interviews instead of their team-issued clothing.

Subban was so famous as a Hab, his face alone promoted the Habs regardless of what clothing label he was wearing.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
It's not about having something dark in the back of his mind. It's only the fact that he doesn't care about repercussions. He announced his donation and told the medias (and the fans) he would like to be the next Jean Belliveau (Greatest captain in franchise history). He basically shadowed Pacioretty's nomination as a MTL captain. He did not advised the team of his donation and press conference. The habs weren't very happy about it. If they knew, the organization would probably have been part of this donation.

When did that ever happen, let alone happen "regularly"?

Drifting

Apr 15, 2012
Well the habs did add radulov Shaw lettonen pateryn and even beaulieu. ....

Same kind of numbers in regards to new roster ...
Yes lots of changes on both teams but somehow you find a way to isolate Subban as the reason for the Preds' slow start.
You need to get over your irrational Subbanaphobia. :laugh:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

Your entire first paragraph is demonstrable ******** as evidenced by the first three words of it's last sentence.."If they knew...". Pure projection and assumption on your partnand it's pretty disgusting. But enjoy your team! Imagine pissing on anyone who pledged to help a kids hospital. Absolutely trash.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Since when does a person have to tell their employer that they are having a fundraiser and making a donation to charity? PK raising money for charity has zero to do with the Montreal Organization.

jazzhockey

Nov 7, 2016
Canada
Since when does a person have to tell their employer that they are having a fundraiser and making a donation to charity? PK raising money for charity has zero to do with the Montreal Organization.

Yeah but being a hockey player is no regular job. Everyone should be able to admit that he could have done all of those things at a better moment. Saying it was done just fine is ignorance. There were big repercussions on his popularity following this press conference and the timing was off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad