Confirmed with Link: P.K. Subban Is A Predator, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
PK Subban is a Predator, and we are a worse team because of it. i'm thinking of going back to the first thread and finding everyone of our fans that were 'excited' for this trade and putting you on ignore so I don't get hockey stupider reading your future posts.

Because Subban is responsible for Neal having 2 goals, Johansen having 1 and Forsberg not having any while Matt Irwin has as many as all three combined in his last three games?

A few things to note while the trade and the team hasn't looked right. We are basically playing 3 new pairings because Lavi has broken up the Ellis/Ekholm pairing to put Ekholm and Subban together. I think that's an issue. Too little size with Josi and Ellis as a pairing. They didn't have any time to work together in the preseason because of the worlds and it killed any chance of them becoming an effective pairing. I think Lavi needs to get back to the basics of defense and get Ellis and Ekholm back together and get Josi and Subban going.

Secondly, the use of personnel on the PP has me scratching my head. Why are the playing Ellis/Subban together on the points? It effectively eliminates one times from both of our point men. I think that's dumb. On the other unit we're utilizing one defenseman and 4 forwards and while that is grand, we have our best shooter in Forsberg playing the right half boards/point and to me, you have a guy with a one timer like him, you put him on the right half boards and let him take one timers. Having Johansen there doesn't make a ton of sense. Back to the other unit, we have Ribeiro, Smith and Wilson playing a triangle with little to no effectiveness. It's pass pass pass pass pass and then get it to the point for a shot with no one screening the goalie because Wilson is off to the side and Smith is in the high slot. I don't get it.

While I get the frustration of losing and we don't look right just yet, as others have said, there is too much talent for this team to suck this bad. The other thing is, you give up shorties, it's going to bite you in the rear. Ron f-in' Hainsey scored a shorty against us tonight. We deserve to lose when that happens.

Also, when are we going to learn 3 on 3 isn't about 1 on 1 battles but puck possession, playing keep away, wearing the other team down and once they're worn down, getting a good scoring opportunity as opposed to trying to go one on one and losing the puck? It's stupid and that's coaching.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
PK Subban is a Predator, and we are a worse team because of it. i'm thinking of going back to the first thread and finding everyone of our fans that were 'excited' for this trade and putting you on ignore so I don't get hockey stupider reading your future posts.

This is simply not true. The Predators are not a worse team because of that trade. You have no way to know if Weber was still here that this team would be any better than they are. I get you are pissed..so am I. But I am pissed that this team can't get out of its own way and your top guys have issues scoring goals. You are not going to win many games in this league when your top forwards cannot find the back of the net. Simple as that. Averaging 2.5 goals a game simply isn't good enough.

But I get it - you saw a player you loved get traded away for a player you didn't. So when team struggles said player now becomes your whipping boy; the obvious cause for all of the teams problems. It happened to Seth Jones around here (who is playing quite well for the Jackets) and it is now happening to Subban. Some things will always be consistent on these boards that's for sure.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Also, when are we going to learn 3 on 3 isn't about 1 on 1 battles but puck possession, playing keep away, wearing the other team down and once they're worn down, getting a good scoring opportunity as opposed to trying to go one on one and losing the puck? It's stupid and that's coaching.

Well, that is exactly what we did the past two games- we had puck possession about 90% of the time in both OT's. And still could not take advantage of it.

If we had been on the other end of that the games would have been over in the first minute of OT.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
This is simply not true. The Predators are not a worse team because of that trade. You have no way to know if Weber was still here that this team would be any better than they are. I get you are pissed..so am I. But I am pissed that this team can't get out of its own way and your top guys have issues scoring goals. You are not going to win many games in this league when your top forwards cannot find the back of the net. Simple as that. Averaging 2.5 goals a game simply isn't good enough.

But I get it - you saw a player you loved get traded away for a player you didn't. So when team struggles said player now becomes your whipping boy; the obvious cause for all of the teams problems. It happened to Seth Jones around here (who is playing quite well for the Jackets) and it is now happening to Subban. Some things will always be consistent on these boards that's for sure.

The thing is, this trade has killed the identity and chemistry of the team. This is a lost team and they show no signs of figuring things out anytime soon. I truly believe that if we had not made this trade the lack of identity would not exist and our defensemen would not have a chemistry issue.

While it's easy to say this is due to the losses, imo I haven't enjoyed this season and this feeling goes back to game 1 vs Chicago. Every game has had such a blah feeling to the point where as a fan who schedules his life around this team, I'm considering not using my season tickets and not watching the away games. And alot of this has had to do with not seeing Weber out there.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
What I wouldn't give to have Weber back. I don't care if it's all PK's fault or not. Weber held people accountable in the room. We need some of that. Bad.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Subban just wants his face in the media. That's all he cares about. Like what hockey player has a line of clothing?!?!

Weber was a mans man, a captains captain. He led by example in every way. And he scored 20 plus goals a season and could outplay subban defensively any day of the week. I still don't understand why people were ever happy we traded our captain and one of the most prized defensemen in the league for a show boat overrated celebrity wannabe.

Still gonna watch cuz I love my preds, but I'm so outraged about this... Poile has been a wizard with other trades but he needs to be shot for this one. It's time for a change in management, he has had almost twenty years and still no cup, hell still not even a third round appearance.

Weber should have been a pred his whole career and retired our most storied captain and longest serving ever. This is how you sink a team

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Subban just wants his face in the media. That's all he cares about. Like what hockey player has a line of clothing?!?!

Weber was a mans man, a captains captain. He led by example in every way. And he scored 20 plus goals a season and could outplay subban defensively any day of the week. I still don't understand why people were ever happy we traded our captain and one of the most prized defensemen in the league for a show boat overrated celebrity wannabe.

Still gonna watch cuz I love my preds, but I'm so outraged about this... Poile has been a wizard with other trades but he needs to be shot for this one. It's time for a change in management, he has had almost twenty years and still no cup, hell still not even a third round appearance.

Weber should have been a pred his whole career and retired our most storied captain and longest serving ever. This is how you sink a team

Man Crush anyone?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Not ready for all this doom and gloom. My goodness. I still believe in the team. I do believe the trade is good for us long term, and we all saw exactly how much better the Canadiens got with Shea minus Price.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The thing is, this trade has killed the identity and chemistry of the team. This is a lost team and they show no signs of figuring things out anytime soon. I truly believe that if we had not made this trade the lack of identity would not exist and our defensemen would not have a chemistry issue.

While it's easy to say this is due to the losses, imo I haven't enjoyed this season and this feeling goes back to game 1 vs Chicago. Every game has had such a blah feeling to the point where as a fan who schedules his life around this team, I'm considering not using my season tickets and not watching the away games. And alot of this has had to do with not seeing Weber out there.

So are you actually saying that the opening night win was blah and not enjoyable? I am not arguing the season since then has been that way, but that opening night win was fantastic.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

So he can't have a clothing line and still care about hockey? Seriously? Do you have any proof that being in the media is all he cares about?? Of course you don't.

It continues to blow my mind the mindset of many in the hockey world towards anyone who has any kind of personality- just can't have that in the NHL, now can we????

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So are you actually saying that the opening night win was blah and not enjoyable? I am not arguing the season since then has been that way, but that opening night win was fantastic.

The whole atmosphere was off for me. Everything from the gold carpet to the game. And it's been this way all season and it's only getting worse.

Now before you say anything about me making a big deal about Weber being gone, I've been through alot these last few months so that could have influenced my mood. My dad was diagnosed with brain cancer in August and then my grandfather passed away in September. Add in a car wreck in the middle of that and as you can see I have had alot going on.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah guys if only we still had Weber everything else would be just fine. Forsberg would be scoring. We would notice when Josi is on the ice. And Rinne would be blocking pucks like he's got the Bruce Leeroy (golden) glow.

Alas.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
So he can't have a clothing line and still care about hockey? Seriously? Do you have any proof that being in the media is all he cares about?? Of course you don't.

It continues to blow my mind the mindset of many in the hockey world towards anyone who has any kind of personality- just can't have that in the NHL, now can we????

Oelofsweden.com

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The whole atmosphere was off for me. Everything from the gold carpet to the game. And it's been this way all season and it's only getting worse.

Now before you say anything about me making a big deal about Weber being gone, I've been through alot these last few months so that could have influenced my mood. My dad was diagnosed with brain cancer in August and then my grandfather passed away in September. Add in a car wreck in the middle of that and as you can see I have had alot going on.

I don't know if I am in the minority but I thought opening night was completely awesome. Everything since then- not so much..

But really sorry to hear about your news- it is really tough when life gets in the way. I lost my father in law to cancer in June- makes the outcome of stupid hockey games completely meaningless....

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Well of course the chemistry issue wouldn't be here if there was no trade. But instead, we have 1 guy learning a whole new team and coaches/systems. It won't happen overnight, but they will come together.

I think the team struggling is making guys try too hard to be perfect. Every mistake right now is magnified and once the other team gets going our guys start making stupid mistakes. And this is where someone needs to step up. Our leadership group needs to take charge. They have all been here for 3 or more years now, they know the room just as well as Weber did. They need to hold each other accountable when they are playing with some bad habits and calm guys down when they get panicky.

Weber should have been a pred his whole career and retired our most storied captain and longest serving ever.
Crosby, Kesler, Ovechkin, Gretzky each have a clothing line. Carey Price is a spokesman for Wrangler jeans.

What camera/media has PK searched out since the season started? They have come after him, not the other way around. He has already said he won't talk about the trade anymore, he hasn't done Smith's show nor the post game radio show. After the home opener, everyone wanted to talk to Subban, but he made sure the other players got their media time first. He is a well-spoken athlete that doesn't act like it's a nightmare to talk to the media, so they naturally go to him for interviews.
I agree that Weber should have retired a Predator. I miss seeing him lumbering up and down the ice, that physicality is something we really do miss. However, Subban didn't ask to be traded. And I don't think it's right for people to take out their sadness/anger on Subban. He is the new d-man playing with 3 d-men that have played together for 3+ years and learning a new set of coaches and systems. Not to mention, learning the tendencies of about 15 other players. He's learning them as much as they are learning him. Did you see how he found Smith for a goal in AZ? The chemistry is building. It will get better, I promise. (But as I'm sure you know, he is not the sole reason we are not playing well.)

I'm really sorry for all you have been going through. :( But I would say that is definitely influencing your experience. Because I think the atmosphere has been fantastic (at least the first 3 games, I missed Carolina). Especially the opening night, playing so well and beating Chicago was glorious!

(I wish for you and your family some good luck and good health going forward!) :tinker::crossfing

Domonsky

Nov 6, 2016
Montréal
Well of course the chemistry issue wouldn't be here if there was no trade. But instead, we have 1 guy learning a whole new team and coaches/systems. It won't happen overnight, but they will come together.

Well if that was True there would be the same issue about chemistry in Montreal. I dont see any problems about weber adopting his new teammates. ...

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
And besides this is bigger than just Subban, we also have a lot of their 'new' in the mix. Jackman, Weber, Nystrom, Gaustad. Feels like I am missing someone. How many years of collective experience is that? What did they get replaced with? This is gonna take a minute and is WAY bigger than the two super stars that swapped teams. It ain't that simple.

Domonsky

Nov 6, 2016
Montréal
And besides this is bigger than just Subban, we also have a lot of their 'new' in the mix. Jackman, Weber, Nystrom, Gaustad. Feels like I am missing someone. How many years of collective experience is that? What did they get replaced with? This is gonna take a minute and is WAY bigger than the two super stars that swapped teams. It ain't that simple.

Well the habs did add radulov Shaw lettonen pateryn and even beaulieu. ....

Same kind of numbers in regards to new roster ...

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

Guess you never heard of Violent Gentlemen, George Parros' clothing line he started while still an active player. I guess it's okay for fourth line enforcers to sell shirts but not top defencemen?

Around this amount of games, Shea Weber only had five points with the Predators last year. Don't see the problem being Shea gone.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
People can say all they want about Subban's high profile, the trading away of Weber, the teams struggles, etc. But I don't think he's so much a problem, I think he's just not part of a solution right now. I have absolutely no clue how this is happening. I have absolutely no clue how 3 weeks into the season Matt Irwin is leading the team in ES goals. I don't know if Rinne's career is going down the ****ter much more quickly than we hoped/anticipated. What I do know is it's really easy to over analyze PK's play, which is fine, but our forwards are absolutely the biggest problem right now. I think someone said this earlier but when you look at our forwards, the lack of production from our key forwards is almost an impossible thing to have happen the way it has. Also, the worst thing we could've had happen is happening, which is Montreal lighting the world on fire and Weber looking like he's been there his whole career. But anyway, I'm starting to believe this is an issue much deeper than a lack of chemistry. I hate to say it but this is traditionally where Lavy's teams start to struggle over the years. It looks more like a complete crash and burn right now but there's still time to right the ship, I just hope our real leader (Lavy) still has the room.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Around this amount of games, Shea Weber only had five points with the Predators last year. .

just to be completely accurate, he had 3g/3a and 6 points after 11 games last year.

and we were 8-1-2 at the game eight mark instead of 3-5-3, and had allowed almost half as many goals as we have this year thru 11 games, so it's not all about offense. in fact most of it isn't about missing weber on offense, something many seem to not understand.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
just to be completely accurate, he had 3g/3a and 6 points after 11 games last year.

and we were 8-1-2 at the game eight mark instead of 3-5-3, and had allowed almost half as many goals as we have this year thru 11 games, so it's not all about offense. in fact most of it isn't about missing weber on offense, something many seem to not understand.

I agree. I also think it has more to do than just Subban being added and Weber subtracted.

I also look at the losses (10/18, 10/27, 11/3, 11/5) and those games were one goal losses. 10/16 and 10/22 were one goal games until the final minutes. Only the Anaheim game was an ugly lopsided loss.

When the team is losing by one goal and several of their top players are having trouble scoring, it tells me it's only a matter of time before the cold streaks snap and the stars start shining. I just don't think their early record is any indication of what the whole season will be.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
oh subban hasn't been bad, he's just been very average so far and a non difference maker in all these close games. don't misunderstand me, I wasn't saying we don't miss weber, we miss weber a lot defensively without a doubt, much more than we have missed his offense.

and I don't believe anyone that sees a good hockey game really believes this team won't improve and play close to their potential sometime in the future. it's just frustrating to watch it not happening now.

Hockey Joe

Dec 18, 2007
Montreal
And for all the people ragging on Subban for being a turnover machine. This was brought up at the time of the trade. He takes offensive chances and has more turnovers.

A lot of his turnovers happen in his own zone when he has full control of the puck. He does take unnecessary risks, like cutting in front of his own net with one hand on his stick and a opponent on his back. He used to get away with it but last year, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad