Claimed off Waivers: P.A. Parenteau (claimed by NJ)

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Yeah sorry I was talking about NJ. Where we are right now it's better to take a chance in the bargain bin than to sign big UFA contracts

i think he was a good pickup for you guys--not furious that we dropped him, but he wouldnt have been my 1st candidate either

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
One thing NJ was lacking was RW depth. This helps a lot.

My guess is that Josefson or Kalinin is going to be the spare forward and Woods and Speers are sent back.

However given how injury prone our lineup is, we're probably going to call someone back up after a few games.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
So is PA going to be the 1st or 2nd line RW on the Devils now? 1st unit PP?

I like this pickup for NJ. Well done.

I'd imagine they would at least give him a shot to play RW on Hall/Henrique's line...no one has really stood out there in the preseason

they don't really need him on the PP, though. MAYBE the 2nd unit.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If nothing else, he should be trade bait at the deadline if they are out of the playoff picture. No risk. I'm ok with it.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Was hoping PA Parenteau would have either passed through waivers without being claimed or would have been claimed by a team outside the metropolitan division.

Parenteau always seems to come through with an untimely goal when he plays against the Flyers. He's been a pain to play against, but it doesn't seem like he does anything all that spectacular.
P.A. Parenteau Goes about his game quietly and plays the game like a true professional and from time to time comes up with clutch goals to steal games.

Nice addition by the Devils anyhow, it would be something if he had a season like Kyle Palmieri had last season. Anaheim threw away Palmieri and look what he did with NJ, I wonder if Parenteau could have a similar season in New Jersey, as a Flyers fan I sure hope not.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
And now Parenteau has played for all 3 NYC teams. I guess you call that a "Vanbiesbrouck Hat Trick."

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Hall - Henrique - Parenteau
Camalleri - Zajac - Palmieri
Boucher - Zacha - Bennett
Joseffson - Fiddler - Kalinin
DSP

that's a sneakily decent lineup. Not world beating, but not bad.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Very solid move, and a typical NJ type of player it seems.

I think he's going to score 20 if he plays in the top six, 25 if he plays with Hall + Henrique.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Hate to be the party pooper but there's a reason why he's now on his 5th org in a little over 2 years. If "top 6" PAP gets that opportunity and role in NJ then there's hope it can work out.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Shouldn't really matter, imo. I want the player who earned the spot on the roster, not the guy who signed a 1 year deal there, just because.

:handclap: exactly. Snow was smart and signed pap to a deal that could be easily moved. My guess was Snow signed pap with the intent of him only staying if kids weren't ready...since Snow knew he would receive offers a PTO was out of the question...He went this route. Quite smart if you ask me. :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad