Oy Vey! (Linden has be recalled)

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
This makes me lean more toward trade. Call Vey up and show him off against NHL-level talent while letting Toffoli spend a little time re-finding his game (though I don't think he needs it, just get him off the third line).

I think we're definitely going to make a trade soon and that one of Pearson/Vey/Toffoli is headed elsewhere in the deal (and hopefully not Toffoli). Ideally before the Olympic break so the new guy can build some chemistry over the break.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
this makes the Toffoli send down all the more confusing

Maybe not, Vey has been known to play RW from time to time and Toffoli hasn't done much with his opportunity lately. In training camp I think there was an interview with Jack Ferreira where he indicated that of Pearson, Toffoli, and Vey, that Vey was the closest to sticking in the NHL.

I can't disagree enough with the folks that think Toffoli needs to get off the "3rd line". He's playing with Mike Richards against lesser competition. That isn't good enough? Toffoli isn't replacing Carter or Williams any time soon, so he better figure out how to produce without the team's top center.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The Kings never make moves just for the sake of moves. If DL is trying to keep everyone guessing he's doing a really good job.

It's fun trying to figure out where the roster is headed, at least.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Maybe not, Vey has been known to play RW from time to time and Toffoli hasn't done much with his opportunity lately. In training camp I think there was an interview with Jack Ferreira where he indicated that of Pearson, Toffoli, and Vey, that Vey was the closest to sticking in the NHL.

I can't disagree enough with the folks that think Toffoli needs to get off the "3rd line". He's playing with Mike Richards against lesser competition. That isn't good enough? Toffoli isn't replacing Carter or Williams any time soon, so he better figure out how to produce without the team's top center.

Toffoli was playing with a Mike Richards whose game went to crap the last 15-20 games, and whatever nonproductive LW was thrown on that line. When Toffoli came-up, he was put with Richards while Richards was still playing well and Toffoli produced, fantastically. Toffoli isn't going to produce trying to carry the boat anchor that Richards has been lately, very few people could.

As for Vey, wasn't he just healthy scratched on two separate occasions in Manchester? I think one was for coming back late from the holiday break, and the other was for poor play. I seem to remember our Manchester experts saying Vey was in the doghouse and that we wouldn't be seeing him for a while, this move surprises me.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Toffoli was playing with a Mike Richards whose game went to crap the last 15-20 games, and whatever nonproductive LW was thrown on that line. When Toffoli came-up, he was put with Richards while Richards was still playing well and Toffoli produced, fantastically. Toffoli isn't going to produce trying to carry the boat anchor that Richards has been lately, very few people could.

As for Vey, wasn't he just healthy scratched on two separate occasions in Manchester? I think one was for coming back late from the holiday break, and the other was for poor play. I seem to remember our Manchester experts saying Vey was in the doghouse and that we wouldn't be seeing him for a while, this move surprises me.

All true, but it's not like the Kings can shake things up by sending Mike Richards down. It's not likely that Sutter is willing to put move Toffoli up to Carter or Williams' spot, so now what?

Regarding Vey, I will defer to the folks in MCH that have been watching him. I think he would be the only option available on the RW from MCH at this time. I don't know exactly what Dean is thinking on this, just throwing out some possibilities.

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
Vey's got some great hand job, I can't wait to see him.

Wait that sounded so wrong. (EDITED)

I meant he's got some great hands.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
But I thought Vey was banished for the rest of the season to the AHL? :sarcasm:

Also, he isn't being recalled to showcase him for a trade. I don't know why people think teams do this, especially teams that are cup contenders like LA is. LA wants to ice the best possible line up, not send out someone who is lesser than someone else simply to show him off for a team that MIGHT trade for him. If Vey makes even one gaffe that whoever he's replacing won't, it could cost us a game. Whatever Vey might fetch in a trade.

Teams scout guys in the AHL all the time, and the fact Vey was up in the NHL already likely means most teams scouts have seen him play in the NHL at least once already.

Toffoli is down because of the Olympic thing (probably) and Vey is deemed the best player that's available to replace him.

KingKopitar11*

Makes no sense? We have 80 centers and no injury at center... What?

HolyShot*

I wouldn't be surprised if stoll and williams are gone by season's end. It's unfortunate, but that's business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad