GDT: R2G3 | Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche | 10pm ET 8pm MT | Series tied 1-1

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Did Bednar and MacKinnon get into a fight or something? Wtf is up with that guy? Just completely checked out. Zero effort. No emotion.

Don't even get me started on the other dumbass 96.
Starting to get sick of that Bednar prick. Seems like he lost the room not to mention he turns into DeBoers bitch every post season

Reactions: Alienblood

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Going down 3-0/4-0 and getting absoluteLy dominated at home in the 3rd period respectively in all 3 games. Definitely nothing to do with how Dallas is playing.

I think you’re misunderstanding me.

Dallas has had good play in this series. They controlled that 3rd period tonight and in game 2 they were the better club, but Colorado has controlled play for longer stretches.

And really the Dallas game-plan is to wait for Colorado to shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers and capitalize. They don’t seem interested in going out to hunt for their chances, they’ll wait for Colorado to implode.

That’s why I say that Colorado dictates this series. If the Avs play at their top level, they’ll come back. If not, they’ll book tee times.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Did Bednar and MacKinnon get into a fight or something? Wtf is up with that guy? Just completely checked out. Zero effort. No emotion.

Don't even get me started on the other dumbass 96.
It sure seems like they did. I get this feeling as well. I don't think Mack is Bednar's biggest fan

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Avs are not gonna get much offensively from Dallas as they are content sitting back and not allowing odd man rushes and counter attacking.

Gotta find a way to play a different style and buy into it. Right now they clearly are not bought into this as a team.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Series is far from over
Without any real adjustments, it will be over. Next game the Avs need to find a way to break through Stars defensive pressure even if it means play a dump and chase hockey which the Avs are not used to. We win the next game, still have a chance, if we lose, it’s over. We’re not coming back against Dallas down 1-3

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I dunno for me a lot of this is on Bednar.

You have a known shithead repeat offender that gets away with delivering a cheap headshot to one of your best players and you do nothing but take it.

For me, I would have sent out someone to get #4 on the other side....not benn. To show him that if he wants to get cheap with some of our best players, we're not going after him...we'll take out their best D.

I don't get why he always takes the high road with that sort of thing. I don't get why other teams should get away with that kind of bullshit and we never respond...f***, it's goddam hockey Bednar and you were a f***ing goon when you played - you know how this works!

Tonight in the second period, he moves Nuke up with Mack and Rants and I thought they looked great and even scored the game tying goal but then he splits them up for the entire 3rd even though it was clear that Leks wasn't on his game tonight?

It was a winnable game and we outplayed them for the first 40 but played a pretty crappy 3rd period. On to the next one.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Man…even McDrai were dumping it in yesterday in the 3rd period. Such a stark contrast between last nights game and tonight’s for the top guys on each team.

Reactions: katfude

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site

You have a known shithead repeat offender that gets away with delivering a cheap headshot to one of your best players and you do nothing but take it.

For me, I would have sent out someone to get #4 on the other side....not benn. To show him that if he wants to get cheap with some of our best players, we're not going after him...we'll take out their best D.

I don't get why he always takes the high road with that sort of thing. I don't get why other teams should get away with that kind of bullshit and we never respond...f***, it's goddam hockey Bednar and you were a f***ing goon when you played - you know how this works!

Tonight in the second period, he moves Nuke up with Mack and Rants and I thought they looked great and even scored the game tying goal but then he splits them up for the entire 3rd even though it was clear that Leks wasn't on his game tonight?

It was a winnable game and we outplayed them for the first 40 but played a pretty crappy 3rd period. On to the next one.

He said in the the press conference the guys were too stupid and stubborn to dump it in. That’s not on him when the team played like shit in the 3rd period.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Doubt we see a coaching change if they lose but they should do something big this summer. They have won a cup sure but 1st or 2nd round exits appear to be the most common outcome over the past 7 years. For the amount of talent they have that’s just not acceptable. Doubling down on Mikko to become e even more top heavy?…not the best idea

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Ross Colton has 3 goals in his last 20 games overall.

For 4M you would hope there's a tad more production.

People complain about Miles Wood's contract. Colton's IMO is worse.
Don't let Hench hear you say that.

Ya but he was forced to play a whopping *checks notes* 13:43 ice time per game this year! His legs have fallen off. Unfair to ask him to play that much. He only makes 4 million. Give him a break.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
How to score goals. By 2024 Mikko Rantanen.

Step 1) Stand somewhere on the ice.

Step 2) Wait for temates to crate the play.

Step 3) Try to tip or swat at the puck if it comes within 5 ft of you.

Notes* You must never move your feet. Even if you're the closest to the puck. And if you have to shoot while skating, make sure you come to a complete stop first.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

It's Bednar's MO. We just have to accept that he is who he is. Kurtis MacDermid would have fought every single night if Bednar allowed for it, but it didn't happen.

Bednar neuters physicality out of this team, it's his preferred style. He'd rather you check the puck than go for the huge physical plays. I'm actually shocked at times to see Manson go after players.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Sometimes it seems like this team doesn’t want to battle and it showed in the lack of dumping the puck in and going after it. You’re not gonna win if you’re just trying to finesse everything against a suffocating team like Dallas. They need to start using their speed to get to pucks first.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Mitts has 5 goals in 26 games with the Avs. Regular season + playoffs.

He's going to be cheaper than expected.
We still need a 2 C. One of them has to go. Colton is overpaid at 4 mil but Mitts isn't worth anymore than 4 mil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad