Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
People in this chat really need wake up. We can clearly see there is favouritism on this team and this is not based off performance. We CAN NOT keep playing with 6 forwards and 3 D ever game. Reason we’re on a losing streak and most likely will continue.
As I’ve been watching the D closely and even watch the game on replay (which 99% of this chat doesn’t do) there needs to be a change.
1. Play everyone with consistency and where they belong! I say this because we got a 12 round pick falling down and getting blown by basically every game. You want proof well the Barry game first goal he didn’t pick up his guy so there you go.

now let’s see how good everyone’s memory is. We had 28 and 9 playing together on the first line with 24 and 5 on the second and we were on a 5 game win streak. With #9 almost AVERAGING 2 points a game with 28 as his partner. We clearly need to put these 2 back together to get something going and to change things up like everyone has been saying to do! Also to add we were 6-1, will the coaches decided to move 28 and put 24 back? why do this when we were winning comfortably before. Now look where we are now.
Moving on to the other D. 6 isn’t what we expected. always out of position, blames others on the ice with his facial expressions (meanwhile it was his own fault) and falls on average 5 times a game. Don’t believe it watch his first shift last game where he pinched and it came back for a 2 on 1. He came back in the zone and fell. when you can’t skate and are constantly falling good luck playing against the top teams on even at the next level. This also goes for the other D that can’t skate. 5,24.

Let’s make some other things clear now. Where is our other goalie you guys should be asking. Forwards need to play MINIMUM 3 lines. Forwards also need to start including the D in the play meaning pass the puck to the D in the offensive zone. When a D is rushing in with the forwards they should look to do a passing play and not try to be a hero!!

They need to start playing as a team and the only way that will happen is if things change and the coaches actually start playing some other guys that are just sitting there. And they should not be punished for making a mistake since they have been consistently sitting watching the 2 other lines play. That can make all the mistakes they want and continue to go out.

Blame DD and the coaches. We were supposed to be a top team this year but look at us now. There is no development here, only favours to the few.
If anyone wants any clarification go watch practices.
Ok I gotta ask How many practices do you attend? If its more than 1 you must have a great hiding spot because none of us regulars can figure out who you are. As for your statement of 99% not watching the game on replay I call B.S as I know many Attack fans myself included that watch at least parts of every game on replay. As for your assesment of our D there is a difference between falling down and laying down to block a pass I'll leave that alone and for #6 1 NHL team drafted him and I regularily talk with a scout for a different NHL team who is really high on him. So you know more than them? The only other thing I've got is it amazes me how people are so quick and brave to centre out specific players all while hiding behind made up names while pounding away on there keyboards,I could go on and on here but I've probably ruffled enough feathers for awhile so I'm done with this convo. Enjoy your day.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Ok I gotta ask How many practices do you attend? If its more than 1 you must have a great hiding spot because none of us regulars can figure out who you are. As for your statement of 99% not watching the game on replay I call B.S as I know many Attack fans myself included that watch at least parts of every game on replay. As for your assesment of our D there is a difference between falling down and laying down to block a pass I'll leave that alone and for #6 1 NHL team drafted him and I regularily talk with a scout for a different NHL team who is really high on him. So you know more than them? The only other thing I've got is it amazes me how people are so quick and brave to centre out specific players all while hiding behind made up names while pounding away on there keyboards,I could go on and on here but I've probably ruffled enough feathers for awhile so I'm done with this convo. Enjoy your day.
It reads like a posting from a frustrated parent vs a fan, just my opinion on that.

Reactions: KFawcett

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
It reads like a posting from a frustrated parent vs a fan, just my opinion on that.
You may be right. I thought I had an idea who it could be but my response would have started a big disagreement from said person and there's been nada

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
You guys should get 2 out of 3 this weeknd. Guelph a possible 1st round matchup, should be sent a message. Saggy will be tough, and the Petes, well they are a Jr b. team for the rest of this year

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
That was about as close to a playoff type game as you could get tonight in Guelph. A real defensive and goalie battle,

Would've been nice to get the 2nd point in OT on those 6 chances we had but that just goes to show how tight 5-7 in this conference is right now with really no room for any errors on getting points.

This is going to be a tight race to the end of the regular season to see who finishes in those spots, and with 2 more games against Guelph, Erie, and Kitchener those are going to be big critical points up for grabs. Onward to tomorrow against the Spirit and the rest of the weekend.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Would you try crawford at 3C? Cormier for all the opportunity he has gotten hasn't really done much in the last 15-20 games. I know the 3rd and 4th lines are kind of insignificant on your team, as the 1st and 2nd get all the ice, but maybe a little shake up?

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Tonight's game certainly wasn't as bad as the final score.

The guys shutdown the Spirit power-play and capitalized on 1/4 chances, sometimes you get outworked by a better team and that's really what tonight was the Spirit outworked us for big stretches of the game.

Give Koprowski credit he played his heart out in the crease tonight, and made some decent saves. No shame in watching a kid play his game and face a top team. You can't expect a kid with 1 game experience to stand on his head and steal the show, and the Spirit showed why they're a top club in the league this year heading to their 1st ever Memorial Cup tournament as hosts. Time for the guys to have short memories and reset tomorrow night versus the Petes.

Nothing like a bounce back game to get the mojo back on track.

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
I thought the new kid did really well under the circumstances. Team was overmatched and did not give him a lot of support.

Reactions: PensFan101

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
I thought the new kid did really well under the circumstances. Team was overmatched and did not give him a lot of support.
I agree,I thought he played well. Only ? I have is: Why not start him against the Petes and George against the Spirit

Reactions: Spills

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I agree,I thought he played well. Only ? I have is: Why not start him against the Petes and George against the Spirit
Thought he played very well all told.

I can only assume that instead of potentially losing both games against Saginaw and Peterborough, they overlaoded the lineup vs Peterborough and kind of took the 'auto' loss vs Saginaw.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Ughhh what an ugly weekend... we do not look like a team that thinks they have a shot... at this rate we will be lucky to have 5 playoff games.. this team needs to wake up.. I'm thinking DD may well be feelling some heat soon.. this is not good at all and not near good enough.. I feel like we might be in for a whole new crew in the office and maybe behind the bench next season unless things drastically change...

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
A clunker of a weekend.

A season that started with so much promise is sadly crumbling .Who saw this coming ?

Playoffs might be optimistic.

There were definitely alarm bells raised last season when the team sputtered down the stretch, and even bigger worries raised on this forum when the team decided to stick with Walters, then can him just weeks into the season. It's never recovered from there.

It's such a shame, because this team could be so much better, but there are multiple somethings wrong here, and few, if any players seem to be taking positive strides in development.

The gameplan seems to boil down to:
- Hope Barlow scores;
- George makes 40+ saves;
- Have the powerplay fix any other issues.

And they usually get 1 of those 3 in a game.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
This will offend alot of you, but oh well. Your coach or whoever decided to not play Votary and start the young guy just got a shot of hockey karma. I know Votary hasn't had a great year, but would have for sure given you a better chance to win against Sag. The young kid didn't play bad, but it is more the message that was sent to the team. Votary seems well liked by his teammates and they would be pissed with the message sent by throwing the game against Sag in the thinking of an "easier" win yesterday. This kind of mental crap turns players against coaches. Watching you guys get completely outworked by a last place club didn't surprise me one bit. Other than less yelling, this coach hasn't changed much. Is the record better with him, or with Walters? Teakle running the F seems to look after his 1st and 2nd line and where does that get them at the end of a 3 in 3 weekend. They were out for the last 4 minutes straight until they were so tired that Peterborough stripped the puck and iced the win.
2 regulation wins in your last 10, there is a danger you may end up 8th.
Anyway, looked like noone cared yesterday, and it looks good on Rumble for that awful decision saturday. The hockey gods will always get you

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
All I can say is I've had the home and home with Guelph to end the season as the 2 most important games of the season for awhile now. Who knew next weekend against Erie would turn out to be the biggest games. I kinda wish I bit the bullet and signed up for the trip.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Have to agree on this one ktown. No need to treat a kid like that. If the game was already a write off, give Votary a start.
For sure give him the start. I think the bigger thing is the message sent to the team as far as mailing it in.

Reactions: Spills

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Watch last night's game on TV and noticed a lot of empty seats. Anyone know an average attendance number?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Watch last night's game on TV and noticed a lot of empty seats. Anyone know an average attendance number?
avg attendance 2688
Sundays game reported attendance 2598
Capacity approx 3200.

I've been attending since 1990.
I don't recall any game played on a Sunday evening

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
avg attendance 2688
Sundays game reported attendance 2598
Capacity approx 3200.

I've been attending since 1990.
I don't recall any game played on a Sunday evening
Adding in the change of event time has really changed the attendance numbers this season not just on Sunday games. But the schedule as a whole.

Where we used to have Saturdays at 730 to 700 and add a pair of 400 has effected attendance this season.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
ive seen kaprowski in komoka, he may already be a better goalie then votary. votary has been garbabe all year, at some point you just cut bait and let the kid play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00