Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fansince65

Sep 4, 2015
Looks like you guys will get a player (on invite) that is playing for the for the JR B Kings (last season known as Lampton shores) , his dad is Brian Dobbin who played for the Knights way back when , his name is Wes Dobbin , he is 17 years old and has been invited to a total of 6 teams but chose OS , he is 6-2 180 and can skate with the best of them ..

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Looks like you guys will get a player (on invite) that is playing for the for the JR B Kings (last season known as Lampton shores) , his dad is Brian Dobbin who played for the Knights way back when , his name is Wes Dobbin , he is 17 years old and has been invited to a total of 6 teams but chose OS , he is 6-2 180 and can skate with the best of them ..

Thanks for that information will have to take a look at the kid sometimes free agents can be hidden gems in this league (I.e. Jacob Friend)

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

He is in camp and on the ice

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Little off OHL topic but nothing put respect to the Walker family after losing longtime Sun Times reporter Bill Walker passing he will be missed in OHL community as the Owen Sound Attack writer for the local Owen Sound Sun Times

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
what kind of def was Tyler Macarthur during his time there......

MacArthur was a decent blueliner in Owen Sound unfortunately Tyler never really lived up to his expectations of a 2nd rounder.

His size is good for a shutdown guy as a depth defender in what would be now an OA season. MacArthur was cut from Owen Sound over two seasons ago during training camp not because of him being a bad defender but because the talent of blueliners after him had a lot more potential and talent in youth.

Since then MacArthur was released from the Attack and waved through the OHL then ended up in the QMJHL unfortunately after that I lost track of where he ended up.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Well respected and classy in press row at the Kitchener Aud's press row as by Josh Brown of the Waterloo Record reserving William "Bill" Walker long-time Owen Sound Attack sports writer

Last edited:

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Main camp kicks off today with returning 2017 players and rookie camp selects.

With spots be limited on the main roster this year main camp should bring in exciting young talent to add to the returning core of the team. I'm expecting stiff competition for day one of main camp

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack ceased season ticket sales today, for 2017/2018.

For the first time ever, they have created a wait list for STH for next season.

They cited the fact that single tickets are moving quickly since going on sale August 28, making it impossible to guarantee the same seat for new STH.

In future, season tickets sales will stop the day single game seats become available.

They have sold approx. 1800 season tickets for this season which us approx. 60% arena capacity.

Junior hockey is alive and well in Owen Sound

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound

They cited the fact that single tickets are moving quickly since going on sale August 28, making it impossible to guarantee the same seat for new STH.

In future, season tickets sales will stop the day single game seats become available.

They have sold approx. 1800 season tickets for this season which us approx. 60% arena capacity.

That's amazing news! Ever since the 2011 championship this team has enjoyed a golden age on and off the ice and it's great to see the financial backing from the community growing.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Jr. Hockey will survive in smaller OHL markets like Owen Sound not because of the production at the game but for the game itself looking forward to opening night at the Lum.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Training Camp Thoughts

Just wanted to offer a few thoughts.

Guzda is going to be the real deal.

Cole Cameron is likely going to be in tough to make this team. I haven't been impressed with his training camp. He actually looks slower and currently being out played by a 16 year old that weighs less then most of our house pets. Not trying to be hard on him but this team has 7 quality defencemen including him. 7 OHL defencemen, 1 of them is going to have to go.

Nick King has gotten bigger, his foot speed has improved and hes looking good, as is Phillips.

Campbell got a lot faster as well. Hard to notice at first because his stride is tiny but hes going to be great for this year.

This tiny kid I spoke of earlier, man is he fun to watch. He's a player to keep an eye out for in the future.

Really liked Davis on the red squad as well. Hits everything. Skates well, haven't seen much offense from him but hes looking like someone who could crack the line up in a bottom 6 role.

Dudas, Szypula, Pryce all looked fantastic as well.

All in all, I am very excited for this season. I know some will agree or disagree with what i;ve said but its just my opinion!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Just wanted to offer a few thoughts.

Guzda is going to be the real deal.

Cole Cameron is likely going to be in tough to make this team. I haven't been impressed with his training camp. He actually looks slower and currently being out played by a 16 year old that weighs less then most of our house pets. Not trying to be hard on him but this team has 7 quality defencemen including him. 7 OHL defencemen, 1 of them is going to have to go.

Nick King has gotten bigger, his foot speed has improved and hes looking good, as is Phillips.

Campbell got a lot faster as well. Hard to notice at first because his stride is tiny but hes going to be great for this year.

This tiny kid I spoke of earlier, man is he fun to watch. He's a player to keep an eye out for in the future.

Really liked Davis on the red squad as well. Hits everything. Skates well, haven't seen much offense from him but hes looking like someone who could crack the line up in a bottom 6 role.

Dudas, Szypula, Pryce all looked fantastic as well.

All in all, I am very excited for this season. I know some will agree or disagree with what i;ve said but its just my opinion!

I'm hoping to take in Fridays scrimmage

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Ill be there tomorrow as well. Hope we can catch up somewhere. Ill likely be around section M. Ill be the scruffy faced brown dude haha![/QUOTE

Hoping to get done work in time to make it .
I'll look you up if I make it.

The boy is going out of town so I'll be on my own .

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Ill be there tomorrow as well. Hope we can catch up somewhere. Ill likely be around section M. Ill be the scruffy faced brown dude haha!

Unfortunately won't be there for the final scrimmage of the team training camp this time around out the east side of the province with the gf

If you get a chance to stop by in the season around section U usually can be found there at the intermissions with Millpond and OSMike on gamedays

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Unfortunately won't be there for the final scrimmage of the team training camp this time around out the east side of the province with the gf

If you get a chance to stop by in the season around section U usually can be found there at the intermissions with Millpond and OSMike on gamedays

Sounds good,

If you all want to do something before a game as well, Bishops landing or Shortyys then id be in as well!

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Attack sign Chibrikov, Doherty, Moro, trim roster to 27:

http://attackhockey.com/article/attack-sign-trio-announce-exhibition-roster

Three goalies, eight defenders, sixteen forwards. Daniels likely being cut again trims things down to 26, we will likely keep all eight D, so the question is who among the forwards won't be here when NHL Training Camps finish?

Also interesting that the listed sizes of Moro and Doherty are 5'10 155 and 5'11 172, respectively. Both small guys but likely made the team based on their skill and motors. Both are 2000 born so I can't imagine they've been signed to be sent back to Tier II.

Surprised the team didn't sign Davis who seemed to have a strong camp and was even praised this week by Brock Otten as a guy who could excel, but the team likely had no room for him.

Such a competitive camp but all in all nothing earth shattering in terms of roster shakeup.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
A 27 man roster puts a lot of options for lines combos this year I'd expect that Gill will juggle the lines around for a bit till chemistry gels and Gill sets a standard set lineup for the season.

From what the Frontenacs fans had shared that Gill likes his lineups to be set early and likes to keep them set when he finds a chemistry that works for the kids let the lineup guessing begin !!!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Attack with second consecutive win over the Colts in exxy. 5-3.

Several players with multipoint games, come from behind down 3-1.

Guzda with his first OHL win .

6 regulars sitting out.

Alan Lyzczaryzyk with 5pts in two games since his arrival from Sudbury.

Bowman with his first win and ERA of 1.00 Sunday.

Two nice pickups for the Attack.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
the Polish Laser

Owen Sound fans will love the Polish Laser as he is a very skilled and is a great skater. He was not utilized properly in Sudbury, as most players have not been developed by our horrendous coaching staffs in Sudbury . I would not be surprised if he hits 80 points with the Attack this year. I wish him well and happy he is going to an excellent organization that is poised to be the league's premier team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad