Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Appears Dale finally pulled the trigger on a deal still awaiting on official approval from the league I'd imagine.

This came down after the league office closed so there hasn't been an official release yet by either team on what was sent both ways yet but appears that Alan Lyszczarczyk has been moved to the Bears from the Wolves

Appears the purge is still continuing in Sudbury

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Looks like the Attack have picked up Alan Lyzczyzyk from Sudbury, no details yet.
Any Wolves fans have any thing about him ?

Good all around complimentary player, better if LW all the time. He can get to the net for timely rebound, all right as a playmaker. He will back up teammates and occasional fight will likely be an impressive win.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
On the purge...there were apparently some vocal on supposed interference and/or treatment by the hockey boss of then coach & GM. Whatever, the wolves have a big glut of LW; it is good if a couple were moved to good situations.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
No word on rumored Lyzczyzyk deal to OS from Wolves.

Also possible deal could be involving the Ice Dogs twitter source have made a deal pending league approval so no confirmation that a deal will be made with the Wolves

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Wow this would be a huge grab for the Attack if true. I'm a big fan of Lyszczarczyk, love the way he plays and think he'd fit right into Owen Sound's lineup. Not to mention he's due for a breakout and would be a nice upgrade in our Top 9. Also a guy that, unless he felt he was goo enough for Europe, could come back as an Overager.

His only downside is we'll lose him for a few weeks to one of the lower tier World Junior championships, since he's the big star of the Polish junior program.

This could be the kind of veteran pickup that pays off huge for the Attack. Hope the rumour is true!

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Confirmed Lyszczarczyk to Attack from the Wolves Dale also adds Zack Bowman as OA tender along with 4th round in 2018.

Digs sends London's 2nd in 2018, Owen Sound's 3rd in 2022, and a 4th in 2019

Pretty decent return all in all that Dale picked up a veteran tender and a player for an extra pick in next years draft

Last edited:

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Wow, great deal for the Attack. On one hand I feel bad for Vella that he's never really gotten the chance to be a starter, on the other, this is the year for the Attack to go for it and Bowman is the kind of good enough goaltender that can take this team far in the playoffs.

Also, if anyone still had their hopes up on McNiven coming back, this trade signals that it's basically not going to happen.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Is Lyszczarczyk considered an import? Nevermind I assume since he was born in NJ he's not.

Wow Bowman has some really bad stats 19-49-5-1 to go along with a career 4.15 goals against average and .889 save percentage.

I sure hope that's due to the teams in front of him. I can't say I really have seen much of him

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Is Lyszczarczyk considered an import? Nevermind I assume since he was born in NJ he's not.

Wow Bowman has some really bad stats 19-49-5-1 to go along with a career 4.15 goals against average and .889 save percentage.

I sure hope that's due to the teams in front of him. I can't say I really have seen much of him

Yes he's 100% not an import. So no bearing on Filyayev reporting to camp.

And Bowman has never really played on good teams. Sudbury has been a dumpster fire, so hopefully playing on a well structured contender like the Attack can bring out the best in him.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Bowman was actually quite good last season. Stats were ok too. 3.47, 0.904

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
This site paints a nicer picture for Bowman.

DeGray being shrewd as usual. Any small market team that thinks they can't compete needs lessons from him.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Bowman was very good for Flint the year he was traded as well. I think this could be a very good add in goal for the Attack.

I love Alan L..... too!!

Great trade IMO

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Bowman will have a better chance in Owen Sound than what he did in Sudbury and Plymouth (Flint)

It would appear that Dale has covered his rear on this one especially known that there's more of a likelihood that McNiven is probably not returning for an OA season Lyszczarczyk on the other hand has some talent by his numbers unfortunately when there's no chain of leadership to follow from it's hard to blame numbers on a single player hopefully Owen Sound will bring a fresh breath of air for both Alan and Zach

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
An injury placed Bowman out of the lineup for most of the year. Played well until that point. McGrath is the future.

Last edited:

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Dale moves Vella to Steelheads for a 5th round pick in '20 and signs 2nd round pick Mack Guzda from Detroit Honey Baked U16's.

This puts Bowman and Guzda as the likely tenders for now in 2017-18.

Guzda was on the highly want list by Dale due to Guzda's dual-citizenship to be able to play in Canada and US when the draft was on last summer.

Dale noted that getting a top ranked tender with his credentials was something that DeGray's scouting staff had a hard time ignoring looking forward to seeing Guzda reporting to camp next week

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Is Daniels still in the mix? Is there a chance they roll with with Bowman/Daniels this year with Guzda stepping in the following year to push for the starting job?

I'd say Daniels has likely missed the boat.

Guzda is in the Cdn Programme of excellence , he'd be pretty elite, and they'd want him with the Attack now.

He could be another Binning ton , taking over as starter at 17.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Dale seems to like to trade goalies to Missy. Good luck Emanuel and welcome Mack.

I believe the reason why that is has to do with the simple fact that we only meet the Steelheads twice in a season so that it doesn't come back to the Bayshore 6 or 8 times a year.

Vella seemed to have inconsistencies in his confidence when he played, under the right system and the fact of not playing powerhouse clubs in the west might prove to be good for Vella.

Good luck Emanuel with the Steelheads.

As for Mack Guzda the promise of bringing in a younger tender with hockey Canada's program of excellence in his back pocket is something that's hard to ignore for Dale.

As for Bowman he brings the experience to the club with a decent track record of play against top clubs in the west when he played for Flint/Plymouth so should be interesting during that later portion of training camp as Zach was a 3rd pick of the once Whalers

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Is Daniels still in the mix? Is there a chance they roll with with Bowman/Daniels this year with Guzda stepping in the following year to push for the starting job?

Unlikely have to agree with Millpond.

Daniels at one point was in the mix but unfortunately in this league it lives with an adapt or fail mentality on a management level you always have to build for now and the future in this league and be prepared for the pieces to fall in the right place at the right time with Guzda signed and Bowman traded for it pretty much means that Daniels chance in the Ontario Hockey League has been missed

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Where can I find a roster for training camp? Is 2016 draft pick Matt Halle coming to camp?

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Where can I find a roster for training camp? Is 2016 draft pick Matt Halle coming to camp?

Unknown about Halle until rookies appear at camp set for Monday August 28th.

Most players who believe they have an a decent chance will report, until the preseason comes up an then players can decide wether to stay or find other place to play for the season.

I'd expect any prospect that is still chasing his junior dreams of the OHL would report unless he chose to go the university route where he skips the OHL completely to commit to a NCAA scholarship

Rosters can be found at the Attack box office during training camp dates usually in large quantities for anyone who wants one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad