Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Tonight's effort sums up what has plagued this team all season .

The defensive play has gotten progressively worse, ironically the team has three former defencemen as coaches. I'm not singling out the dmen, it's everyone.

There is something wrong with this squad, which is a real shame.

Surrender five goals, or ten or twenty, but make a game of it. A big hit, good back checking , win a faceoff, drop the gloves.
But nothing. A scrimmage in an OHL rink.

There's players , NHL drafted ones, OA ones, veteran 19 yr old ones, going thru the motions tonight. The sparks gone, top to bottom.

Not sure with whom the buck stops or when the other shoe will drop.

One win in ten starts, from a team gift wrapped in August.

No relief in sight, either.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Quite an unenthusiastic proformance all around against a team we should've at least got a single point off of.

Effort is not the issue tonight showed that, but lack of secondary support certainly raises big ???'s in both aspects of the gameplan tonight among other problems this team certainly has been faced with this season.

Seems to appear that or lack of raw focused emotion has been nonexistent since JG has left for the WJHC and KH has been sidelined by injury. Two both key pieces and yet again has proven that when faced with limited leadersip personalities in the dressing room and no one stepping up to fill much needed roles.

To follow TG has been anything but what was announced this year as a similar coach to RMcG. Certainly brings ???'s on wether or not the coach is fit for this type of team or the team isn't fit for this type of coach and if either question has anything to do with the consistent inconsistencies of recent play certainly raises big debates that time will tell wether or not if this coach will be able to match what was expected of him or not???

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Adjustments in game as the situation changes is key. But I want to be clear that I am not putting this squarely on Coach Gill (or the other coaches) as others have suggested. Everyone plays a part in recognizing the situation (in hockey IQ - situational awaremess) then executing the new strategy. The top line has this situational awareness but our secondary squads sometimes lack it. Coach Reeds I believe once said and I paraphrase, in the pros you have to tell a guy something 100 times, in junior you have to tell the kids 1,000 times. Coaching staff needs to improve their ability to recognize and COMMUNICATE in game changes but we can't think that they not doing anything, the players bare responsibility as well in recognition and EXECUTION.
I've said before that its becoming more and more clear that Gill is just not the right fit for this team behind the bench, and last night's game is more proof of that, IMO. Yes, I'm sure the Attack (and every team) may have a few players who lack execution---but for the team to be struggling this badly (1 W in past 11 games now after last night) based on execution, it would have to be the vast majority of the team that is not executing all at the same time, and I don't think that's likely. IMO, its much more likely that its the direction from behind the bench that is the larger issue.

Interesting about your PP adjustment point, I can't recall what recent game but the PP executed a diagonal pass from the point to the opposite faceoff circle for a goal. It was one of the only times I have seen this done this year. That is an example of recognition and execution, rather than simply executing the same thing. We need more of that from the 2nd units.
Or it could just be an example of a PK unit that did not play a tight box (or other) formation.

On the subject of special teams, looking at recent PP/PK team trends:
- On the PP, the team is 0/13 going back the past 3 games.
- On the PK, over the past 11 games (1 W in 11 game slide) the team has given up at least one PP goal in every game except in the Kingston game (Dec. 16). If I had more time, I would love to know what the PK% is over the last 11 games.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Watching the game on the tube I thought the Attack picked up their game from the second period on and had some decent chances to score but Richardson basically stopped all but one shot. He had one of his better games. They out shot the Rangers through those two periods 24-13. Attack fans are use to having stellar goaltending. Rangers have had issues this year also and there are just not that many top knotch goalies on the market as of yet. There are a bunch of teams looking to acquire one and it will clean out a closet or two before the deadline. I thing the Attack when healthy and have a full squad have a skilled team. They just need that steady goaltending. Just my opinion which doesn't count for much but I took a shot:)

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
There is a hockey term that none of us have used much when describing this team and I think it fits the bill. Plain and simple this team has far too many "passengers". By this I mean examples of questions from my earlier post.
Where are the energy guys? Where are the point producing guys? Where are the preventing chances against guys? Where are the big hit guys? Where are the speedsters? Where are the face-off winning guys? WHERE ARE THE LEADERS???
So when looking for these answers we can clearly see this team has TOO many "PASSENGERS"...
I think it's time to part ways with a few of these players now, they have had more than enough playing time to show management "just what they bring to the table".
By moving on from a few 19 and 20 year olds it will give the younger guys more of a chance to show just what they could actually bring to the team if given more meaningful minutes. This team looks to have a nice nucleus of 99-00-01 players moving forward.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
There is a hockey term that none of us have used much when describing this team and I think it fits the bill. Plain and simple this team has far too many "passengers". By this I mean examples of questions from my earlier post.
Where are the energy guys? Where are the point producing guys? Where are the preventing chances against guys? Where are the big hit guys? Where are the speedsters? Where are the face-off winning guys? WHERE ARE THE LEADERS???
So when looking for these answers we can clearly see this team has TOO many "PASSENGERS"...
I think it's time to part ways with a few of these players now, they have had more than enough playing time to show management "just what they bring to the table".
By moving on from a few 19 and 20 year olds it will give the younger guys more of a chance to show just what they could actually bring to the team if given more meaningful minutes. This team looks to have a nice nucleus of 99-00-01 players moving forward.

Unfortunately these points are only a small part of what's going on here in the organization right now this team has to consider the fact that dismantling the talent and going young maybe more closer to the truth then we all would like to admit.

Last night was a good example of how unmotivated this team is without Gadjovich on it. Gill has seemed to lost managing the bench and has yet to show that he was the right coach for this team moving forward last night showed this very openly with decisions or lack of by coach Gill.

Hopefully he's reminded that he's paid to win games not lose them. Anything short of attempting to do that and we should expect more obvious points of how lost this team truly is under his teachings.

The core of youth however is not what troubles me IMO but the senior players have since shown less than what we would expect from them by now at this point of the year. Would have to think missing Gadjovich to the WJHC has taken the wind out of the sails and KH to injury has put a big time chink in the team's motivation

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
The Attack are now comfortably in 8th place and looking to get steamrolled by the Soo in the first round of the playoffs, if they even make it.

A Soo series was supposed to be a good competitive one and happen in the Conference final.

This season has gone from middle of the pack disappointing in the Fall to downright embarrassing now.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Looking back on the stretch of games from the point where Bowman departed, the Attack held leads in every single game, except the last one against London, the 1-0 loss.

Many of these games , the Attack lead by two or even 3 goals, and in all but one game, the collapse happened in disastrous fashion, with the team surrendering three and four goals in a row.

So my opinion is not a lack of scoring, period, from anywhere in the lineup.

The deficiency is the inability to protect a lead.
In five of those games, the team scored four or five goals, and won once.
In the other five games, they scored three or less and won once.

As far as lack of secondary scoring in the slump, primary scorers-Suzuki, Gadjovich, Sushko, Dudas and Zippy (Who's been playing first line for a few weeks ), have scored 16 times. Durzi added two.

Secondary scorers- Campbell, Friend, Groulx, Struthers, Russell, Laczyrchuk (one could argue he SHOULD be a primary scorer), Phillips have added 9 more.

I'm not sure what percentage of primary vs secondary scoring one should reasonable expect, but I'd suggest this mix is about what it should be.
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your thoughts.

Sounds like you're looking at games since the Windsor/Michigan road trip (Bowman left the team when they got back to OS). Just curious, but what about the dropoff from the 6-1-0-2 start (14 out of 18 points) to the month of 0.500 hockey? Would you say the reason for that decline is also due to an inability to protect a lead? Something else?

Based on the games since Bowman left the team, beginning Nov. 22 vs. Niagara up to the Christmas break, the team played 11 games. The numbers you cited from primary/secondary scorers is 27 goals total over that period, which works out to 2.45 goals/game. IMO, that's not enough scoring to win games. FWIW, Helvig is leading the OHL in GAA with a 2.42 right now...which is basically identical to the combined primary+secondary scoring over the stretch that you've talked about.

As for the proportion of goals scored by primary vs. secondary scorers...you raise a great point, I've never heard before what a 'good' or 'reasonable' expectation is for this. Over the period you're looking at, you cited 6 primary scorers who scored 18 goals and 7 secondary scorers who scored 9 goals. That's exactly a 2:1 ratio, which I personally think leans a bit too heavily on the primary side. If you consider that the 'primary' scorers represent a relatively small contingent of a team, and that the 'secondary' scorers (and some would even say there's 'tertiary' scoring) make up a larger pool of players per team, then the proportion, IMO, should ideally be closer to equal (I'm NOT saying it should be equal, just closer to equal). FWIW, I recall off hand last spring that Erie seemed to be getting consistent contribution from Foegele, Maksimovich, and Lodnia.

Looking at the secondary forward players' individual numbers (not meaning to be critical of the players, just looking at the numbers):
- Lazer had 5 goals in his first 8 games; 1 goal in past 16 (note his good start and the 6-1-0-2 team start)
- Struthers had 5 goals in his frist 8 games; 3 goals in past 22 games (note his good start and the 6-1-0-2 team start).
- Roberts had 2 goals in his first 4 games; 1 goal in past 19 before injury (note his good start and the 6-1-0-2 team start).
- Campbell with 3 goals on the year in 33 games.
- Russell with 1 goal on the year in 27 games.
- Zippy with 5 goals on the year in 32 games (I know you put him in the primary group, but IMO the secondary group is a better fit).

I've pointed out a few times before that the team has progressively declined in the W column over the course of the season (6-1-0-2 start, then a month of .500 hockey, now a 1 W in 11 game skid). I crunched some numbers on the goal scoring over these 3 stretches (I took out EN and SO goals scored)...

6-1-0-2 start (Sep. 23 - Oct. 15)
9 games
48 goals scored
5.33 goals/game

Month of 0.500 hockey (Oct. 21 - Nov. 22)
13 games
47 goals scored
3.62 goals/game

1 W in 11 games (Nov. 24 - Present)
11 games
32 goals scored
2.91 goals/game

So, the correlation between decline in W's and decline in overall scoring seems clear enough. Especially since there has never been a decline in goaltending numbers over the season; for example, one can't point to a decline in goaltending as the reason why the good 6-1-0-2 start came to an end.

You raise a good point about the inability to protect a lead. I don't think the gameplan was ever to keep the puck out of the net. Going back even to last offseason, the team acquired a career 3.50+ GAA goalie to backstop the team on a supposed deep playoff run (I don't recall what his career GAA was prior to this season, but I'm pretty sure it was between 3.50 and 4.00). Furthermore, reportedly the new #1 had not played since December of last season due to injury. Add to that the lack of a top-end shutdown D-man or two, and I think its clear the strategy was to rely on all the returning players and depth at the F position to beat teams 5-4, 6-5, etc. The team is not built to keep pucks out of the net, its built to play puck possession hockey and run up the score. As the scoring has declined, the W's have stopped coming. This is why I see the scoring as the biggest issue. Its the team's biggest strength and the team has been increasingly unable to leverage the strength into W's.

I have also said before that I think the scoring issue is also fundamentally a coaching issue, as other teams have figured out how to contain the team's offence we have not had much of a response (increasing lack of quality scoring chances, majority of shots coming from the perimeter, etc). I'm wondering whether your point about being unable to protect a lead could also be related to coaching? If so, its possible we could both be talking about essentially the same thing!

Scotty

Nov 26, 2017
Last nights game was a real eye opener, I am shocked how quick this team has unraveled. They have lost all confidence when they had puck in opposing zone, they couldn't execute simple passes or shots, unlike Kitchener who were oozing confidence. I think new goalie is holding his own.I don't know timelines regarding injured players but we need to see full squad in play for a few games, then tough decisions need to be made whether Attack are contenders or pretenders. As many have voiced concerns I think we have addressed goalie issue ,end of January will determine if coach has the players tuned in. Captain has to go! no easy way around this one, I really liked his play up until this season but he needs a fresh start and we need a new leader. Gadjovich coming back from WJ will have new confidence which will rub off on teammates. Is Friend dealing with leg or core injury?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your thoughts.

Sounds like you're looking at games since the Windsor/Michigan road trip (Bowman left the team when they got back to OS). Just curious, but what about the dropoff from the 6-1-0-2 start (14 out of 18 points) to the month of 0.500 hockey? Would you say the reason for that decline is also due to an inability to protect a lead? Something else?

Based on the games since Bowman left the team, beginning Nov. 22 vs. Niagara up to the Christmas break, the team played 11 games. The numbers you cited from primary/secondary scorers is 27 goals total over that period, which works out to 2.45 goals/game. IMO, that's not enough scoring to win games. FWIW, Helvig is leading the OHL in GAA with a 2.42 right now...which is basically identical to the combined primary+secondary scoring over the stretch that you've talked about.

As for the proportion of goals scored by primary vs. secondary scorers...you raise a great point, I've never heard before what a 'good' or 'reasonable' expectation is for this. Over the period you're looking at, you cited 6 primary scorers who scored 18 goals and 7 secondary scorers who scored 9 goals. That's exactly a 2:1 ratio, which I personally think leans a bit too heavily on the primary side. If you consider that the 'primary' scorers represent a relatively small contingent of a team, and that the 'secondary' scorers (and some would even say there's 'tertiary' scoring) make up a larger pool of players per team, then the proportion, IMO, should ideally be closer to equal (I'm NOT saying it should be equal, just closer to equal). FWIW, I recall off hand last spring that Erie seemed to be getting consistent contribution from Foegele, Maksimovich, and Lodnia.

Looking at the secondary forward players' individual numbers (not meaning to be critical of the players, just looking at the numbers):
- Lazer had 5 goals in his first 8 games; 1 goal in past 16 (note his good start and the 6-1-0-2 team start)
- Struthers had 5 goals in his frist 8 games; 3 goals in past 22 games (note his good start and the 6-1-0-2 team start).
- Roberts had 2 goals in his first 4 games; 1 goal in past 19 before injury (note his good start and the 6-1-0-2 team start).
- Campbell with 3 goals on the year in 33 games.
- Russell with 1 goal on the year in 27 games.
- Zippy with 5 goals on the year in 32 games (I know you put him in the primary group, but IMO the secondary group is a better fit).

I've pointed out a few times before that the team has progressively declined in the W column over the course of the season (6-1-0-2 start, then a month of .500 hockey, now a 1 W in 11 game skid). I crunched some numbers on the goal scoring over these 3 stretches (I took out EN and SO goals scored)...

6-1-0-2 start (Sep. 23 - Oct. 15)
9 games
48 goals scored
5.33 goals/game

Month of 0.500 hockey (Oct. 21 - Nov. 22)
13 games
47 goals scored
3.62 goals/game

1 W in 11 games (Nov. 24 - Present)
11 games
32 goals scored
2.91 goals/game

So, the correlation between decline in W's and decline in overall scoring seems clear enough. Especially since there has never been a decline in goaltending numbers over the season; for example, one can't point to a decline in goaltending as the reason why the good 6-1-0-2 start came to an end.

You raise a good point about the inability to protect a lead. I don't think the gameplan was ever to keep the puck out of the net. Going back even to last offseason, the team acquired a career 3.50+ GAA goalie to backstop the team on a supposed deep playoff run (I don't recall what his career GAA was prior to this season, but I'm pretty sure it was between 3.50 and 4.00). Furthermore, reportedly the new #1 had not played since December of last season due to injury. Add to that the lack of a top-end shutdown D-man or two, and I think its clear the strategy was to rely on all the returning players and depth at the F position to beat teams 5-4, 6-5, etc. The team is not built to keep pucks out of the net, its built to play puck possession hockey and run up the score. As the scoring has declined, the W's have stopped coming. This is why I see the scoring as the biggest issue. Its the team's biggest strength and the team has been increasingly unable to leverage the strength into W's.

I have also said before that I think the scoring issue is also fundamentally a coaching issue, as other teams have figured out how to contain the team's offence we have not had much of a response (increasing lack of quality scoring chances, majority of shots coming from the perimeter, etc). I'm wondering whether your point about being unable to protect a lead could also be related to coaching? If so, its possible we could both be talking about essentially the same thing!

After examining the steady decline of the team's performance, up to and including lat night, one must wonder how or why the sentiment now is to wait till we get Gadjo, Sushko and Hancock back.

Before it was wait till we get a good goaltender.

What about the mittful of NHL draftees on the squad?
The top performers in the B pool at the WJC?

ETC.
There certainly SHOULD BE enough depth to succeed.

That it hasn't happened to date has to fall on someones shoulders.

The coaches comments have been noticeably absent during this 11 game slide. Before that it was mostly to blame the team.

Has he run out of ideas already ?

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
After examining the steady decline of the team's performance, up to and including lat night, one must wonder how or why the sentiment now is to wait till we get Gadjo, Sushko and Hancock back.

Before it was wait till we get a good goaltender.

What about the mittful of NHL draftees on the squad?
The top performers in the B pool at the WJC?

ETC.
There certainly SHOULD BE enough depth to succeed.

That it hasn't happened to date has to fall on someones shoulders.

The coaches comments have been noticeably absent during this 11 game slide. Before that it was mostly to blame the team.

Has he run out of ideas already ?
I agree 100% with all these points.

People have been using excuses for this team all year. Of course the big one was the goaltending (i.e., "We need a goalie with a 0.900 save %"), but when the team picked up a new goalie who put up amazing numbers his first two games they still came out without a win. Now, you're right, the running excuse is key players being absent (injury to Hancock, WJC for Gadj and Sushko). And I agree, when you look at the declining level of team play, especially including last night's performance, you're left wondering what difference it would make if the team were playing with its regular lineup. Plus, Gadj and Sushko were around for the majority of the games over the current 1 W in 11 game slide anyway. People who watch the team closely know that the problem is not simply a matter of a few player absences. The team has a lot of depth, which is arguably its biggest strength, so there's guys who should be able to step up with Gadj, Hancock, and Sushko out of the lineup right now. You look at the Soo and they're still rolling along--21 W's in a row now!--without Katchouk and Timmins, plus whatever other Soo players made their countries' WJC teams and whatever injuries they may have. The Attack's issues run way deeper than 0.900 goaltending and a few missing players.

We're halfway though the season now and there's no end in sight to the team's woes. In fact, they're getting worse. I agree with you, we're at the point now where you have to start looking at all of this falling on somebody's shoulders. My opinion is that the head coaching has been the fundamental team issue. Some thoughts on this:

- I have observed that teams have played the Attack differently since the weekend of the 12-6 W vs. Oshawa (when the good 6-1-0-2 start ended). More trapping to contain the team's explosive offense. Breakouts have appeared generally 'off'. Number of quality scoring chances has decreased. Larger proportion of shots are coming from the perimeter in the offensive zone (blueline, bad angles, etc.). More recently, I noticed that Kingston and London used a very tight box formation on the PK and the team had no answer to that (just passed the puck around on the offensive zone perimeter), and the team is currently on an 0/13 skid on the PP over the past 3 games. Generally speaking, its a lack of adjustments from behind the bench to counteract opponents' strategies. I've mentioned these things before and IMO this is the biggest issue.

- The team has not 'gelled' on the ice this year. Last night's game emphasizes that I think.

- The team's biggest strength (in my opinion, anyway) is its depth up front. And the depth scoring has not been there. Its one thing if its just a couple guys not executing, you figure those couple guys are just struggling on their own. But if its more than 2-3 guys not executing, its a sign that there's more going on. Overall team scoring has declined as the year has progressed (see my previous post). When a team's strength isn't materializing as a strength, that's a big red flag.

- Gill's post-game rant about discipline after the Nov. 25 loss to Guelph: “It’s been an issue from the start of the year,” said Gill about the penalties. “I just said to them, what do you want me to do as a coach? You know? It’s not just one. It seems to be a team thing.” “If I sit everybody a game for taking a bad penalty we wouldn’t have a very strong lineup,” Gill said. Article is here for reference: Undisciplined Attack lose to Storm.

- Letang and Hill handling the majority of the media interviews since Gill's Nov. 25 rant (you rightly pointed this out in your post).

- I've never seen a coach show less emotion on the bench than Gill. If he let the refs know his thoughts on the penalty calls (without incurring a penalty, of course) once in a while, maybe there would be one or two fewer calls against the team here and there.

- A quote from DD taken from the Sun Times article on Gill's hiring last summer (Todd Gill is new Attack head coach):

DeGray said in the interview that Gill comes to town under unique circumstances.

Often teams change coaches either because the preceding coach did poorly or the team was successful, then became depleted of the players who got them there and the coach leaves too, leaving a weak squad for the next coach, he said. Neither is the case with the Attack.

So there's expectations coming in on this and that's why, quite frankly, we needed to get somebody who has some experience in the league, and professionally, and Todd brings an international experience as well. So he should be able to move forward, as opposed to a younger guy trying to figure it out as he goes along.”

So the expectation was that Gill would be able to get results right away given his OHL experience and the large contingent of returning players coming off a conference final playoff exit. Well, we're halfway through the season now, and the team is still very obviously trying to "figure it out"...which was not supposed to be the case.

I've said this before, I wouldn't be opposed to Letang being given the head coaching reins. Letang was around for the McGill era, he knows what was working for the boys when they were playing at another level last year. But it would have to be done by the trade deadline to make sense for this season. The goodness-of-fit between Gill and this team just doesn't seem to be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: OSMike

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Millpond and Pond Hockey you make some very good points. I think it's time to ask the hard questions of the coach. Noticeable absent is the coach's corner video feature that both McGill and Ireland conducted almost weekly. They hired a 3rd coach for him. He does not show the passion and energy behind the bench. Does he just think he can sleepwalk through his 3 years here.

Reviewing the highlights I would say that Ollie was not at fault on the first 4. The 5th maybe he should have got.

Heading to the game tonight looking for some effort.

And ya Gadjovich should have been named captain. He embodies what this team has been about for years HARD WORK, Friend is a hard worker but the manchild is the poster boy. Szypula made note of the team needing to get back to that identity in a recent interview.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Millpond and Pond Hockey you make some very good points. I think it's time to ask the hard questions of the coach. Noticeable absent is the coach's corner video feature that both McGill and Ireland conducted almost weekly. They hired a 3rd coach for him. He does not show the passion and energy behind the bench. Does he just think he can sleepwalk through his 3 years here.

Reviewing the highlights I would say that Ollie was not at fault on the first 4. The 5th maybe he should have got.

Heading to the game tonight looking for some effort.

And ya Gadjovich should have been named captain. He embodies what this team has been about for years HARD WORK, Friend is a hard worker but the manchild is the poster boy. Szypula made note of the team needing to get back to that identity in a recent interview.

After a lacklustre October and November (both under .500), the team has one win in 8 starts in December, including 0 for 3 since Olie took over the net, and have scored exactly 3 goals for him .

So now the goaltending has been somewhat shored up, the entire team has lost its scoring touch .
And let's remember until now, the Attack have scored the 3rd most goals in the league!

I'm starting to seriously wonder if the entire roster is tuning out the coach ?

Reactions: Pond Hockey

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
We’ll if it’s any consolation, even with McNiven in net I don’t think the Attack would have been close to the Soo this year anyway. That team is an absolute juggernaut, and they still have an extra OA and Import roster spot available. Amazing job they’ve done up there.

I think DD should offload Friend at the trade deadline (the Soo or Ottawa would be good candidates), maybe a few other underperforming vets as well (I can think of a few), give Gadj the “C” and let him lead this team and see where it all ends up by the end of the year. I could see some decent improvement of that happens as the team rallies around JG.

Reactions: soo hound girl

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Here's a thought...what if the team dealt Gadj to Windsor for DiPietro? Then the Spits could in turn deal Gadj for draft picks to restock their cupboards.

Would be kind of like the Propp and Lyle deals that involved 3 teams.

It wouldn't be a deal to help the team this year, obviously, as Gadj would be gone. But it looks like the team has some key 99's who stand to return next season (Suzuki, Sushko, Struthers and Roberts up front, Phillips and Lyle on the back end), as well as Dudas obviously ('00). Add some possible OA's in Durzi and Bourque, and another one up front comparable to James from last season. Add a second import. Maybe Russell breaks out like Dudas did this year. You never know what could happen.

And if the team does not end up being a contender next season, you could then deal DiPietro at the deadline next year for roughly whatever haul of picks/prospects the team would have gotten for Gadj this year.

My preference would be to keep Gadj to make a run this season, but a deep playoff run this year doesn't look realistic at the moment. So my mind is looking to the future.

Anyway, just a random thought.

Last edited:

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Here's a thought...what if the team dealt Gadj to Windsor for DiPietro? Then the Spits could in turn deal Gadj for draft picks to restock their cupboards.

Would be a deal kind of like the Propp and Lyle deals that basically involved 3 teams.

Unfortunately for as good as a deal like that would sound the Spits made it very clear that they wanted Durzi not Jonah and Dudas and DD said no when AD name was brought to the table of trade.

Would have to think DD will sit pat unless he can reload the draft cupboard and youth for the next few seasons but has made it clear that What You See Is What You Get This Year for the Attack and no matter what scenarios in the way of deals we the fans think should happen there just not there unless the team accepts the dreadful thought of a second half rebuild for the remained of 2017/18.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Unfortunately for as good as a deal like that would sound the Spits made it very clear that they wanted Durzi not Jonah and Dudas and DD said no when AD name was brought to the table of trade.

Would have to think DD will sit pat unless he can reload the draft cupboard and youth for the next few seasons but has made it clear that What You See Is What You Get This Year for the Attack and no matter what scenarios in the way of deals we the fans think should happen there just not there unless the team accepts the dreadful thought of a second half rebuild for the remained of 2017/18.
I would guess that Gadj wasn't on the table at that time. A lot has changed since then.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
AttackSound, when was it that you heard "the Spit's made it very clear they wanted Durzi and Dudas" for DiPietro?

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Better game, but another blown lead.

Really hope Durzi is alright.

Really think its time to move on from Friend, Verity, and a few others

I don't know about anyone else but Friend had a very lousy OT and just looks like he doesn'tcare anymore.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Good grief. we stayed for 2 periods and were happy to leave up 3-1. What the heck happened. This team can't hold a lead and the pp and pk are going downhill fast.

Scotty

Nov 26, 2017
1st and 2nd periods the boys really pressed and were ahead, 3rd period you could see the team lose their confidence and were barely hanging on at the end. We can all second guess but I don't understand why Friend was out in OT , he just doesn't move and coach could have called a time out at some point in 3rd to settle guys, maybe he just wants to run the clock?? I am shocked how quick this team has fallen. I have no idea whats going on in room but this is not good. Just Brutal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad