Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I mentioned this in the Windsor thread so I'll throw it here, too - what about if the Lafreniere (sp?) move is simply a stop-gap and he's dealt to Windsor later on as part of a DiPietro trade? This gives Windsor a guy with OHL experience to back-up Baier, who will take over, plus Windsor gets whatever else they can in the deal.

The Attack are not going for it. So no DiPeitro trade. IMO This will be the last goalie trade we see for OS this year. It's too bad we didn't keep Propp. The team will do ok this year and that's ok. Guzda will be groomed for next year. I agree with Ward, there is a lack of good goalies available and the price for the premium ones is too high for the Attack.

I would like to see Gadjovich moved, only for the returnable assets, I will be sad not to see him play out his days in an Attack uniform. He embodies the work ethic that is a hallmark of our franchise, but his value is the best and there is no way he is in the OHL next year.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't see the point of that move if there isn't more to come. It's pretty lateral and you gave up an asset to do it. Might as well go big at this point. You have the offence to do it.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I mentioned this in the Windsor thread so I'll throw it here, too - what about if the Lafreniere (sp?) move is simply a stop-gap and he's dealt to Windsor later on as part of a DiPietro trade? This gives Windsor a guy with OHL experience to back-up Baier, who will take over, plus Windsor gets whatever else they can in the deal.

Agreed this move is like putting a bandaid on an open wound.

OL could be brought in as temporary tender till DeGray can make a play for a goalie he wants.

Although as fans we sometimes forget that deals aren't as complex as we think they are in the league most deals come down to who's looking to add pieces now or for next year.

And when they fall throw it's more because what's being offered up is either isn't wanted on the other side or the club dosent want to give up what teams are asking.

This idea that 2nds and 3rds are being traded 2 to 4 years down the road for one player is something that has become it's own worse enemy because teams with little value to trade end up getting something that may or may not be worth it by the time the deal has any sort of result. As for picking up a tender like DiPietro the closer and closer to the trade dadline managers prices will begin to inflate and cost 2 and 3 times more than what a deal in October would've been

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Goaltending woes have changed a lot of teams fortunes.

The Rangers last season comes to mind .

Let's see what Olie brings , and let's NOT put the pressure of winning a championship on his back .

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Goaltending woes have changed a lot of teams fortunes.

The Rangers last season comes to mind .

Let's see what Olie brings , and let's NOT put the pressure of winning a championship on his back .

Looks like he's going to be Guzda's back-up as he's not playing tonight. Was with OS in practice the last couple days. I'm surprised he didn't get the start tonight

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Looks like he's going to be Guzda's back-up as he's not playing tonight. Was with OS in practice the last couple days. I'm surprised he didn't get the start tonight
Degray in an interview with Freddy said something about a tweaked groin so wouldnt likely start until the weekend to give extra rest also brought up all the traveling he had to do and moving

Reactions: Millpond

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
If that was the last time we ever see Daylon Groulx play in an Attack jersey I am fine with it.

Take a 5 min major and a game putting this team at 9 F for the rest of the night and weekend potentially.

He is one of the players that was going to be given every opportunity to step up while Gadj and Zuke are gone and he pulls some crap like that. And it wasn't accidental. He want in, elbow heavy.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
If that was the last time we ever see Daylon Groulx play in an Attack jersey I am fine with it.

Take a 5 min major and a game putting this team at 9 F for the rest of the night and weekend potentially.

He is one of the players that was going to be given every opportunity to step up while Gadj and Zuke are gone and he pulls some crap like that. And it wasn't accidental. He want in, elbow heavy.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack could have folded their tent then and could have looked none the poorer for it .

Instead they drew even in the 2nd and are making a game of it .

I'm sure this is the beginning of the 'evaluation ' Fred spoke of , where DeGray will decide to buy or sell.

I can enjoy an effort like this any night.

These young guys have no reason to think they can't win .

Keep it up boys.

Reactions: SebJHockey

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
The Attack could have folded their tent then and could have looked none the poorer for it .

Instead they drew even in the 2nd and are making a game of it .

I'm sure this is the beginning of the 'evaluation ' Fred spoke of , where DeGray will decide to buy or sell.

I can enjoy an effort like this any night.

These young guys have no reason to think they can' win .

Keep it up boys.

They responded nicely in the 2nd. Guys like Campbell and Szypula have a little extra step. And i gotta say, As much as I have gotten on Cole Cameron early on, I like him as a forward.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
They responded nicely in the 2nd. Guys like Campbell and Szypula have a little extra step. And i gotta say, As much as I have gotten on Cole Cameron early on, I like him as a forward.

Me too, he seems to have good wheels up front, I think he will stay there till January

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Well that was a nice effort by a 3 line team missing the bulk of scoring .

Aiden Dudas is putting up Hishon type sophomore numbers.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
The supporting cast stepped up as much as you could ask them to last night. Unfortunate give away on the tying goal and a lost rebound on the winner. But full marks for continuing to battle the whole game. The "3rd unit" PP looked quite good. I hadn't really noticed but we are the #1 PP in the league. If only the PK could improve. I felt Barrie was allowed to stand around the crease too much last night, Friend needs to be more aggressive rather than just try to tie up the stick, I am sure he's wary of penalties but he's gotta move some guys. I am always critical of Szypula so I want to point out that he's curbed his silly penalty problem and has been playing some good hockey of late, starting about the time Hancock went down. Let's hope I haven't jinxed it now :) As noted Cameron as a forward looks good, fast and hard on the puck.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I liked the compete level. I liked to see the young guys step up , and not fold their tent when they easily could have.
There's some great kids on the team, now with a goaltender who can eat up some minutes and hopefully instill some confidence, let's see where this goes in the next three weeks .

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Good push back game last night unfortunately when the same player continues to take undisciplined penalties at key points of game it continues to burn the team on the scoreboard.

Really haults the teams momentum for any sort of comeback when you get the same 2-3 players sitting in the box for anywhere from 6-10 minutes a game.

Last night was a good example of that when the team had a good chance to put breathing room between the guys and the Colts.

Good to see depth guys get points like Campbell and Szypula but the team is really missing key players like Hancock and Suzuki in the line up for those critical points in key situations like the special teams.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Great to see Jonah getting a crack at winning a gold for Canada by making the Juniors would've been to see Nick get a chance but will be good to have him back in an Attack uni.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Yes. A lot of fans asking themselves why their guy was cut
Logan Stanley, Mike DiPietro, Cody Glass, etc.

Of course hockey Canada is an enigma wrapped in a riddle......
As mysterious as the World Olympic Committee.

And just like the Olympics, they don't have to answer to anyone...

Reactions: Noofgoof

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Unfortunate for Suzuki not to have made the Team Canada roster. You feel for him. He has a ton of skill. I hope he channels the frustration into motivation to prove Hockey Canada wrong. Would love to see him put up 3 against London tomorrow afternoon.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
LaFreniere looked very good in a 2-1 shootout loss. Tough game to lose.

The Attack did everything right except score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad