Ovie and the Caps’ Epic Unceasing Celly

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
If Ovie does not show up hungover or half drunk at training camp then the celebrations have been a failure.

pezpunk

May 3, 2013
The Caps have damaged the cup. It's no longer round, and appears to have a crease or tear in the lip. Seems to have happened on TJ Oshie's day with the cup, and has been through several various states of roundishness since.

bent-stanley-cup-bowl.jpg

Source: Russian Machine Never Breaks --
The Capitals invented the Cup stand. The tradition bent the bowl of the Stanley Cup.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Way to go caps. Ruin all the fun for the rest of the teams. No more keg stands on the cup after the hall of fame thinking about banning them.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The Caps have damaged the cup. It's no longer round, and appears to have a crease or tear in the lip. Seems to have happened on TJ Oshie's day with the cup, and has been through several various states of roundishness since.

bent-stanley-cup-bowl.jpg

Source: Russian Machine Never Breaks --
The Capitals invented the Cup stand. The tradition bent the bowl of the Stanley Cup.
After looking through the history of what the cup has been through I guess this is just par for the course. Not something I would do personally with a 100+ year old trophy but I guess thats part of the fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotton

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The original one had to be fished out of the canal in Ottawa,so people being stupid with it has been going on since the first ever one was awarded

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
As I said on the Capitals side they think the keg stands may be damaging the bowl and/or base due to the weight being placed on them. I am pretty sure if the people with the Cup thought they were damaging it they wouldn't have done them.

It was also noted they would assess the Cup structurally once they take it apart for the engraving. Fingers-crossed the team didn't hurt it too bad.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The cup will be good as new for the 2019 winners to take it around next summer. I'm pretty sure someone on the Wings had to rivet the bowl back to the base during one summer (which was replaced with a more permanent solution once they gave it back).

Happens all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 1