Ovie and the Caps’ Epic Unceasing Celly

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
:rolleyes:

Hehe. It's all ok now... But I'll be really concerned if the party still continues in august. You can forget B2B SC dreams then.

Caps should establish brewery and start produce beer labels 'Celly', 'B2B', and Special import (from Russia) vodka 'Ovechkin' to augment oncoming frustrations and disappointments of next 40 years. New prospects, future grinders, wandering free agents, and all the staff can then learn to the established and systemic alcohol culture introduced by the franchise in 2018 A.D.

Longer the party, longer the hangover.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wonder what would happen if Buffalo won. Toronto would be insane and the fans would be incredible but the current players on the team still seem like the robots from most teams. Now Buffalo fans who have been waiting literally forever for a championship in ANY sport, holy moly!! Eichel also seems like he can throw down with the best of them.

I would definitely be on board with that party.

Yeah... Bills mafia don’t f*** around. Buffalo would burn.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Me too. :laugh:

Yep. My only complaint was the parade was too long. I understand so many people deserved to be in on it (staff, 1974 till today STH'ers, etc.) but there were about ten buses with people that weren't players. Parade started at 11:05ish and the buses didn't get to the rally until 1:24p. That took a lot of steam out of us because while it wasn't hot at all, the sun was pounding on us.

The front row was cool, especially when Burakovsky, DSP and Grubauer ran by and high fived the whole row.
I was bummed about the all-time STH thing. We’ve had our tix all along but the first few years they were in my dad’s buddy’s name instead of ours, so the Caps only give us credit for 40 years. Otherwise my sisters and nieces could’ve been on that bus. :(

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
Ovechkin actually has a personality, unless you consider cardboard boxes as having personality, in which case Crosby has one too.
Ovechkin isn't afraid to show his personality, that's the difference. Crosby has been in the spotlight since he was 15. He was taught to always act "responsible" for the cameras. Off camera Crosby is a joker. I can't confirm this first hand, but his friends talk about it routinely in interviews. But, I admit, Ovechkin's personality is amazing. So happy he won the cup.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
How do Capitals fans feel knowing everybody loves that their team won?

It must be kinda weird no? And almost in a way annoying. How can you rub this in anybody else's nose if everybody is happy for you? :sarcasm:

It is a very uncommon occurrence in any team sport that the champions are almost universally beloved. I think the only read good comparison is professional wrestling. The Capitals are a pure "whitemeat Babyface" who has spent years eating shit from all kind of opponents but through it all they only got more determined, only got more fans, and finally reached the mountaintop in the most satisfying way possible. If it were pro wrestling all the other NHL captains (the babyfaces anyway) would have come out onto the ice and hoisted Ovechkin onto their shoulders.

skysports-mankind-mick-foley_4198819.jpg

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

It must be kinda weird no? And almost in a way annoying. How can you rub this in anybody else's nose if everybody is happy for you? :sarcasm:

:laugh: I get this.

I haven't seen one real Caps fan who has even been remotely smug about winning the Cup because half of us don't believe it really happened and the other half are just too friggin' happy to be smart asses. It is sort of like a sports induced PTSD I think.

The Caps are finally in the club, not quite Pens/Oilers/Islanders level but they now have a seat at the table, man does it feel good to be a fan right now.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
All I've seen is happiness, and some residual disbelief they made it. The parade/rally was just joy.

Forsberg jibes? Pittsburgh comparisons? Party too hard? Crosby digs? Bandwagonry? Disrespecting the Cup? Schadenfreude?

Nah. Capitals fans' mile-thick plot armor is inviolable these days and nothing is getting through. Just happiness, and relief.

It'll be a while before much gets through that. Caps fans love everyone and everything nowadays.

A good bit of the alteration is liable to be permanent. Whatever else they do going forward, this one year will have legs. It's a salve against a lot of pent-up frustration.

Reactions: pezpunk

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Updates?

Don't tell me they stopped already!
They had their breakdown day and exit interviews with managment yesterday, so I suppose they had to be sober for a few hours for that. It also means any continued partying will be more fractured, as each player goes their separate ways for the next month or two.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
They had their breakdown day and exit interviews with managment yesterday, so I suppose they had to be sober for a few hours for that. It also means any continued partying will be more fractured, as each player goes their separate ways for the next month or two.

They just had to bring it down a notch to mimosas for the duration of the exit interview.

Reactions: Hivemind

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I wonder what would happen if Buffalo won. Toronto would be insane and the fans would be incredible but the current players on the team still seem like the robots from most teams. Now Buffalo fans who have been waiting literally forever for a championship in ANY sport, holy moly!! Eichel also seems like he can throw down with the best of them.
We will never know, will we?

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016

It is a very uncommon occurrence in any team sport that the champions are almost universally beloved. I think the only read good comparison is professional wrestling. The Capitals are a pure "whitemeat Babyface" who has spent years eating **** from all kind of opponents but through it all they only got more determined, only got more fans, and finally reached the mountaintop in the most satisfying way possible. If it were pro wrestling all the other NHL captains (the babyfaces anyway) would have come out onto the ice and hoisted Ovechkin onto their shoulders.

skysports-mankind-mick-foley_4198819.jpg

We’ve gotten the humble beaten into us for yeeeears. Learned how hard it is to win a Cup even with really good teams. Hard to be cocky when your team couldn’t get past the 2nd round for a decade plus.

It is kind of weird having everybody else outside of Pittsburgh cheer along with us though. I think people like seeing a new team win it, but it’s pretty clear people are cheering for Ovi lifting the cup regardless of what jersey he is wearing. Which is just awesome that he’s inspired this much good will.

The crazy thing is it seems like the fans and even the other Caps players are more happy that Ovi won it than they / the city won it.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012

haha, we are still in disbelief. I think the players as well in disbelief. I feel like we somehow, due a weird incident, ended up in a parallel reality where the Caps won the Cup and Trump is the president who is going to congratulate them :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad