GDT: Ovi vs Crosby 8pm Mar 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I like how Orpik is considered one of his great moves when his big contribution was not crapping the bed as a #6 defenseman in 2018 making 5.5 million a year (in a 70 mil cap era), one of his 5 years here. After helping walk the Pens to the ECFs on their way to a cup in 2016 and 2017 no less.

Orpik’s impact went way beyond what he did on the ice though. He brought leadership on that blue line and made us a tougher bunch to play against.

He could also clear the crease as well as any other D in the league at that time. These days, I feel like opposing players could make themselves breakfast and coffee in front of our goalies.

Reactions: troyerlaw

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
If Caps decide to make big changes over the summer, I hope they at least consider canning GMBM. He built this roster — old, slow, and injury-prone as it is. And he was also the one who thought Todd Rierden would be better HC for this group than Trotz.

We havent won a playoff round since 2018, and now we’re going to miss the playoffs. GMBM bears some of the responsibility for that, it’s not just the players and coaches
Yep. It’s time. They need a young, smart analytics type who’s not tied to this organization and eschews all the “plays the game the right way” tropes and is merciless about our roster composition. But I don’t think Ted will allow that

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Ovis goal last night was just beautiful, not sure why it got me so fired up. You just saw it coming before it even went in and it he was closer to the blue line than he usually is

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad