GDT: Ovi vs Crosby 8pm Mar 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
This is basically for the season. Win and they 2 points back of playoff spot. lose and if drops them 6 points back and basically good night
Wooow stop right there bud. Any talk of them having any kind of playoff chances will be met with resentment and condemnation. On this board the lights went out a long time ago.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
This is basically for the season. Win and they 2 points back of playoff spot. lose and if drops them 6 points back and basically good night
It felt like that back in 08 when they played the Pens and they lost in regulation off a Backstrom deflection, then they went 11-1-0. Would probably need to win out though. If they win in regulation maybe they’d only need 13 more points.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
This game would become far more interesting if the Rangers beat the Panthers (Panthers are winning 2-0 after 1) and the Islanders beat the Sabres (Isles got outshot 15-7 in the scoreless 1st period).

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
A Caps win tonight and a win over the Aisles next game will make the stretch run very interesting

if nothing else, helping PIT miss the playoffs would be a nice little bonus (even though they have the easiest schedule of all the WC race teams)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wooow stop right there bud. Any talk of them having any kind of playoff chances will be met with resentment and condemnation. On this board the lights went out a long time ago.
It’ll be met with realism and statistical probabilities, as it’s always been. MoneyPuck has them with a 1.3% chance. The Athletic has them with a 3% chance.

They have to go 7-1-1 just to hit 91 points. Historically 96 points is the line of demarcation to make it safely. Think that’s happening?

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
It’ll be met with realism and statistical probabilities, as it’s always been. MoneyPuck has them with a 1.3% chance. The Athletic has them with a 3% chance.

They have to go 7-1-1 just to hit 91 points. Historically 96 points is the line of demarcation to make it safely. Think that’s happening?
Historically doesn't mean shit.

PIT is WC2 and on pace for 91.18 pts and have been under .500 recently

Caps win tonight, chances get better, they win v NYI, chances get better... who knows

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Historically doesn't mean shit.

PIT is WC2 and on pace for 91.18 pts and have been under .500 recently

Caps win tonight, chances get better, they win v NYI, chances get better... who knows
Rangers are beating the Panthers 4-3 in the 3rd.

It's up for grabs.

Reactions: troyerlaw

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY

Personally i think the chance is a little higher than 3% but regardless. They are not picking 1-5 and since there is still a little chance i will root for them. I was responding directly to the “ 0 points and Ovi goals crowd”

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Personally i think the chance is a little higher than 3% but regardless. They are not picking 1-5 and since there is still a little chance i will root for them. I was responding directly to the “ 0 points and Ovi goals crowd”

0 points and 2 Ovie goals!

Let's go!!!

1679787429517.png

Kuz

May 11, 2015
A lot of it is up to themselves as they have Isles*2, Pens*1 and Panthers*1. Problem is they pretty much need to win all of those games.

Like if they split the matchups vs the NYI after winning tonight they need to pick up 5 points on the Isles in six games. Pretty much means they need to win out to catch the Isles and Pens are pretty much on the same win percentage as the Isles and have Detroit*2, Chicago, Columbus and Philadelphia left. So they will both be very hard to catch.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They pretty much have to win out or hope that two of Florida, Pittsburgh, and New York have an all-time collapse. Or both. Even if they come close to winning out the teams in front of them can hold them off if they go .500 or even a bit worse.

If it happens I’ll be cheering my ass off for them but it’s not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad