Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
the amount of games with double shield (Sigma and Orisa) now is depressing. felt like every comp game I have played so far has had two shields, and my teammates just sit there shooting at them with no success. this may be a miserable meta we are about to enter

not sure if this will last once the real season 18 starts, but so far it is miserable. it wouldn't be so bad if teams adapted to this, but you know the rules, there has to be at least two snipers per game aimlessly shooting at two big shields in the choke

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Role lock honestly tilted me super hard, way more than I expected. I was annoyed that I couldn't sub in for a DPS or tank that clearly didn't know how to play the role they were trying at this comp level, and it irritated me to no end.

yeah I think you're gonna see a lot of people who have been forced to play tank and healer for years finally getting a chance to play DPS and feeling kind of lost. this is exactly has been happening to me. I haven't spent more than 1% of my time in comp on DPS, and now I can and theres definitely a lot to learn still

I've also seem a ton of dumb main tank players doing absolutely nothing as well. there's just gonna be a lot of people playing stuff they aren't used to for awhile

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I don't know why anybody would play this game without friends. It's too much of a team-based game, it's not a lot of fun to jump in and play with random players, in my opinion anyways.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't know why anybody would play this game without friends. It's too much of a team-based game, it's not a lot of fun to jump in and play with random players, in my opinion anyways.

Sometimes friends are more toxic than randoms. Also, it can be hard to get a group of six people together to play.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Sometimes friends are more toxic than randoms.

Huh, well that's not been my experience. My friends just want to relax and have some fun, random players often seem to take the game super seriously and just can't handle losing.

Also, it can be hard to get a group of six people together to play.

I don't feel like we need to fill all 6 slots every time, sometimes there will be 1 or 2 random players, which is fine. But if my friends aren't playing then I'll just play something else.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'm still playing and enjoying the game, the 2-2-2 ranked is great.
I just had a crazy game as Brigette. Ended up with 98% defensive assists with a total of around 64. I didn't even feel like I was playing that amazing at the time. This is probably my biggest feat in this game since I got over 21k healing as Lucio in a Mystery Heroes arcade game.

Edit - never mind, it's not very hard to do with the Brigette rework lol. Just got 100% defensive assists with a total of 32 in a comp game.

Last edited:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I just had a crazy game as Brigette. Ended up with 98% defensive assists with a total of around 64. I didn't even feel like I was playing that amazing at the time. This is probably my biggest feat in this game since I got over 21k healing as Lucio in a Mystery Heroes arcade game.

Edit - never mind, it's not very hard to do with the Brigette rework lol. Just got 100% defensive assists with a total of 32 in a comp game.

Yeah I saw a 100% the other day too after the rework and was shocked. You never see that before the rework

I had this one the other day, you can guess which one I am. Also look at the match time too lol. It was quite ridiculous

Attachments

• 0F7E629A-778B-4BEA-A288-F9FFBF655A24.jpeg
    0F7E629A-778B-4BEA-A288-F9FFBF655A24.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 11

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Role lock is still in Beta so they have time to adjust the SR. Soon if you play with a DPS who doesn't hit anything or a MT that feeds like crazy, then you are at the same level as them with whatever role you play.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Huh, well that's not been my experience. My friends just want to relax and have some fun, random players often seem to take the game super seriously and just can't handle losing.

I don't feel like we need to fill all 6 slots every time, sometimes there will be 1 or 2 random players, which is fine. But if my friends aren't playing then I'll just play something else.

Some of my friends are dicks on video games and get tilted really easily. It can be frustrating. :help:

We've done the three stacks of four, typically we did better with more people but it did depend on the group we were rolling with (some of us played the same roles so forcing someone into something they were uncomfortable with didn't end well).

What's the rework?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Anyone get Overwatch for Switch?

I play on Xbox normally so I didn’t think it would be much different but holy crap

Idk if it’s just trying to play with JoyCons or what but it’s really hard. Characters with magnet aim like Winston and Moira are gonna be so good on switch cause no one can aim for shit lmao

I’d be curious if the pro controller is a much better option. I’ll have to try mine out when I get home

It is still pretty fun though. Just reeeeally hard

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've been doing the Junkenstein event again now that's it Halloween season. That's the part of Overwatch that keeps me coming back. It's nice and relaxing, but I do wish they'd add new elements each year.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Anyone get Overwatch for Switch?

I play on Xbox normally so I didn’t think it would be much different but holy crap

Idk if it’s just trying to play with JoyCons or what but it’s really hard. Characters with magnet aim like Winston and Moira are gonna be so good on switch cause no one can aim for **** lmao

I’d be curious if the pro controller is a much better option. I’ll have to try mine out when I get home

It is still pretty fun though. Just reeeeally hard

I use a Pro controller and turned off the gyro scope features.

The drop to 30 FPS was jarring and annoying at first, but now I find it easier to use precision characters, especially Soldier.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
yup the pro controller is a must. tried going back to handheld even for one game and just couldn't do it. had to switch mid game

now that I've gotten used to it a bit I'm enjoying it a lot more than I was day one. that said some of the new players are soooo bad. but thats a two way street I suppose

I've been absolutely killing it with Winston on switch. I don't think I've played a DPS once yet. love playing tank

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
yup the pro controller is a must. tried going back to handheld even for one game and just couldn't do it. had to switch mid game

now that I've gotten used to it a bit I'm enjoying it a lot more than I was day one. that said some of the new players are soooo bad. but thats a two way street I suppose

I've been absolutely killing it with Winston on switch. I don't think I've played a DPS once yet. love playing tank

I agree, I struggled playing handheld but I picked a hero that didn’t need much aim (Brigette) and we ended up winning. It felt like I was 75% as good.

The new heroes are actually some of my favourite. Once you learn heroes like Wrecking Ball, Ashe, Baptiste, and Orisa it’s a blast.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I really don't understand needing a new game. (I know, money.)

I feel you.

Whenever these "live service" model multiplayer online games with their constant content updates release a sequel, it always feels a little....off.

That said, if this one features a full campaign, count me in. Otherwise, I'm good.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I guess the lootbox revenue is drying up.

I really hate that model, I enjoy Overwatch but I'm pretty sure the sequel will be far more aggressive with microtransactions than the first game was. It's amazing how well it works though, when I'm playing with friends it sometimes feels like they'll talk about skins for half the time we're playing. People love that ****, it's weird.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Hard to believe no posts in almost 6 months. Anyone still playing?

I think the game is in its best state maybe ever with role lock and the latest balancing patches

Not a huge fan of the hero pool addition, but I get it. I love playing Rein so this past weekend kind of sucked not getting to play my favorite character in comp for a week

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
still playing, not as much as I was a year or so ago, but that's probably for the best...

new hero teaser has me excited, hoping for Echo as a support

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
still playing, not as much as I was a year or so ago, but that's probably for the best...

new hero teaser has me excited, hoping for Echo as a support
Sorry to report, but Echo is confirmed as a DPS. She was released in the PTR yesterday :(

Kinda stupid of them to make her a DPS, considering that ALL of the lore relating to her pointed to her being a healer... She's sure to be nerfed before she's even released to the public.

Hard to believe no posts in almost 6 months. Anyone still playing?

I think the game is in its best state maybe ever with role lock and the latest balancing patches

Not a huge fan of the hero pool addition, but I get it. I love playing Rein so this past weekend kind of sucked not getting to play my favorite character in comp for a week
I've been playing a bit lately. I think it's generally quiet around here, but it seems the game itself is still pretty active.

I prefer to play quick play, as I'm not that experienced, and prefer to try to build my understanding of map dynamics and strategies for my mains. I've never tried the archive challenge missions, so I'm really having fun with those.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I still play it and along with Witcher 3 it's the only game I play atm. Been stuck at gold/plat on every role for a while now on ranked (mainly play tank) and don't see myself improving too much anymore so it's taking a little out of the experience. I found few friends and started stacking with them so it's been more fun lately. Recently been having most fun playing DPS/heal on quick play tho.

As for Echo, she seemed really OP in the beginning but watching OWL players playing it on friendly matches last weekend, she seemed pretty balanced. A little dmg number tweaks on the beam and sticky bombs and she'll be fine. Really strong damage but also very weak as in no defensive abilities nor CC. I would've liked a new support hero tho since I play more support than DPS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad