Overlooked American with CHL offer

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Unless I missed it (which is completely possible), I didn't see that you mentioned in what league the kid in question is currently playing. If it's not the USHL, why is that not an option? Surely any kid with OHL suitors could find a home in the USHL, and maintain NCAA eligibility. Trend is that most NCAA "Freshman" are 20yo+ anymore anyways.

Even Strength

Sep 25, 2015
Unless I missed it (which is completely possible), I didn't see that you mentioned in what league the kid in question is currently playing. If it's not the USHL, why is that not an option? Surely any kid with OHL suitors could find a home in the USHL, and maintain NCAA eligibility. Trend is that most NCAA "Freshman" are 20yo+ anymore anyways.

No, he's not in the USHL at this point but you are right he could go there and maintain NCAA eligibility. Whether to do that or go to CHL is really the whole point of the thread. Is the CHL bird in the hand with educational package preferable to the NCAA bird in the bush? And of course, I understand that the advice on this board is probably worth what it costs. Just wanted to gather as many perspectives as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad