overage players for 2016-2017 season

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Kingston Frontenacs Potential OAs

Frontenacs have indicated Billitier is returning, if any of the high end talent does return expect them to be traded to recoup the losses from the trades last year

Lammikko is gone, the Fronts stated they will draft in the import draft

Offence
Foegele, Warren
Verbeek, Ryan
Steege, Jared
Caron, Cody
Dal Colle, Michael
Lammikko, Juho
Watson, Spencer

Defence
Billitier, Nathan
McKeown, Roland
Brown, Graeme
Desrocher, Stephen

Mayday3*

Mcdade did play some game last season for the Gens and as far as Lofquist it was an over sight but thinking the same as you hope they will not have him back as the gens have 2 high euro picks.

Yeah he retired in the middle of February though because of injuries

Mayday3*

Kingston Frontenacs Potential OAs

Frontenacs have indicated Billitier is returning, if any of the high end talent does return expect them to be traded to recoup the losses from the trades last year

Lammikko is gone, the Fronts stated they will draft in the import draft

Offence
Foegele, Warren
Verbeek, Ryan
Steege, Jared
Caron, Cody
Dal Colle, Michael
Lammikko, Juho
Watson, Spencer

Defence
Billitier, Nathan
McKeown, Roland
Brown, Graeme
Desrocher, Stephen

Don't see any of Dal Colle/Watson/Foegele/Lammikko/McKeown coming back.

If Desrocher is back then Kingston has to give Oshawa a 2021 2nd and a 2019 3rd

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Mayday3, exactly, and this is why the Fronts have to trade anybody coming back that has value as they are looking at a struggling year ahead. This list plus the OAs represent 75% of the total scoring for the Fronts last year. The cupboard is bare so a restocking is in order.

There is one high end, high value player left and that is Crouse. If he doesn't make Florida.

Crouse is 38% of the scoring that is left, if you add his points to the lost list then that works out to 84% lost.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Potential OAs for Flint...

Francisco Vilardi (F)
Stephan Seeger (F)
Alex Peters (D)
Mathieu Henderson (D)
Vincent Scognamiglio (F)
Brent Moran (G)

Most are expecting Peters to be in the AHL. Scognamiglio didn't finish the season with the team, although they still hold his rights. Seeger was a mid-season FA pickup who only played a small role, so what you'll probably see is:

Vilardi
Henderson
Moran

I wouldn't mind seeing them trade the inconsistent Moran for some help in other areas and hand the starting job over to Kyle Keyser, though.

I would not be surprised to see Flint trade for an overage player who can contribute. Flint's list of OA's leave a bit to be desired.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Owen Sound's overage situation promises to be pretty interesting over the summer:

Daniel Dekoning (G)
Santino Centorame (D)
Thomas Schemitsch (D)
Justin Brack (F)
Jacob Busch (F)
Jaden Lindo (F)

Not including Sharipzyanov because he's an import, has an NHL contract, and cannot see a scenario where he plays OHL hockey next season.

As for the guys that are there, Dekoning is 100% gone and will likely be replaced by Riley Daniels (99).

The real question mark is Schemitsch. After a bit of a down year, and not needing to be signed by the Panthers this summer, he's a guy that could come back and has something to prove in junior. However, Centorame is already a lock to come back, and given the depth on the Attack blue line, Schemitsch could be move to shore up the offence. Otherwise the Attack will have a stellar overage pair next season.

The third spot is also tough. Lindo is not going to be signed by the Penguins so he's free, and while he had an okay season and showed flashes, the Attack could move on from him. He is however the only one of the three with any real upside and the potential to break out into a scorer as an OA. Busch and Brack both bring physical, responsible two-way play (I'd prefer Brack here), but really anything could happen.

If I were a betting man, the overagers in Owen Sound will look one of two ways in the fall:

1) Centorame
Schemitsch
Lindo

2)Centorame
Brack
Lindo

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Looks like some teams OA situations have changed with recent trades and signings. Looks like Jamieson will push Cummins out in Sudbury and that Salituro will not be back with Ottawa, any other recent developments out there?

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Jamieson
Schmalz
Cummins

out-Meyers

Cummins will be going no where. He is good friends with ownership. End of story!!!

WJ

inthehammer

Jul 20, 2005
Hamilton
Hamilton has:
  • Niki Petti
  • Michael Cramarossa
  • Brody Morris

Morris is going to struggle to make the team in the fall. Cramarossa hasn't confirmed he'll be back yet, but a lot of the players seem excited by the new coach so he'll likely return.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint has added OA C Everett Clark from Mississauga to the mix to go along with:

W Vilardi
D Henderson
G Moran

This is provided that Peters does not come back. In this scenario Vilardi or Moran could be the odd man out for Flint.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint has added OA C Everett Clark from Mississauga to the mix to go along with:

W Vilardi
D Henderson
G Moran

This is provided that Peters does not come back. In this scenario Vilardi or Moran could be the odd man out for Flint.

Flint traded Moran to North Bay today. That leaves:

* Vilardi (forward)
* Henderson (defenseman)
* Clark (forward)
* Peters (defenseman)

Peters is eligible to return as well, but could play in Europe or the AHL if a team comes calling. Update: Peters was at Firebirds functions over the weekend. I would be very surprised if Seeger is back with the number of first year and high draft pick players they want to evaluate.

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes still have an OA to trade...

Steve Lorentz - F
Kyle Jenkins - D
Brandon Prophet - D
Matt Mancina - G

Personally I think Mancina ends up in Erie or Mississauga...

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Petes still have an OA to trade...

Steve Lorentz - F
Kyle Jenkins - D
Brandon Prophet - D
Matt Mancina - G

Personally I think Mancina ends up in Erie or Mississauga...

That's a pretty solid list of OAs.
I thought NB would be in on Mancina. The price must be pretty steep considering only a few teams would be in the market for an excellent OA G. That leaves Miss. Maybe Hamilton IMO. Erie doesn't make much sense to me; a middle of the pack team that spent a lot of picks in the last few years. I must say it seems like they've drafted well, though.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
Missi has Leblanc, Walsh and Bourne.

Not sure if Bourne is coming back for an OA year or not.

I can see them moving Walsh or Leblanc and pick-up an OA G or F, defense is stacked.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
That's a pretty solid list of OAs.
I thought NB would be in on Mancina. The price must be pretty steep considering only a few teams would be in the market for an excellent OA G. That leaves Miss. Maybe Hamilton IMO. Erie doesn't make much sense to me; a middle of the pack team that spent a lot of picks in the last few years. I must say it seems like they've drafted well, though.

I doubt the Petes are actively shopping Matt Mancina at this time. If they trade him it will not be until they are confident that Dylan Wells can carry the load. Wells has not proven, to date that he is a number 1 goaltender. He struggled last season and the Petes will keep Mancina if he cannot carry the load.

Last edited:

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Now that Addison is gone and Salituro unlikely to return we have:
Middleton
Mallette
White

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I doubt the Petes are actively shopping Matt Mancina at this time. If they trade him it will not be until they are confident that Dylan Wells can carry the load. Wells has not proven, to date that he is a number 1 goaltender. He struggled last season and the Petes will keep Mancina if he cannot carry the load.

I think you're going to be very disappointed then. Your not taking into consideration the demands from both agents and the Oilers.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think you're going to be very disappointed then. Your not taking into consideration the demands from both agents and the Oilers.

Agreed.

The Petes are best suited to roll the dice on Wells and use that OA spot on an effective skater.

Although they may hold onto him until the deadline since you can carry 4 OA until then if I recall correctly.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002

Not to mention you're going to have to trade one of Jenkins/Prophet just so you can have a goalie battle.

Mancina wanted out of Guelph as an 18 year old to be a starter. He's not going to want to be in a goalie rotation as a 20 year old.

I wouldn't trade Mancina, the last two times they went into the season with unproven goaltending, they paid for it. But I fully expect it to happen.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

First off the agents and Oilers are not running the Petes. The Petes will do what best for them, even if that means trading Dylan Wells. If Wells cannot do the job they are not going to hand him the starting goaltending position and trade off Matt Mancina, to please his agent and the Oilers.

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Not to mention you're going to have to trade one of Jenkins/Prophet just so you can have a goalie battle.

Mancina wanted out of Guelph as an 18 year old to be a starter. He's not going to want to be in a goalie rotation as a 20 year old.

I wouldn't trade Mancina, the last two times they went into the season with unproven goaltending, they paid for it. But I fully expect it to happen.

Matt Mancina if he stays with the Petes will be the undisputed number 1. Dylan Wells will be traded. As I see it they will start the season with 4 overages. They will see if Dylan Wells can be an effective number 1 goaltender. They will rotate the 2 of them. They will decide early in the season who they will go with as the number 1 and trade the other.

Mayday3*

Matt Mancina if he stays with the Petes will be the undisputed number 1. Dylan Wells will be traded. As I see it they will start the season with 4 overages. They will see if Dylan Wells can be an effective number 1 goaltender. They will rotate the 2 of them. They will decide early in the season who they will go with as the number 1 and trade the other.

So under your theory, Scott Smith is the starting goalie of the Pets in 2017-2018? Because with what you're saying, Mancina and Wells will both be gone by then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad