overage players for 2016-2017 season

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Saginaw has Bennett and Hodgson as OA's. We need a skilled D-man. Depending on how guys fair in NHL camps not an abundance of 96's are available.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Lots of possibilities still but I would guess Anthony Stefano, Cordell James and Greg DiTomaso for the Colts.

Mayday3*

For Oshawa it'll be Brodeur, Renaud and Manchurek.

The only other options were Owen McDade (he retired) and Lukas Lofquist (Don't think they're having him back and will select twice in the upcoming Euro draft)

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Potential OAs for Flint...

Francisco Vilardi (F)
Stephan Seeger (F)
Alex Peters (D)
Mathieu Henderson (D)
Vincent Scognamiglio (F)
Brent Moran (G)

Most are expecting Peters to be in the AHL. Scognamiglio didn't finish the season with the team, although they still hold his rights. Seeger was a mid-season FA pickup who only played a small role, so what you'll probably see is:

Vilardi
Henderson
Moran

I wouldn't mind seeing them trade the inconsistent Moran for some help in other areas and hand the starting job over to Kyle Keyser, though.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
London's potential OA's

Dvorak
Yakimowicz
MacDonald
Heffernan
Bernhardt
Piccinich
Martenet
Jamieson

What you'll see

Yakimowicz
MacDonald
Jamieson
Martenet

one of Martenet and Jamieson will be moved...as well as Heffernan

Wonder is SSM pursues one of the 3 guys you list moving. I'd like Heffernan. We have open space for O/A

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
Potential OAs for SSM next year are:

Halverson ( Wont be back )
Mercier
MacIntyre

MacIntyre for sure will be back.

Halverson is not returning.

Mercier I can see them trading him.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Missy has

Clark
Bourne
Harrison
Muzito-Bagenda
Walsh
DeSousa
Leblanc

What I think we'll see

Clark
Bourne
LeBlanc

Could see us keeping DMB with his late season performance but that would take up an import and OA slot.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Sudbury potential returnees are Schmalz, Meyer and Cummins. They will likely be in the market for one or two OA's as Schmalz is the only one I can see returning.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
London's potential OA's

Dvorak
Yakimowicz
MacDonald
Heffernan
Bernhardt
Piccinich
Martenet
Jamieson

What you'll see

Yakimowicz
MacDonald
Jamieson
Martenet

one of Martenet and Jamieson will be moved...as well as Heffernan

I maybe in minority, but I think martinet moves on from the O

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hargrave and Harland for the Battalion.

I'd expect them to be in the market for a goalie.

OTownApologist

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, ON
For Ottawa:

Addison
Graham
Malette
Salituro
Falkovsky
Middleton
Herbst

Salituro and Addison are borderline locks for OA spots, I think Middleton moves on, and Malette gets moved.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
For Ottawa:

Addison
Graham
Malette
Salituro
Falkovsky
Middleton
Herbst

Salituro and Addison are borderline locks for OA spots, I think Middleton moves on, and Malette gets moved.
Doubtful we keep Herbst. You don't keep a 20 y.o. to be a backup. If wecdon't get Midds back we keep Malette, great kid and leader. Besides we've got a very good young goalie (Lafreniere) that needs to come up so we can groom him behind Lazarev. I wonder who in the league would be interested in Herbst? He's a great kid and would love him to get a chance to be the guy somewhere but it won't be here imo.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
If Martenet moves on I think you'll see Heff as the odd man out.

I may be even more in the minority but I really see value in what Heff brings to the table and you can probably get good value in younger players from both Martinet and Jamieson ( assuming Martinet is back in the O ) without comprising the quality of our D much.

I may be even more in the minority but I really see value in what Heff brings to the table and you can probably get good value in younger players from both Martinet and Jamieson ( assuming Martinet is back in the O ) without comprising the quality of our D much.

You're definitely not in the minority with me...I love what Heff has brought to this team since he was acquired. Of the 4 mentioned for potential OA's if Martenet moves on I just don't see the Knights using all 3 OA spots on forwards which is why Heffernan would likely be the odd man out. If Martenet returns and we have 5 potential OA's I still see Heffernan moving as well as Jamieson.

Omac
Yak
Martenet

would be the odds on favs as the 3 OA's in the event all come back

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
As for the Generals OA situation:
Brodeur (G) -can't see him being 1 of the OA's, maybe to start the season and depending on how he starts the season could be traded but no great return.
Manchurek (F) can see him being an OA
Renaud (F) Also can see him being an OA
McDade (F) I hope he is not an OA

As I think the Gens are going to be better than last season I think they are still building for 2017 season so I think there will be some tinkering to the line up. ;)

Mayday3*

As for the Generals OA situation:
Brodeur (G) -can't see him being 1 of the OA's, maybe to start the season and depending on how he starts the season could be traded but no great return.
Manchurek (F) can see him being an OA
Renaud (F) Also can see him being an OA
McDade (F) I hope he is not an OA

As I think the Gens are going to be better than last season I think they are still building for 2017 season so I think there will be some tinkering to the line up. ;)

He retired from junior hockey last year. You also left off Lofquist, who could be an OA but they likely will not have him back and they will select twice in the Euro draft, as I stated above

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Mcdade did play some game last season for the Gens and as far as Lofquist it was an over sight but thinking the same as you hope they will not have him back as the gens have 2 high euro picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad