overage players for 2016-2017 season

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
So under your theory, Scott Smith is the starting goalie of the Pets in 2017-2018? Because with what you're saying, Mancina and Wells will both be gone by then

If Wells cannot carry the load this coming season when I doubt he will be able to next season. I hope he come in this season and the number 1 goaltender. He has the the talent, but has not been able to translate it on the ice. If he cannot carry the load we need to keep Matt Mancina and trade Dylan Wells. We then would need to trade for a backup.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If Wells cannot carry the load this coming season when I doubt he will be able to next season. I hope he come in this season and the number 1 goaltender. He has the the talent, but has not been able to translate it on the ice. If he cannot carry the load we need to keep Matt Mancina and trade Dylan Wells. We then would need to trade for a backup.

I wouldn't bet on Wells being traded.

You don't trade an NHL-drafted goaltender over with three potential years of junior eligibility left over an overager.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I wouldn't bet on Wells being traded.

You don't trade an NHL-drafted goaltender over with three potential years of junior eligibility left over an overager.

Unless that OA G is real good, plays on a decent team with more available picks than can be tracked, and play in a wide open division. Hamilton is a team on the rise, the Petes might want to capitalize on a window of opportunity. (Miss & NB are the early current conference favourites, IMO)

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Unless that OA G is real good, plays on a decent team with more available picks than can be tracked, and play in a wide open division. Hamilton is a team on the rise, the Petes might want to capitalize on a window of opportunity. (Miss & NB are the early current conference favourites, IMO)

Who's gunna score for NB? Amadio and Santos both gone.

I think Oshawa is a bigger threat then them.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Who's gunna score for NB? Amadio and Santos both gone.

I think Oshawa is a bigger threat then them.

I've wondered who'd score for the battalion many times; someone always steps up. They'll get a lot of offence from their D.
I may be wrong; but, I see Oshawa as being 5th or 6th and trading vets at the deadline.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

The conference is currently Missy's to lose.

And like I said earlier. They can run both up to the deadline, which is plenty of time for Wells to get his feet wet. I think with a pro camp under his belt, you'll see a new player.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack's OA situation fairly good for 2016/17 season Centorame seems to be prepared to suit up for the Sound for last years Captin' who posted 41pts in 67 contests last year, Schemmer followed with 31 in 51 the really questions will be a toss up between Lindo who finished last year with 30pts in 67 and Brack with 24pts in 67 being that Schemmer and Centorame are both D-men with all but one are expected to return to the club that shores up the Sound's blueline Lindo and Brack will be up for debate around the camps circles this year and with Schemmer just starting to get back to 100%, Diggs has some big decisions when the season starts with the OA's and what the team will look like as the season moves forward. McGill seems to like skilled and fast moving skaters who cycle the puck around the offensive zone and creates offensive on the rush so will big ???'s which one of Lindo,Brack and Schemmer who's has the most skilled and show's the most offensively talented in camp this year

The thought bubbles are brewing

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Attack's OA situation fairly good for 2016/17 season Centorame seems to be prepared to suit up for the Sound for last years Captin' who posted 41pts in 67 contests last year, Schemmer followed with 31 in 51 the really questions will be a toss up between Lindo who finished last year with 30pts in 67 and Brack with 24pts in 67 being that Schemmer and Centorame are both D-men with all but one are expected to return to the club that shores up the Sound's blueline Lindo and Brack will be up for debate around the camps circles this year and with Schemmer just starting to get back to 100%, Diggs has some big decisions when the season starts with the OA's and what the team will look like as the season moves forward. McGill seems to like skilled and fast moving skaters who cycle the puck around the offensive zone and creates offensive on the rush so will big ???'s which one of Lindo,Brack and Schemmer who's has the most skilled and show's the most offensively talented in camp this year

The thought bubbles are brewing

Didn't you guys trade for Schmalz?

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Hamilton has:
  • Niki Petti
  • Michael Cramarossa
  • Brody Morris

Morris is going to struggle to make the team in the fall. Cramarossa hasn't confirmed he'll be back yet, but a lot of the players seem excited by the new coach so he'll likely return.

Yeah, there is no question that Petti will be back and if Cram still wants to come back, he'll be more then welcome.

Not sure what will happen with Morris.

Mayday3*

I doubt the Petes are actively shopping Matt Mancina at this time. If they trade him it will not be until they are confident that Dylan Wells can carry the load. Wells has not proven, to date that he is a number 1 goaltender. He struggled last season and the Petes will keep Mancina if he cannot carry the load.

Mancina was just traded for only a 3rd in 2017. It's Wells crease

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound

We did. Brack is out with a knee injury. Recent news articles seem to point to likely only 1 OA defenseman sticking around and I would guess Schemitsch will be on the move. Lindo may get moved as well if he doesn't light it up and we want our younger forwards to get time.

It's Centorame and Schmalz for sure. They could deal Lindo and Schemitsch and then have Brack in when he returns from injury.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Schmalz added from Wolves this brings OS OA situation up to 4 expected to rotate between Brack, Centorame, Schemitsch and Schmaltz and Lindo. With Brack on the shelf do to circumstances in the off season Schmaltz was added to some more offensive flare and skill up front

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad