Ovechkin shows why he is # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

how the hell did this turn into a *****fest?

2 goals in your NHL debut is impressive.

Claypool_*

Leafsin2006 said:
It's a joke how their giving little media attention Ovechkin, when he is clearly the better player as of now.

k

JoeLH

Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
Ovechkin has more talent than Fritsche by far. He is on the same rage as Crosby and two yrs. older. So probably the Calder Trophy is waiting for him ... bad for such an impact player like "Sid the Kid", but absolutely fair ...

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I watched the Sens- Leafs games but they showed a highlight from Washington of Ovechkin at the start of the game just nail a guy with a clean hit into the boards and they had to come out and change the glass! :bow: It must have only been his first or second shift. And then those 2 sweet goals. What a quick shot.

He is going to be a great player. What an awesome first game. :clap:

chum

Feb 27, 2002
ya, i think whomever that said "omg it is only first game" is pathetic. you gotta give credit when credit is due.

2 goals in first game is pretty impressive. this is not a guy who came out of nowhere and scored 2 goals on his first name. this is a guy who was a 1st overall pick and expected to score goals and scored 2 goals in his first game (along with a few more in the pre season). he deserves some credit.

gj ovechkin for scoring 2 goals
gj crosby for getting 1 assist

good starts for both. (btw, not really a huge fan of either. though i did expect crosby to have more success)

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
RallyKiller said:
2 goals in your NHL debut is impressive.
Ov's demeanor throught this game was the most impressive thing about him. He was 100% into it. His hit 40 seconds into the game was something else.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Ovechkin is a monster... the overall game is even more impressive than the scoresheet. An Ilya Kovalchuk, Sashan Ovechkin and Rick Nash race for the Maurice Richard trophy would be exceptionnal for the NHL.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
It's been a long time since a rookie has stepped in and immediately been a game breaking superstar, and Ovechkin is just that. He deserves all the credit he gets, he is truly an outstanding talent and so exciting to watch. He's one of the many reasons I love the new NHL.

Shelley#45

Aug 2, 2005
Slick Nick said:
Ovechkin is a monster... the overall game is even more impressive than the scoresheet.
Indeed. Im impressed with how physical he was, seemed to throw his body around everywhere. What a stud

espo*

Here come the Russian fans.The only good players are from the land of the bear,Forsberg is over-rated and Victor Kozlov makes Maurice Richard look like Chris Kontos.

God,they are great.Ego,ego,ego...................like it's on steroids.Andro-ego.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Beatnik said:
I like Ovy reaction after his second goal pointing to his teammate who made a great pass.

That's what I would like to see more. Players respecting and giving credit to their teammates. Great job by Ovy.

I've never seen Ilya doing that.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
cyclops said:
Here come the Russian fans.The only good players are from the land of the bear,Forsberg is over-rated and Victor Kozlov makes Maurice Richard look like Chris Kontos.

God,they are great.Ego,ego,ego...................like it's on steroids.Andro-ego.

Why don't you go suck on a maple leaf...

For god's sake, the kid has been phenomenal since he started in the NHL. Even more, he lost his superstar attitude (!) which I hated, as pretty much every russian/non-russian fan. The kid is great, really...

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
cyclops said:

Yeah easy there major homer. I'm sure if you had the chance you'd suck on Crosby's toes. Give him credit he had a wikid game all around. So did Crosby he played really good too just that Brodeur is a machine. I expect a lot from both these young guys.

I am really excited about Ovechkin's unselfinshess and that he's not a huge hot dog (something that is stereotypical of most russians and europeens in general).

bure94

I loathe both Crosby and Ovenchicken, because they are hyped like mad and they aren't on the Canucks; but

Crosby was unimpressive in his Pens debut.

Ovechkin was just wow, he was a force out there.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i dont really care about who is better than who, but i will say after watching everything possible tonight....alex was a stud. he was dominant. he was a constant threat, he will score a ton of goals even on a sad team. not that i think he is better, but i wouldnt be surprised to see him outcore syd and get r.o.t.y.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Slick Nick said:
Why don't you go suck on a maple leaf...

For god's sake, the kid has been phenomenal since he started in the NHL. Even more, he lost his superstar attitude (!) which I hated, as pretty much every russian/non-russian fan. The kid is great, really...
Well said :handclap:. I too didn't like his superstar attitude and it looks like being in the NHL has humbled him. Bravo to him, he is indeed GREAT :bow:.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Canuck21t said:
Well said :handclap:. I too didn't like his superstar attitude and it looks like being in the NHL has humbled him. Bravo to him, he is indeed GREAT :bow:.

Thumbs up to Edna Mode.

Ovechkin is my new hero. It's not his game as much as his attitude. He's plays every aspect of the game well: he hits, he scores, he passes, he plays defense, he skates incredibly hard every shift. But most impressive is the way he carries himself. He's a class act. He loves playing hockey. He's found his calling. We should all be so happy.

As for Crosby, he is being put in a nearly impossible position. The media (esp. in Canada) is trying to will him into being the next Gretzky and who can possibly equal Gretzky? I wish the kid well but I'm afraid he's getting set up to fall short of expectations.

AgentNaslund*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Parise>Ovechkin? Hah!

well if your judging by one nHL game, then I do same. Parise has 3 pts in his NHL debut.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
monster_bertuzzi said:
Ovechkin>Crosby

The media is making a bush mistake ignoring Ovechkin and comparing Crosby to Lemieux and Gretzky.

It'll probably be a blessing in disguise for Ovechkin, bc in the end I can't find anything about Crosby's game outside of his dialect that makes him that much more valuable to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad