Ovechkin milestone thread - 850 and Beyond!

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If you're Ovi at the red line and you have an empty net and the guy on the other side of the D man is Connor McMichael, you shoot 100% of the time.
OV does yep. And did......and missed.....instead of giving his teammate a break away on an open net.
Boston then had a good screen shot to tie it. lol

Seriously? How many Caps games have you watched this year?
if he's got a life ......none. The Caps have been ass.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
OV does yep. And did......and missed.....instead of giving his teammate a break away on an open net.

Give it up man... your argument doesn't convince anyone. He would've had to sauce the puck over the D's stick or put it ahead of CMM hoping he can skate into a pass. The simplest option is to shoot, and he barely missed.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
He rarely misses these shots. That’s why he has scored 850+ goals in his career.

And if someone was in a MUCH better position, he would have definitely passed. But only people who watch a LOT of Caps games would know this ;)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He rarely misses these shots. That’s why he has scored 850+ goals in his career.

And if someone was in a MUCH better position, he would have definitely passed. But only people who watch a LOT of Caps games would know this ;)
....it was an easy pass and his team mate is on a break away .....OV tries the 170 ft shot and misses.
no bid deal......and no need for you to bull shit about the play.
Ha!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zuluss

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006

if he's got a life ......none. The Caps have been ass.
He is not a Caps fan. And neither are you.

If someone has a life (a fulfilling one, that is), this person wouldn’t waste his time by going out of his way to leave negative comments about a player/team he doesn’t follow.

....it was an easy pass and his team mate is on a break away .....OV tries the 170 ft shot and misses.
no bid deal......and no need for you to bull shit about the play and trash McMichael at the same time.
Ha!
Did I even mention CMM?

There is no need to put words in my mouth.

Reactions: PM88RU and M2Beezy

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

If someone has a life (a fulfilling one, that is), this person wouldn’t waste his time by going out of his way to leave negative comments about a player/team he doesn’t follow.
it was on sports show ( Cooley SiriusXFM)
I was listening to. They obviously thought it comment worthy.
But you feel free to keep grading our posts coach.

cheers

Did I even mention CMM?

There is no need to put words in my mouth.
my bad. apologies.
wrong poster.
that was the other guy.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
it was on sports show ( Cooley SiriusXFM)
I was listening to. They obviously thought it comment worthy.
But you feel free to keep grading our posts coach.

cheers

my bad. apologies.
wrong poster.
that was the other guy.
No worries.

Reactions: PaulD

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
With Ovi's goal tonight - he finished his 38 year old season with the SECOND most goals by a 38 year old all-time, and the 10th most points by a 38 year-old all-time.

Considering how badly his first half went, this is truly remarkable.

ALSO - someone correct me if I'm wrong, but he officially lead the team in goals this year, continuing his streak of leading the Caps in goals every single season of his career.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Ovechkin is old, he cannot tilt the ice like he once could. The Capitals traded away what little known talent they had left over the past two seasons to acquire draft picks and cap space.

And yet, a surge of 22 goals in the final 35 games along with help from Dylan Strome has the Capitals in the playoffs.

Regardless of the clear fact that the final four teams competing are all severely flawed it is still an impressive accomplishment. They needed all 22 of those goals to get into the dance.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
You know, when half of y'all's posts are fishing for dissenters by openly talking about the "haters", you can't act surprised or complain when folks take your bait.

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

kugelbahn

Feb 15, 2018
OV enters playoffs tied 15th all-time in playoff goals with 72.
Will be tied 13th with 1 more goal, needs 4 goals to tie Mario for 12th all-time.

1713321410659.png

Last edited:

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Ovechkin has led his team in goals 9 times in the playoffs. That ties him for 1st place all-time. If he leads the Caps this spring, that will give him sole possession of 1st:

Alex Ovechkin9
Brett Hull9
Patrick Marleau9
Bobby Hull8
Maurice Richard8
Zach Parise8
Gordie Howe7
Jean Beliveau7
Joe Sakic7
Steve Yzerman7

Ovechkin has also led his team in points in the playoffs nine times (tied for 3rd most all time). If he leads the Caps again, he'll be tied for second (behind only Gretzky, and tied with Howe):

Wayne Gretzky14
Gordie Howe10
Adam Oates9
Alex Ovechkin9
Ryan Getzlaf9
Steve Yzerman9
Dale Hawerchuk8
Denis Savard8
Doug Gilmour8
Joe Sakic8
Patrick Kane8
Sergei Fedorov8

kugelbahn

Feb 15, 2018
Active players with 15 career postseasons:
Crosby, Malkin, Pavelski, Perry.
OV, Suter and Parise need to play a playoff game to join them.
Pavelski and Perry need to play a playoff game to have 16.

Reactions: Randyne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad