GDT: Outsider Wishing NJD Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Did we really only have 1 win in the last 12 against them at home?

Have we really played them 13 times at home since the 2011 finale? Because that was a win, as was Marty's last game in the 2014 finale.

I know for sure we had lost 9 of the last 10 to them at home going in. Beyond that I don't know.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
2_zpsk5kfbf2y.gif

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm more happy that we get another GDT from our visitor :laugh:

Someone should probably tell him we're expecting one though

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I'd be thrilled to be wrong about Boosh, he looks like a completely different player. And I'm not just saying that because of the points. He's skating better, winning puck battles and showing some vision. The shot was always there but the overall improvement is fantastic. Hynes' background in player development has me even more excited about the next wave of prospects.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know for sure we had lost 9 of the last 10 to them at home going in. Beyond that I don't know.

Well we played them twice at home this season, which means we played them just once at home last season. And I think we played them twice at home the season before.

And before that with the old format, we played non-division Eastern Conference teams two times a piece at home and on the road. But with the lockout, we might have only played them 3 times.

2 back in 11-12, brings us up to 8. And then the last game of 10-11 would be the 9th game if I'm right. So we had two wins before that in 9 games, unless I counted wrong.

Both were season finale's in 2011 and 2014.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This game is payback for the game he started the monster scrub against us in December, in a non back to back situation and we couldn't score more than one goal on 30 shots against him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boucher's been great since Hynes put him on a line with good players and PP1.
Yes he has. Too bad we don't have anyone good to play with Blandisi also. He is on a miserable drought and you can't expect much out of him with Sislo and Kalinin.
42 points in 69 games for Travis Zajac now, by the way

Yeah but didn't you hear he just matched his career high in power play goals tonight? So it's unsustainable!:sarcasm:

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Larsson saved a goal in the 3rd when Beleskey had what looked like a tap in off a rebound. He tied up Beleskey's stick just enough which forced the shot into Kinky's pads.

And, yes, Boucher is playing very well. He has some nice chemistry with Zajac which is great to see!

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I'd be thrilled to be wrong about Boosh, he looks like a completely different player. And I'm not just saying that because of the points. He's skating better, winning puck battles and showing some vision. The shot was always there but the overall improvement is fantastic. Hynes' background in player development has me even more excited about the next wave of prospects.

The combination of Hynes in NJ and Kowalsky in Albany has me extremely excited. Boucher took on a whole new form this season. He was a force in Albany and I think that's exactly what he needed to help improve his game here.

Despite what anybody else (outside of this board) may say, we have a bright future if we continue along this path we've set ourselves on

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Boucher seems to be the first player that Travis has looked comfortable playing with since Parise

jagr?

im glad for the season travis is having production is proving me wrong. hope next season he and boucher will be able to translate it 5v5 production as well.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
jagr?

im glad for the season travis is having production is proving me wrong. hope next season he and boucher will be able to translate it 5v5 production as well.

Maybe, but I think Jagr was more of a balanced player. I don't think Travis is a finisher, though he could be if he would shoot more. Boucher is more of a finisher than a playmaker, so maybe Travis knows his role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad