Out of Town thread part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It should have been compounded with letting Armia walk and not signing Hoffman but alas.. Bergevin.

Bergy and his big brain 4D chess moves. Makes the right call (letting Danault walk), then proceeds to extend Armia and sign Hoffman, as well as losing KK. The last one I suppose would not had been so bad had he not immediately flipped the compensation+ for Dvorak.

Anyhow, past is the past, but wow, this guy...

Jul 6, 2016
Yeah, the obsession is a little much. Would he help? Sure, he'd help keep us in no man's land during a rebuild, which wouldn't really be a rebuild because we'd be stuck drafting 12-15 for the next 6 years.
12-15 gives you Caufield and Guhle.... Even further gives you Pastrnak !! What is the f***ing obsessions about first picks.... We had great examples in MTL with KK and Galchy and Slaf is far from being a franchise pillar.

Ridiculous !

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Awesome news, Tocchet is a players coach that means Van will likely show short term rebound which is good for Habs looking to get rid of competition for maintain for improving on bottom-6 standings

Pool-party?

I imagine Foegele goes on waivers. Foegele makes $2.75m and has been a healthy scratch lately. Oilers can also put Murray on LTIR.

That should do it.

zeeto

Oct 28, 2011
Endwell, NY
Statistically, he’s still around his career average PPG I think. I don’t watch their games so maybe his on-ice performance and effort hasn’t been great?
He's basically the same player he's been and has been playing well lately, but with Backstrom back they're pretty flush with C's and he was just the one rotated out for this game.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
McJesus is silently low profile having a legendary season. Not sure why i keep hearing about Thompson and Robertson more than him in the news. I've always been of the opinion that what Lemieux and Gretzky did was doable again (sort of) and the reason nobody scored in the late 90ies and early 2k is because there was not enough skills in the league which favoured defensive systems and slow/big players.

While the league took actions to increase scoring what McJesus is doing is not only because of that. He's simply significantly more skilled than the late 90ies and early 2k players. I mean i have mad respect for Martin St Louis but when he's the best scorer in the league with 94 points something is wrong. It was not even his best season when he finished first scorer in 2003-2004 it was his 3rd best season. Since Crosby and Ovy came into the league in the middle of the 2k scoring has increased.

With the addition of God himself next draft you wont stop those offense with systems you'll need to score goals, lot of goals. It's a good time to be a fan of hockey i'm glad young fans can witness that.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Well I’m glad Provorov’s game has gone downhill because he’s apparently a piece of garbage.
I honestly was going to say he fits our timeline and would be a decent buy low-candidate; but no interest in bringing these types of people into Montreal. This kind of stuff has already died with non-boomer generations in developed western nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad