Out of Town thread part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
All he said was: “I respect everybody’s choices,” Provorov said after the game. “My choice is to stay true to myself and my religion. That’s all I’m going to say.”

You're threaten by these comments? Seems pretty classy to me.
He clearly doesn’t respect everybody’s choices by the gesture he made.

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Freedom of choice is not freedom from consequences. Provorov chose to take the low road and out his homophobic beliefs. He will be called homophobic for the rest of his career and he doesn't deserve less to be honest. Imagine sitting out of the teddy bear drive for 'personal beliefs'. On a night dedicated to inclusiveness, what a joke Provorov has made the NHL.

No, freedom is freedom. You shouldn't force anybody to do anything period. The best example of this was in an episode of Seinfeld. Kramer was part of a march to support cause. And in the march there were buttons to support the cause. The organizer was like "hey Kramer, why don't you wear the button?" Kramer was like "cause I don't want to". The guy was pissed and wanted him to wear the button and was wondering why he didn't want to. And Kramer was like "I'm here, am I not? I support the cause. But I don't want to wear a button". Respect each other's freedom.

He clearly doesn’t respect everybody’s choices by the gesture he made.

As far as I know he did not go on a compaign the prevent gay rights. He just didn't want to wear the colors. That's it.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
No freedom is freedom. You shouldn't force anybody to do anything period. The best example of this was in an episode of Seinfeld. Kramer was part of a march to support cause. And in the march there were buttons to support the cause. The organizer was like "hey Kramer, why don't you wear the button?" Kramer was like "cause I don't want to". The guy was pissed and wanted him to wear the button and was wondering why he didn't want to. And Kramer was like "I'm here, am I not? I support the cause. But I don't want to wear a button". Respect each other's freedom.
When you say the best example is in an episode of Seinfeld, you know you’re just spinning around a clueless argument.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I kind of see it the same way people use to believe blacks were less than whites and shouldn't mix, or that women shouldn't be able to vote. Today's issues are non hetero sexual identification. There will always be people who are against it. Eventually, hopefully, those people fall in the minority and become just noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad