Out of Town Thread: Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Avs gets Meyers? That's funny....Where in the world does the kid think he fits?
Avs needs to resign MacKinnon after the next season. They will also likely need to replace or sign Kadri. There likely wont be enough money left for Burakovsky and/or Nichushkin. They pretty much have their entire offense minus Rantanen and Landeskog to resign in the next 2 seasons ... they'll need elc. It's a good grab for them.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Avs needs to resign MacKinnon after the next season. They will also likely need to replace or sign Kadri. There likely wont be enough money left for Burakovsky and/or Nichushkin. They pretty much have their entire offense minus Rantanen and Landeskog to resign in the next 2 seasons ... they'll need elc. It's a good grab for them.

Still...there was, or so we hear, a lot of interest, with other teams having way more openings than the AVS.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Man, it feels like Canada's hockey domination is going to come to an end at the hands of the Americans really really fast... That's kind of sad. :(

I guess we dug our own grave with our outdated youth development systems compared to what the US is doing... I hope we wake up.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
They really did tanking right (Mackinon, Landeskog, Rantanen, Makar, and Duchene - who became Byram), finishing bottom of the league many years over a long period of time.
And still haven't won anything

Reactions: angusyoung

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Man, it feels like Canada's hockey domination is going to come to an end at the hands of the Americans really really fast... That's kind of sad. :(

I guess we dug our own grave with our outdated youth development systems compared to what the US is doing... I hope we wake up.
Doesn't feel like that at all to me.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Doesn't feel like that at all to me.

Maybe it's just recency bias affecting my point of view, but they have sooooo many amazing players coming out of the pipelines recently.

Mind you, I don't follow non Habs hockey much especially compared to most people here, so I may be wrong! (I hope I am).

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Maybe it's just recency bias affecting my point of view, but they have sooooo many amazing players coming out of the pipelines recently.

Mind you, I don't follow non Habs hockey much especially compared to most people here, so I may be wrong! (I hope I am).
Every country had to catch up in terms of talent/development and when you throw in the money the Americans invest in their sporting programs, it happens much quicker than most.

They've made great strides, which is good for the game.

Reactions: Licou

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Like if their window would be about to close rofl man this board ...
You can tank and get great players all you want but if you don't win anything, it's gotta be a disappointment.

Nobody said anything about their window closing as it's their time right now and for the next few years. Man this board ;)

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

The habs jersey in the crowd of a Panthers v. Ducks game cracks me up everytime lol
The habs and yankees are the only teams I see this happen to
You'll watch a Boston vs Calgary game and you'll spot a habs jersey
You can watch red sox vs blue Jay's and see a yankees cap lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad