HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Not what one expects but what if he bounces back? He can’t possibly be accepting of how he’s performed so far this season.
It’s a crazy underperformance, he’s in his prime. This is not a good look for him at all with the baggage.

We dodged one, and I was for bringing him in if the price was ok. The price was not ok at all though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well Larouche also had committment issues. He was a lazy player who was forever in Bowman's doghouse. I don't recall Al Arbour ever having issues with Bossy's work ethic.

They turned a 5-1 lead into a 5-4 lead. They are still fragile.
Yes but they beat a legitimate team. They aren't perfect and I am not sold on their goaltending but they have been good in recent weeks, perhaps they are better minus Marner

Reactions: Nashy

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Yes but they beat a legitimate team. They aren't perfect and I am not sold on their goaltending but they have been good in recent weeks, perhaps they are better minus Marner
Or are they better missing Reilly? They've won a lot of games with him not in the lineup as well.

Reactions: Tyson

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Damn, Pens score 5 on Jake Allen in 3rd period to overcome a 3-1 deficit and win 6-3. Pens only has 20 shots all game! 15 saves by Jake the Snake.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'm glad afterall the Habs didn't take Jordan Dumais. The guy checked out on his team in the middle of the playoffs.

.... and the DUI.
Give me a few details of what happened…

I wonder if amazon canada would get those games? or just usa
As far as I’m aware, Rogers owns the national broadcasting rights to the Canadian market audience.

ESPN owns the US ones.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I know we discuss this seemingly every year, but I think this is the year the Quebec talent in the in NHL is the saddest I've ever seen, it's now at a concerning level. Bergeron leaving left a hole in what was already a bleak situation. It's shallow at every position too, and the top "talent" pales in comparison to other regions of the world.
Marchessault is a gamer though, love him, motherf***ing reigning Conn Smythe recipient. But after him....

Forwards : Huberdeau has fallen off a cliff. Lafrenière, frankly, is a deception. He's a top-6 player but not the franchise winger I and many thought he was.

Defensemen : Chabot was trending so well in the beginning of his career but seems like he plateaued at some point. I guess he's a number one. That's it I think. Am I forgetting someone? Is there really no one else? Matheson lol?

Goalies : Fleury is geriatric, although still pretty good. Crazy that Montembeault could legit be a goalie for Canada in the next Olympics, and that's cool for him, he's taken a huge step, but it's more by default because canadian goaltending talent in general is a joke. Anyways. No quebecois star here either.

So... what's up? Are there QC prospects or draft eligible players who could seriously become a star F, D or G in the next few years or is it really over?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I know we discuss this seemingly every year, but I think this is the year the Quebec talent in the in NHL is the saddest I've ever seen, it's now at a concerning level. Bergeron leaving left a hole in what was already a bleak situation. It's shallow at every position too, and the top "talent" pales in comparison to other regions of the world.
Marchessault is a gamer though, love him, motherf***ing reigning Conn Smythe recipient. But after him....

Forwards : Huberdeau has fallen off a cliff. Lafrenière, frankly, is a deception. He's a top-6 player but not the franchise winger I and many thought he was.

Defensemen : Chabot was trending so well in the beginning of his career but seems like he plateaued at some point. I guess he's a number one. That's it I think. Am I forgetting someone? Is there really no one else? Matheson lol?

Goalies : Fleury is geriatric, although still pretty good. Crazy that Montembeault could legit be a goalie for Canada in the next Olympics, and that's cool for him, he's taken a huge step, but it's more by default because canadian goaltending talent in general is a joke. Anyways. No quebecois star here either.

So... what's up? Are there QC prospects or draft eligible players who could seriously become a star F, D or G in the next few years or is it really over?
Habs have two great goalies and we’ve got Joshua Roy… at least Montreal has those guys.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Habs have two great goalies and we’ve got Joshua Roy… at least Montreal has those guys.
I know, I consider these guys very good players and I'm happy to have them, and there's a bunch of Quebecois that are having decent careers here and there in the league, but no one is in the, say, top-10 players at their position.

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
No one like him. Best presser material bar none — he’s so genuine and passionate, takes no prisoners, has no filter. As old school as it gets.
I totally agree. I know coaching has changed over the years. Torts reminds me of the coaches I had when I was younger. They were the type that would chew you out at the drop of a hat. But were also there to support you when you needed it.

There was one time when I was younger. I was a bit of a hotdog. So I felt I didn't have to listen to the coaching staff. So in the middle of one of our practices. The coach blows the whistle and has us all come to center ice.

My coach turns to me and says "So, you think you're above the rest of the team and you don't need any coaching?" I replied back with a smartass tone "I don't think there is anything you can teach me".

Big mistake lol The coach says, "You know, you might be right". He blows the whistle again and one of our assistant coaches came out holding this ridiculously big Princess crown. He made me wear it, as I sat on the bench for the rest of practice. I was so embarassed, since my parents and some relatives were there to witness this. That I never EVER challenged a coach and did whatever I was told. lol

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

Good on Marchessault to be where he is today but that’s kind of pathetic for Quebec hockey. He was never touted as a future superstar like Lafreniere or Roy were. He was a 14th round pick by the Quebec Remparts in his 2nd year of eligibility at the QMJHL Draft and he was a free agent signing at 20 by the Rangers’s AHL club.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Pittsburgh & NYI have put themselves back in the playoff picture. East race for WC spots & Metro #3 has gotten interesting.
Philly held on longer than I expected them to but I still think they fall out.

Buffalo has a very outside chance at WC2 if they can go 6-0 and none of the other teams play above .500. 5 points back is a lot for 7 games though. Detroit's season will definitely be on the line for their back-to-back against us.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad