Out Of Town Scoreboard VIII Getting to watch others work toward the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They still haven't reached 50 points. It's a laughable joke.

And don't look now but the Leafs tank is also still marching on. Only 5 and 6 points ahead of Edmonton and Arizona.

Leafs are the team I want the tanking to backfire the most for.

Speaking of which, lol at the bottom three

CBElyo6UYAAfmeV.jpg:large

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's DOUBLY bad to be that bad in plus-minus with 50-point seasons...you'd think of guys being -35 as stay-at-home defensemen on bad teams like Gorges or bad one-way players who aren't scoring like Yak. Or Ovechkin last year, which was one of the most bizarre seasons ever.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
One of these teams is bowing out to LAK. It WILL happen. I feel like DD with the guarantees of the Rangers winning the SCF last year.:laugh:

I don't know who I'd rather fall out more. Winnipeg or Calgary.

Can't stand either fanbase. If you guys think that Islanders fanbase has an ego, just check out some of the Jets and Flames talk over on the mainboard. ''You must not have watched much of the Jets (or Flames if it's one of their fans talking) this season, they're really gonna surprise people in the playoffs)

I think the Flames might be the luckier team though. Winnipeg is actually getting much better goaltending than they did the past several years. Their goaltending probably made them much worse than they really were these last couple years. And Claude Noel as a head coach was very suspect. They've been good ever since Paul Maurice was hired, it didn't just start this season. Calgary gets outplayed badly almost every game. I also don't wanna see king of the windshield assembly line get the Jack Adams Trophy. Still laughing at how all the Thrashers players (Holik namely) talked a bunch of **** about him after his time coaching with the Thrashers, saying he wasn't fit to coach an NHL team.

I keep double-checking the West to see if anyone ELSE can possibly fall out of a playoff spot, cause none of the Jets, Flames or Kings want to die. Maybe the Nucks or Wild if they fall down an elevator shaft? Probably unlikely though.

Calgary's got a long road trip coming up though, I think they're the team of those three to fall out but they're like a cochroach you can't quite kill off.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I keep double-checking the West to see if anyone ELSE can possibly fall out of a playoff spot, cause none of the Jets, Flames or Kings want to die. Maybe the Nucks or Wild if they fall down an elevator shaft? Probably unlikely though.

Calgary's got a long road trip coming up though, I think they're the team of those three to fall out but they're like a cochroach you can't quite kill off.

The west is so hard to figure out.

Hell now you have Dallas making a push. To little to late but still. I honestly can't figure who comes out of the west this year.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I would argue a lot has to do with the disaster that is post Carlyle Toronto.

I would still take JVR.

JVR would be better than Kessel or Eberle. Don't want Kessel at all for what we'd probably have to give up to get him. Fortunately I don't think Kessel is the kind of player Lou would want to trade for, or at least that's what I'm hoping.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
For a brief moment I even pondered whether it was possible for the Penguins to fall out of a spot (they're only six points up and nosediving)...then I took a look at their upcoming schedule which includes Arizona, Philly twice, the Sharks at home and Columbus on the road. Probably not losing enough to get in any danger with that binge of non-playoff teams...then again I thought the same of the 2007 Mets :P

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I swore they grenaded back in December, then they came back to life again.

The Flames would easily be the weakest team in the playoffs in the entire league, unless Ottawa happens to get in. I could still see Calgary beating Anaheim and Bruce ''I masquerade as a top 10 head coach in the NHL but have never won a meaningful playoff series in the league'' Boudreau in the first round.

Ducks have an elite team on paper for the most part, they just have novice goaltending and suspect coaching.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For a brief moment I even pondered whether it was possible for the Penguins to fall out of a spot (they're only six points up and nosediving)...then I took a look at their upcoming schedule which includes Arizona, Philly twice, the Sharks at home and Columbus on the road. Probably not losing enough to get in any danger with that binge of non-playoff teams...then again I thought the same of the 2007 Mets :P

I stopped watching baseball for the most part after that. That season just pissed me off and traumatized me from baseball.

I was never anywhere near as much of a fan of baseball as I am hockey though. Now I just find baseball to be pretty boring to watch on TV.:laugh:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I stopped being a baseball fan when I became a hockey fan. The game is just too damn slow for me to watch it. Pitch. Wait 45 seconds while the pitcher and batter both adjust themselves. Pitch. Repeat. The only time I can watch it is the playoffs when the games actually mean something.

Of course, I was a Twins fan, so that could be part of it too.:laugh:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Jagr said in a interview he plans to play another 7 years. Im guessing he wants to hit that 50 year old mark lol.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He might hit the most teams played with mark while he's at it. I wonder who holds THAT record, Sillinger?

Yep, seems so haha...I'm shocked Dowd or Schnieder played for that many though. Coffey I knew was bouncing around toward the end of his career at a ridonculous rate. Jagr's at 8 now but this list doesn't include this season so it doesn't show him.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/most_teams.html

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I stopped being a baseball fan when I became a hockey fan. The game is just too damn slow for me to watch it. Pitch. Wait 45 seconds while the pitcher and batter both adjust themselves. Pitch. Repeat. The only time I can watch it is the playoffs when the games actually mean something.

Of course, I was a Twins fan, so that could be part of it too.:laugh:

Attending games is pretty fun, but I rarely watch. Only if I'm at a friends house and they're watching.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
He might hit the most teams played with mark while he's at it. I wonder who holds THAT record, Sillinger?

Yep, seems so haha...I'm shocked Dowd or Schnieder played for that many though. Coffey I knew was bouncing around toward the end of his career at a ridonculous rate. Jagr's at 8 now but this list doesn't include this season so it doesn't show him.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/most_teams.html

Ray Whitney made the list. Also Mathieau Schneider was on the list with 10. He had a solid run as a defenseman.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One of the greatest goaltenders of all time, Sean Burke is on that list!:handclap:

9 teams for him.

Burke has played for more teams than any other goaltender in the NHL.

My second favorite Devils defenseman of all time, Sean O'Donnell also made that list with 8 teams!

**** him man. He's also the BLANDEST television personality in all of the NHL, for those who have seen him during Kings intermission reports.

Could have hired me for that job. Be glad we don't have him, people would be begging for Deb to come back. He's a worse analyst than he was an NHL defenseman, and he wasn't that great of an NHL defenseman.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Rags showed just how easy of a time they would have with Ottawa in a series.

It's going to take an act of God to derail them this playoffs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rags showed just how easy of a time they would have with Ottawa in a series.

It's going to take an act of God to derail them this playoffs.

LA will take them out again (if they can get through the East) just like last year when it wasn't even close. Lundqvist is the only thing that kept them from being swept and blown out in regulation every game.

LA beat up on them the other night almost as bad as the Rangers beat up on Ottawa last night. LA WILL get into the playoffs. No way they're gonna be kept out by some bush league pretenders like Calgary or a team like Winnipeg.

For what's worth, anyone would have an easy time with Ottawa in a playoff series. The Rangers probably sweep them, almost any other team in the conference probably beats them in 5 games. They would literally be the worst playoff team in the league. Wouldn't even really be close.

I have no problem with them getting in, it would be nice for Bryan Murray to leave the game in the playoffs. They just aren't very good at all. Hot goaltending has kept them alive all year, just like that's the only reason they made the playoffs in the lockout season. Coaching change probably helped too. Walrus isn't that great of an NHL head coach. Jack Adams award be damned.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
LA will take them out again (if they can get through the East) just like last year when it wasn't even close. Lundqvist is the only thing that kept them from being swept and blown out in regulation every game.

LA beat up on them the other night almost as bad as the Rangers beat up on Ottawa last night. LA WILL get into the playoffs. No way they're gonna be kept out by some bush league pretenders like Calgary or a team like Winnipeg.

For what's worth, anyone would have an easy time with Ottawa in a playoff series. The Rangers probably sweep them, almost any other team in the conference probably beats them in 5 games. They would literally be the worst playoff team in the league. Wouldn't even really be close.

I have no problem with them getting in, it would be nice for Bryan Murray to leave the game in the playoffs. They just aren't very good at all. Hot goaltending has kept them alive all year, just like that's the only reason they made the playoffs in the lockout season. Coaching change probably helped too. Walrus isn't that great of an NHL head coach. Jack Adams award be damned.

Do we really want to rely on the Kings to take them out again-in the 4th round?

It was a painful Spring last season and it looks to be just as or even more dreadful this time around.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
C

Do we really want to rely on the Kings to take them out again-in the 4th round?

It was a painful Spring last season and it looks to be just as or even more dreadful this time around.

I think Tampa can take them. I think Montreal can this time but only because Price is having such a hot year. A goaltender having this kind of a season has went on some deep playoff runs lately.

Montreal isn't as good as them at all, Price might be able to get them through. It's just a question of getting the goals.

I still think Montreal is an extremely flawed team but Price is having one of the best seasons a goaltender has had in recent memory.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=759916&navid=DL|NHL|home

Let's throw some metrics into the discussion. Idea that the last few champs and runner ups have all been good possession, shot suppression and PK teams.

At the moment the Rags, Canadians, and Ducks don't fit the bill.

Also though this could be a weird season where metric trends are bucked.

I'm starting to think Tampa might be the team this year, but its tough.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=759916&navid=DL|NHL|home

Let's throw some metrics into the discussion. Idea that the last few champs and runner ups have all been good possession, shot suppression and PK teams.

At the moment the Rags, Canadians, and Ducks don't fit the bill.

Also though this could be a weird season where metric trends are bucked.

I'm starting to think Tampa might be the team this year, but its tough.

Is Tampa a good posession team? Maybe they are this year, I just remember them being bad in the past.

Anaheim has been a bad posession team for years. Coincidence that Sants Clause's Washington teams were bad at posession too? I think not.

LA is still one of the best possession teams in the league this year. Still pretty high on them.

I'm not very high on Chicago without Kane. They haven't been scoring much lately. Goaltending has been winning them a lot of game since he's been out. I think Crawford is better than most people give him credit for, so I wouldn't completely rule them out.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

LA isn't going to the finals again

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LA isn't going to the finals again

Are you sure about that? Because I remember people saying that last year too. I was one of them.

Weren't you one of the ones saying a few weeks ago that you could see them going on a run again? What's changed since then? Sometimes their offense has looked awful, but it always seems to turn on in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad