Out Of Town Scoreboard VIII Getting to watch others work toward the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Buffalo is embarrassing. Just like my buddy njdevils1982 says, city of losers.

Remember when their football team lost 4 super bowls in a row?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's true. The return of Krejic should help Boston, and Ottawa might be exhausted by what they've done to catch up to Boston (and currently overtake them in the standings).

I agree that it's unlikely that Florida will be able to jump over two teams, and I kind of hope they won't be able to, since our picks will be better if they can't, and I also don't picture them as a team that can beat the Rangers. Definitely think Boston, being a physical team built along the lines of the LA Kings, has the best chance of the teams likely to take that second Wild Card slot to beat the Rangers.

Agreed but honestly the Rags should get to the second round pretty easily.

They won't get the tougher teams until later. Isles could give them trouble. Montreal and Tampa for sure.

East wildcard looks like fodder. Especially if it ends up being Pitt and Boston/Ottawa as the wild cards.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Agreed but honestly the Rags should get to the second round pretty easily.

They won't get the tougher teams until later. Isles could give them trouble. Montreal and Tampa for sure.

East wildcard looks like fodder. Especially if it ends up being Pitt and Boston/Ottawa as the wild cards.

Yeah, I have a hard time picturing the Rangers getting knocked out in the first round. I hope Montreal or Tampa could beat them. Tampa always seems to wake up for games against the Rangers, so that's encouraging, and Montreal did take the Rangers to six games without Price last year, so that's also good. And there's always a chance the Isles could beat the Rangers.

At least Boston would probably be physical enough to exact a toll on the Rangers if they played against one another in the first round. I don't know if Pittsburg or Ottawa could do the same.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That crap makes me wish the new lotto system started this year. Put Eichel into the lotto balls too.

Honestly they've gotten all neutral people to sneer at them at this point. I've always kind of liked Buffalo but can't really root for them now that their fanbase is so overt in sinking this low.

I'd like to think we'd act better than that but honestly we were never going to be in that position. You don't hear about Arizona/Edmonton fans cheering losses though.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I thought that went to Cleveland.:laugh:

Cleveland has more losers, but Buffalo's NEVER won a major championship. At least some graybeards in Cleveland were alive when the Indians won in 1954 or the Browns in 1964...plenty of them are Ohio State fans though and they win plenty for everyone :P

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Just got back from the Rangers game... Ottawa SUCKS! Hamburgler is overrated and their power play was garbage.

I don't even think they make the playoffs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I had the Kings/Islanders game on during the last TV timeout of our game, that's when the Kings scored the go ahead goal late in the 3rd.

Looked like our shift against the Islanders a couple years ago, the one with the video that's always posted. Where we pinned them in their end for over a minute and Tallinder (my favorite Devils defenseman of ALL TIME!) scored that goal!:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just got back from the Rangers game... Ottawa SUCKS! Hamburgler is overrated and their power play was garbage.

I don't even think they make the playoffs.

And they're boring as **** too. How did you stay awake through all that?

I'd feel happy for their GM if they made the playoffs. Bryan Murray has stage 4 cancer now I believe, he'll be retiring after this season.:(

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Honestly they've gotten all neutral people to sneer at them at this point. I've always kind of liked Buffalo but can't really root for them now that their fanbase is so overt in sinking this low.

I'd like to think we'd act better than that but honestly we were never going to be in that position. You don't hear about Arizona/Edmonton fans cheering losses though.

I can't root for Buffalo because they are in our division. Definitely don't want McDavid in our division (ideally, if he doesn't go to us, I hope he lands out west; preferably in Arizona, but Edmonton would be okay too, I guess). I'm resigned to the fact that Buffalo tanking basically assured them one of the big two forwards at this year's draft. Pretty pathetic that unsportsmanlike behavior gets rewarded like that, but that's how the league works right now. We have to just hope that the hockey gods will reward the Devils for not tanking on draft day.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
And they're boring as **** too. How did you stay awake through all that?

I'd feel happy for their GM if they made the playoffs. Bryan Murray has stage 4 cancer now I believe, he'll be retiring after this season.:(

We should know better than any other fan base how to stay awake through boring games right now...

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Rangers embarrassed them. Tanner Glass scored a goal I believe. Hamburgler pretty much threw a puck up above his head into the goal. Karlsson turned the puck over constantly.

I really like Hoffman a lot though. Think he'll be really good.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can't root for Buffalo because they are in our division. Definitely don't want McDavid in our division (ideally, if he doesn't go to us, I hope he lands out west; preferably in Arizona, but Edmonton would be okay too, I guess). I'm resigned to the fact that Buffalo tanking basically assured them one of the big two forwards at this year's draft. Pretty pathetic that unsportsmanlike behavior gets rewarded like that, but that's how the league works right now. We have to just hope that the hockey gods will reward the Devils for not tanking on draft day.

Well they're in our conference but close enough...like I said in the other thread I'm more paranoid about Columbus winning the lottery lol. I pretty much accepted long ago Buffalo was going to get one of the big two but now I'm really hoping Arizona and Edmonton somehow 'pass' them - or at least one of them passes the Sabres and makes it not automatic they get one of the big two, though I don't really want to see Edmonton get one of the big two either it's better he goes out of conference.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

Buffalo's not in our division, but they are in our conference :)

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Buffalo is embarrassing. Just like my buddy njdevils1982 says, city of losers.

Remember when their football team lost 4 super bowls in a row?

i think tonight is it……the armpit gets their wish of last overall. how absurd…"YEAH! WERE THE WORST!!"

pathetic attitude for which to build a to build a team ……pens pulled the same **** in '84

i got no respect for these franchises.

sure, its moral dilemma debate in a way…… to tank or not to tank.

its just greeeeaaasssy as ****

////edit….. if anyone want to, read the first 2 paragraphs of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_4–2_Grenada_(1994_Caribbean_Cup_qualification)) …. i dont want to post up videos and articles on the whole fiasco, theyre out there if you want to read up on it more

its this kind of garbage that takes all the value out of competition in sport. it make me wonder if the means to an end THAT justified

…its not

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i think tonight is it……the armpit gets their wish of last overall. how absurd…"YEAH! WERE THE WORST!!"

pathetic attitude for which to build a to build a team ……pens pulled the same **** in '84

People'll point out they got two Stanley Cups out of it. But hey we got three without tanking so there's that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We should know better than any other fan base how to stay awake through boring games right now...

I just find it funny that their cheap ass owner calls us boring, yet they're arguably more boring than we are.

And he wasn't talking about the current teams when calling us boring, he was talking about our cup winning teams. Funny for a cheapskate who won't spend money like the rest of the Canadian teams, and a guy who owns a team that's never won a cup before.

They weren't boring before Spezza and Alfredsson left. The last couple years they've been really boring. And that walrus moron that was fired was not a good coach. God help us if he's a candidate to be our head coach next year, I would suspect he isn't. Another Babcock mole that probably has no business being a head coach.

Save the Jack Adams defense for me please. He got unsustainably high goaltending (just like they've been getting from Hammond) that lockout season. They were badly outshot every night and probably wouldn't have made the playoffs in a full season. They also managed to get bulldozed by the Pens in the playoffs. That's probably the only team the Pens have easily beaten in the playoffs in the last half decade.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Andrej Pavelec 6 wins in a row and has allowed only 7 goals. Has turned around since that garbage goal from the center.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Pens also tanked more recently for Crosby and Malkin. Only got one Cup out of that so far.

I'm also glad that Edmonton hasn't even made the playoffs with three first overall picks. Shows that tanking doesn't always bring winning results.

I just can't get behind tanking. You should always try to win even if you end up losing in my opinion. That's why I haven't cheered for a Devils loss all year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Andrej Pavelec 6 wins in a row and has allowed only 7 goals. Has turned around since that garbage goal from the center.

Still think he's just having a good season and will go back to being below average again next year.

We have seen guys like Steve Mason and Brian Elliott turn their careers around though. And Pavelec is young enough to do it, so I wouldn't guarantee that it's one of those anomalies like Ray Emery that one year.

He's fun to watch and very athletic.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm actually impressed how Pavelec shrugged off that terrible loss in St. Louis...I thought the Jets were done after that game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well they're in our conference but close enough...like I said in the other thread I'm more paranoid about Columbus winning the lottery lol. I pretty much accepted long ago Buffalo was going to get one of the big two but now I'm really hoping Arizona and Edmonton somehow 'pass' them - or at least one of them passes the Sabres and makes it not automatic they get one of the big two, though I don't really want to see Edmonton get one of the big two either it's better he goes out of conference.

They still haven't reached 50 points. It's a laughable joke.

And don't look now but the Leafs tank is also still marching on. Only 5 and 6 points ahead of Edmonton and Arizona.

Leafs are the team I want the tanking to backfire the most for.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm actually impressed how Pavelec shrugged off that terrible loss in St. Louis...I thought the Jets were done after that game.

One of these teams is bowing out to LAK. It WILL happen. I feel like DD with the guarantees of the Rangers winning the SCF last year.:laugh:

I don't know who I'd rather fall out more. Winnipeg or Calgary.

Can't stand either fanbase. If you guys think that Islanders fanbase has an ego, just check out some of the Jets and Flames talk over on the mainboard. ''You must not have watched much of the Jets (or Flames if it's one of their fans talking) this season, they're really gonna surprise people in the playoffs)

I think the Flames might be the luckier team though. Winnipeg is actually getting much better goaltending than they did the past several years. Their goaltending probably made them much worse than they really were these last couple years. And Claude Noel as a head coach was very suspect. They've been good ever since Paul Maurice was hired, it didn't just start this season. Calgary gets outplayed badly almost every game. I also don't wanna see king of the windshield assembly line get the Jack Adams Trophy. Still laughing at how all the Thrashers players (Holik namely) talked a bunch of **** about him after his time coaching with the Thrashers, saying he wasn't fit to coach an NHL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad