Out Of Town Scoreboard IV Playoffs, Schedule, Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just thought I'd start this thread off by saying **** the Craps.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm happy to see new teams in the playoffs. I can only take the red wings for so long. Now when does Boston, Anaheim, or the Rags miss?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
What you said about doubting the Caps make a deep run, Bleed...

I don't see them surviving Pittsburgh.

I really just don't know what it is with this team. I don't trust them at all, even though that have a freakin All Star lineup.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And don't forget that two years ago the Caps probably get knocked out in the opening round if Tom Wilson doesn't end Lubo Vishnovsky's career with a textbook illegal hit leaving his feet to deliver it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Watching the first two periods of the Caps game.

They have no killer instinct. Like they looked like they could easily dispatch the Leafs, but they just refuse to go at full speed.

If they can't turn it on now, then when? They are the better team too. It is evident to me watching them. Leafs are really inexperienced and have clear holes.

I want to almost say the Caps look lazy

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What you said about doubting the Caps make a deep run, Bleed...

I don't see them surviving Pittsburgh.

I really just don't know what it is with this team. I don't trust them at all, even though that have a freakin All Star lineup.
They just underwhelm year after year. They probably should win this series in 5 or 6 games MAX. They should have beaten the Islanders in 6 games 2 years ago, the really shouldn't have needed a nailbiter sixth game and 1-0 win over the Flyers last year. They shouldn't have lost to the Rangers at all in 2015. They were 2 minutes away from winning it in 5 games and winning 4 in a row to win the series (I think?) and the Rangers tied it and won in OT and that was the series.
And don't forget that two years ago the Caps probably get knocked out in the opening round if Tom Wilson doesn't end Lubo Vishnovsky's career with a textbook illegal hit leaving his feet to deliver it.
I wish they did lose to the Islanders. The way they laid down to the Rangers and choked away that 2 game lead was an embarrassment. The only good it did was force the Rangers to play 7 games and be worn down for the next round against Tampa.
I'm happy to see new teams in the playoffs. I can only take the red wings for so long. Now when does Boston, Anaheim, or the Rags miss?
This is the first year Boston has made it in two years, even though it doesn't seem like it.

I hate Anaheim, but they (unlike the Craps) actually have been the most impressive team so far. St Louis was outplayed terribly to win game 1, so I won't say them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yikes

Those two goals on Elliott in the first were both soft serve, no way you can defend either of those.

He played really good in game 1 though, probably made the Flames look like they were playing good D and that wasn't the case. They played much better tonight.

The Ducks and Predators have looked the best in that conference these playoffs. I won't include the Blues, as they were badly outplayed in game 1 and lucky to win it.

Camille the Eel

Watching the first two periods of the Caps game.

They have no killer instinct. Like they looked like they could easily dispatch the Leafs, but they just refuse to go at full speed.

If they can't turn it on now, then when? They are the better team too. It is evident to me watching them. Leafs are really inexperienced and have clear holes.

I want to almost say the Caps look lazy

I think actually the Maple Leafs are making them look that way. Old and slow ("that is the motto"). The Leafs are turning the puck over against them, repeatedly, by jumping them quickly before anyone is set. The Caps can't handle it. Their big weakness - old D men like Nisaknen and Orpik - is being shown up.

Toronto deserves the have this series tied.

Have to say that last night's game was the best Hockey I've seen all year. The most absorbing and entertaining to watch. Highly subjective assessment of course.

Go Leafs and Go Oilers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm at the point where I can't care any less if Washington loses the series.

It's fun to obnoxiously laugh at them.

Other than that, I hate the Leafs and their fans. My condolences to NJD82 and all the non-Leafs fans living up in Toronto. I'd wanna lock myself in my house until after they're eliminated if I lived up there.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
SATURDAY, APRIL 15, 2017
AWAY HOME RESULT GOALIE (W) GOALIE (L) ATTENDANCE
Boston Ottawa BOS 3, OTT 4 Anderson Rask 18,629
Toronto Washington TOR 4, WAS 3 Andersen Holtby 18,506
Nashville Chicago NSH 5, CHI 0 Rinne Crawford 22,175
Calgary Anaheim CGY 2, ANA 3 Gibson Elliott 17,271

SUNDAY, APRIL 16, 2017
AWAY HOME TIME NATL TV AWAY TV HOME TV TICKETS
Minnesota St. Louis 3:00 pm NBC Available from $45
Pittsburgh Columbus 6:00 pm CNBC ROOT FSOH Available from $109
Montreal N.Y. Rangers 7:00 pm NBCS MSG Available from $169
Edmonton San Jose 10:00 pm NBCS CSCA Available from $76

Last edited:

Camille the Eel

Other than that, I hate the Leafs and their fans. My condolences to NJD82 and all the non-Leafs fans living up in Toronto. I'd wanna lock myself in my house until after they're eliminated if I lived up there.

They've had little to cheer about since the mid-1960's. That last cup team was Johnny Bowers - Terry Sawchuck era (Keon, Mahovolich, Ellis, Armstrong) - a lot of those guys were born in the late 1920's as a point of comparison. I don't begrudge them the pleasure of at this point one damned win against the Caps. They've been wandering the wilderness for so damn long.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They've had little to cheer about since the mid-1960's. That last cup team was Johnny Bowers - Terry Sawchuck era (Keon, Mahovolich, Ellis, Armstrong) - a lot of those guys were born in the late 1920's as a point of comparison. I don't begrudge them the pleasure of at this point one damned win against the Caps. They've been wandering the wilderness for so damn long.

**** them!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

It's not thaaat bad here. Well, sometimes it is lol

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I've watched mostly the Habs-Rags and Caps-Leafs series but so far these playoffs as a whole have been outstanding. So much intensity that I don't remember seeing last year.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Have to think Chuck Fletcher gets fired in Minny with a 1st round exit. That's a roster that's getting older, expensive, and has seen some of its younger players not elevate their play when it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad