Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season (Mod warning: post #6685 3/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
They just showed Queenie giving Smith advice on the bench on how to D after that last goal. If he's the King of anything, it's a long history of bad form with his teammates.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's awful. He might be joining Niemi and Lehtonen in the KHL or some European league next year. The only reason he hasn't been waived again is because the team is winning, and Greiss has been even worse, if that was even possible. And here's Das Schiesse in net for this period.
Have a feeling NYb makes this a close game.
Of course you would, only you would have this feeling. Quick goal for the Stars, now it's 5-0.
duh, drumming up hype for the car parked in the corner. what else?
Nice!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
5-1! Here's the comeback!

Oh shit and it's Lehtonen in net again!

Come on Hitch, why press your luck starting this guy? Luckily, they gave him a 5 goal lead to work with before he allowed a goal.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
They just showed Queenie giving Smith advice on the bench on how to D after that last goal. If he's the King of anything, it's a long history of bad form with his teammates.
Smith had a horrible shift, lost the puck, lost his stick, then flung himself in front of Hank to try to block the shot. It was a horrendous screen, not surprised at all that Lundqvist talkd to him about it. Don’t see what the problem is.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
5-1! Here's the comeback!

Oh **** and it's Lehtonen in net again!

Come on Hitch, why press your luck starting this guy? Luckily, they gave him a 5 goal lead to work with before he allowed a goal.

I couldn't believe this when I read it today heading into tonight's game:

Lehtonen is tied with Miikka Kiprusoff for most appearances by a Finnish-born netminder at 623 and also is one win shy of 300 for his career, which would place him 31st all-time among NHL goalies.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I couldn't believe this when I read it today heading into tonight's game:
Don't get me wrong, he was good back in the day. Even just 4 years ago or so. He never hit the ceiling or potential that he had, being a 2nd overall pick, which was the second highest goalie pick maybe ever, at that time. Only DiPietro at 1st overall from two years earlier was picked higher.

He had a solid career up until he was about 30, where he's really fallen off a cliff. Rinne is currently at 285 wins, but has played approximately 90 fewer games in the NHL. Lehtonen was actually really underrated at one time. The forumer 2nd overall pick factor probably kept him from being really underrated, as people always expected more from him. He was pretty good for Dallas in a few of those years at the top of the decade, where they were a bad team. Even his worst year with the Thrashers was still pretty average. He was pretty damn good there, especially for a goalie that was 25 and younger during his time there.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Don't get me wrong, he was good back in the day. Even just 4 years ago or so. He never hit the ceiling or potential that he had, being a 2nd overall pick, which was the second highest goalie pick maybe ever, at that time. Only DiPietro at 1st overall from two years earlier was picked higher.

He had a solid career up until he was about 30, where he's really fallen off a cliff. Rinne is currently at 285 wins, but has played approximately 90 fewer games in the NHL. Lehtonen was actually really underrated at one time. The forumer 2nd overall pick factor probably kept him from being really underrated, as people always expected more from him. He was pretty good for Dallas in a few of those years at the top of the decade, where they were a bad team. Even his worst year with the Thrashers was still pretty average. He was pretty damn good there, especially for a goalie that was 25 and younger during his time there.

I think I'm more amazed at how long he's been in the league to this point. I can't believe he's 34, feel like he's still a youngin'.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stars got this, somewhere DD is hoping and praying for one of the worst collapses in NHL history with 4 consecutive goals to tie it in the final 7 minutes of a game!:sarcasm:

Ottawa is trash, I haven't watched any of that game, but not sure how they managed to even lead 3-1 at any point tonight. They've already exceeded my expectations by the Rangers not blowing them the f*** out. They've been horrific lately. They may have been the worst team in the league over the last couple of weeks. Even if Buffalo has been worse the last several weeks, even they beat the Senators last night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think I'm more amazed at how long he's been in the league to this point. I can't believe he's 34, feel like he's still a youngin'.
I almost have an opposite feeling. He seems like he's almost Luongo's age, just because of how long he's been around and because of the decline he's been going through for almost 4 years now.

He was picked right behind Rangers legend Rick Nash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad