Post-Game Talk: Out Goalied Oilers lose to the Wild again

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Outshot them 24-6 in the 3rd and get out scored 2-1

both absolutely stinkers too

How many games has this team lost this year because of terrible goaltending?

And we're 2 weeks out until the trade deadline and its still unaddressed..

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Wild could be the worst team in the league and they'd still beat us.

Unacceptable loss
You think you would of learnt after all these years. No team is so bad thar they can't lay a kicking on any team on any given night. And wild aren't the worst team. Unless the oilers work hard and execute they can lose to any team. Let's see if the lazy bums not embarrass themselves tommorow

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You just knew the Oilers couldn't allow any shots on goal in the 3rd and they did a pretty good job until halfway through when they finally allowed one. And as it turned out, of course, it was a pathetic weakassed goal.

But as others have said, they need to show up at the start. They spent the last while patting themselves vigorously on the back for playing well in the 3rd periods and beyond, but now that they've come up against teams other than Anaheim, the formula isn't working so well. For the way they played in the first 2 periods, they got what they deserved. Maybe they'll show up at the start next game. Not a very smart team we have here. They need to be kicked in the head several times before they learn their lesson.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
When they said it was Gustafson’s 100th game I expected him to put on a clinic, sure enough.
Better get the W tomorrow.

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
Goaltending lost this game in my opinion. Maybe it was lack of focus because there were no shots or sustained zone pressure by the wild the second half of the game? Either way, unacceptable second goal, spinning top on the third

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
What a stupid, frustrating game. No finish whatsoever, almost 0 powerplays and the Wild play hockey for 22 minutes and pull a win out of their asses. Are we going to lose to Calgary tomorrow too?

Reactions: Duke74

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Pickard obviously was terrible but when does 9.25 start to draw some ire?

His pairing again was horrible, and has been the worst pairing for a while now.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Second best goalie. Every single night.

f*** Guentzel, we need some saves.

Yep pretty much.

I literally just said the same thing to my buddy. Even in a lot of the games they win it's the case.

A decent goalie would make a lot of these so-called "defensive problems" miraculously disappear. When teams score on every f***ing scoring chance, AAA or otherwise you're going to have an uphill battle. You just need to get a couple f***ing saves. f*** me.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Back to getting goalied and not being able to finish and hitting every possible goal post. Good times.

Reactions: Duke74

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Does kind of blow my mind that we are -19 in powerplay opportunities despite having some of the most skilled players and elite possession metrics.

National Hoax-ey League. Same one that's allowing Vegas to get away with cap bullshit for the third year in a row

Reactions: TB12 and McFlyingV

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Good effort and good special teams.

Ceci can go.

A goalie who can save more than 2 of 5 shots in the 3rd while 26 shots go the other way would be nice.

Make a move Holland.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Development experience? Lol take your meds
With this tandem, yes it is. They aren't serious lol. Once Skinner shits the bed we have the dude you seen tonight

Thats all I consider this playoffs. Our goalies will get roasted

We can't play 16 game win streak D consistently

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad