Speculation: Our Next Captain if JT Leaves?

Next Captain?

• Total voters

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Prompted by a thread on the main boards, who do you guys think would be our next captain if JT leaves this summer?

Personally I'd say either Boychuk (vet wit teh grits) or Bailey (could be our all-time franchise GP leader at the end of his extension)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
100% it’s going to be Bailey. Or maybe they go with an older guy like Ladd or boychuck and with the hopes that when they’re gone, Barzal or another young guy is ready for the captaincy. But my money is on Bailey.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
The current longest tenured player Joshua "Mr. Islanderman" Bailey. Barzal will get it eventually - if he lasts that long here that is.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
who cares is the correct answer, if Tavares is going to leave just trade Barzal for some 1st round picks in 2028 and 2029 because the Islanders are going to suck for the next decade, but if Barzal wants the C give it to him because he is the only one who is deserving of it

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
Deep down inside, I want Ho-Sang to be captain next year even if Tavares resigns because that move would be the biggest middle finger to everyone in this organization.

For me, there's a difference between who should be captain (Boychuk, IMO) and whom I want as captain (Ho-Sang).

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I would go with Cizikas because he would lead by example and he seems to have a great rapport with the refs... but it will be Ladd, and that won't be good

I agree, guy rarely if ever takes a shift off and he seems to be more fiery than the current Cyborg 6000 captain

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Boychuk. not only does he leave it all on the ice, but he seems to be likeable, approachable, and vocal. someone who his teammates respect, and will listen to. someone who has a ring, doesn't hurt.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
It is obvious to anyone that at least on the current roster it should be Boychuk, so almost assuredly this organization will name either Leddy, Bailey or Ladd. The captaincy would be passed from one robot to the next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad