Ottawa vs. San Jose Stanley Cup Final

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I wonder how many other GMs burst out laughing when they saw Benning extracted that absurd condition on the pick in the Hansen trade.

At least negotiate a condition that has a remote chance of improving the asset. Vegas has the Sharks at 12/1 to win the cup. Does Benning understand that's like an 8% chance?

It was a solid trade even if the pick doesn't become a first :help:

Labamba

Too Much 4 CDC
Feb 26, 2013
Shuswap
Record Revenues, Record attendances, A Stanley Cup appearance two Presidents' trophies, along with numerous individual accolades that include a Hart, Art Ross, Jack Adams, along with Selke and Vezina nominations, quantify as "10 years of mediocrity" in your eyes? :huh::huh::huh:

Thankfully, real businessmen that deal with real numbers, would not share your point of view.

If I could I'd wipe my *** with every one of those banners.

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
I wonder how many other GMs burst out laughing when they saw Benning extracted that absurd condition on the pick in the Hansen trade.

At least negotiate a condition that has a remote chance of improving the asset. Vegas has the Sharks at 12/1 to win the cup. Does Benning understand that's like an 8% chance?

It was 12-1 odds for SJ at the start of the season and was 7-1 (~14%) at the TDL. Only Washington has better odds at 6-1.

Tankathon.com has the Canucks at 6.7% chance at 1st overall. We're twice as likely to get 31st overall from SJ than to win the draft lottery.

Still, I'm cheering Ottawa. Sharks can sit at zero cups until we win our first. I want a Canadian team to win. I live in Ottawa and would like to see Burr in the parade. I'd have been satisfied with Dahlen alone, or even a draft pick without conditions.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Sharks and its not even close.

agree

who cares about the division thing
is there even a rivalry? the sharks are way better than us and have been for a while

love Burr, but also big Hansen fan

at the end of the day, the #1 priority is getting the club back on track to building the next phase that will hopefully compete for the cup.

ill take the pick every day

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Are people actually serious when they say Ottawa or...? You'd actually **** away a first round pick? :amazed::help: You guys don't deserve a winning team in that case

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
If I could I'd wipe my *** with every one of those banners.

That's your prerogative, but I think it's sad that you don't realize as to just how good Canucks' fans have had things for the better part of the last 26 years......relative to most other teams.

How much fun do you think Flames fans and Oilers fans have had since 1991?

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
That's your prerogative, but I think it's sad that you don't realize as to just how good Canucks' fans have had things for the better part of the last 26 years......relative to most other teams.

ya, im guessing there are a lotta fans who haven't had a lot of pre-millennium canucks exposure

prepare to go back to 80s-90s level crappiness for a stretch.... we ain't gonna see .500 hockey for a while

i will take whatever picks get us out of it fastest

Labamba

Too Much 4 CDC
Feb 26, 2013
Shuswap
ya, im guessing there are a lotta fans who haven't had a lot of pre-millennium canucks exposure

prepare to go back to 80s-90s level crappiness for a stretch.... we ain't gonna see .500 hockey for a while

i will take whatever picks get us out of it fastest

I'm a 35 year old miserable rig pig. I have fond memories of sucking. For me, losing in 2011 and 1994 felt worse than The Keenan years.

I'd go for Hasen and the sharks. Burrows is dead to me now. Just like my dream waking up in a ditch after a 4 day Stanley cup celebration bender.

Labamba

Too Much 4 CDC
Feb 26, 2013
Shuswap

I don't care about the Oilers or flames. I'll be an old man sitting at A&W with my crew talking about the last playoff series we won in 2011.

Trying to stay on topic, go Hansen.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Burrows. Easily.

A mere 30th selection, also comes with the price of turning San Jose, Couture, Thornton, Pavelski, Marleau into Stanley Cup Winners... No Thanks. Would not cheer for that at all.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Ottawa for sure.

The chances of San Jose winning the Cup right now are probably about equal with the chances of that 4th round pick turning out to be better than the 31st pick. Which are both equally outweighed by the chances that a) San Jose does not win the Cup, and b) neither pick actually goes on to do anything.

As I've said multiple times, Alex Burrows lifting the Stanley Cup would be one of my favorite hockey moments of all time. I would value that infinitely more than watching John Weisbrod smirk at the draft podium while announcing that the Vancouver Canucks select Matthew Strome or whoever with the 31st pick.

Edit: Would be interested in seeing the results of a poll in this thread.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I actually like Hansen every bit as much as I like Burrows, have no dislike of San Jose, and feel no allegiance to Ottawa/Canadian teams, so easy answer for me.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
As much as I dislike Thornton, I'm going to have to go with Sharks with ease.
Getting a first rd pick, rooting for Hansen who I prefer over Burrows, and Marleau finally getting the cup, would be a lot more ideal.

Don't give a rat's ass about Ottawa.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad