Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Toronto - Home Opener - 7PM (EST) - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I don't are much about the ceremony. Just as long as they don't raid some funeral parlour to get those fake #^%€£ torches the Habs used.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
after the night I've had dealing with the police, crappy neighbours, and hours and hours of tears, the Leafs better win tonight, or there will be one cranky Daisy.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Here's what I think will happen, Leafs of course will come in cocky because they're 2-0-0 and that they can goof around because they can rely on solid goaltending. I think Ottawa will take advantage and will light them up 2-0 in the 1st period, during the intermission Carlyle will tear the boys a new one and they'll come out flying in the 2nd and pot 2 quick goals to tie the game. In the third it'll back and forth, no goals are scored and we go to OT. OT we come out flying and pot the game winner.

Just my prediction of course

Thank you, Stompin' Tom.

I was intrigued by Carlysle's comment before your first regular season game that the Leafs would play a more puck-possession game than they have in the past. Has anyone noticed a difference in your game plan? More patience and regrouping with the puck instead of forcing the rush?

Die you pig dogs, die.

Kadri43*

Oct 1, 2010
noneofyourbusiness
Thank you, Stompin' Tom.

I was intrigued by Carlysle's comment before your first regular season game that the Leafs would play a more puck-possession game than they have in the past. Has anyone noticed a difference in your game plan? More patience and regrouping with the puck instead of forcing the rush?

Die you pig dogs, die.

I did notice a bit. Our first line has a hard time cycling the puck though. I think our 2nd and 3rd lines will be fine, especially when Clarkson is back in the line up.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Had a pretty rough couple of days, my gf and I broke up...really need some positive energy. Hoping the Leafs can get a W tonight. It'd help with the pain

naturalnumbas

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto
after the night I've had dealing with the police, crappy neighbours, and hours and hours of tears, the Leafs better win tonight, or there will be one cranky Daisy.

Strangely, I feel your pain. It gets better.

Think this will be a tough game, and we're missing some toughness. Could get ugly, calling up Devane was the right move. Not sure if anybody remembers Neil running our top players in the last game we played against Ottawa, but I'm sure it will continue until he is tuned up.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I did notice a bit. Our first line has a hard time cycling the puck though. I think our 2nd and 3rd lines will be fine, especially when Clarkson is back in the line up.

Thanks. Now that you mention it, I think Kessel prefers to take it to the net, instead of delaying and moving the puck back or finding space. I'll watch his decision-making in particular to see if he's made any changes.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Big game tonight I'm hoping for a Leafs win and a Flyers win as it would open up an early 6 point cushion on the habs for us. and with them off until wednesday after tonight and us playing tuesday, a Habs loss and a Leafs win could go a LONG way tu burying them early.

especially if we can take the next 2 before Montreal even gets a win

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Don't see Abbott recalled anywhere. Do you have a link?

Never mind...here it is

@LeafsPR: The #Leafs have recalled forward Spencer Abbott from the AHL's Toronto Marlies. #TMLtalk

@kevin_mcgran: Wondered if something like this would happen RT @LeafsPR: #Leafs have recalled F Spencer Abbott from the AHL's Toronto Marlies. #TMLtalk

Don't know who LeafsPR is. But Mcgran is viable.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
No clue what is happening. First Devane now Spencer...I thought we would be calling up defenseman.

EtoDemerzel

Aug 4, 2009
Toronto
Don't see Abbott recalled anywhere. Do you have a link?

Never mind...here it is

@LeafsPR: The #Leafs have recalled forward Spencer Abbott from the AHL's Toronto Marlies. #TMLtalk

@kevin_mcgran: Wondered if something like this would happen RT @LeafsPR: #Leafs have recalled F Spencer Abbott from the AHL's Toronto Marlies. #TMLtalk

Don't know who LeafsPR is. But Mcgran is viable.

LeafsPR is the official Leafs handle, with a focus on media relations. The TML handle retweets them all the time.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Clarkson suspended, Mclaren on IR, Fraser on IR, Kulemin not a practice... havent been very lucky so far

I'd like to see Ashton out for Devane. Ashton hasn't really done anything so he shouldn't have his lineup spot secured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille