Post-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Toronto HNIC 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Laich assisted on M Nylander's last nhl goal and I think a Laich goal was M Nylander's last assist and now Laich assist Willies first nhl goal. That's pretty cool.

Its a sign! Nylander the Great cometh!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You would rip on Reimer for everything and anything last year. Please be quiet.

Yes, and?

I gave Reimer his credit, and have been critical of Bernier this season as well.

However, blaming Bernier for a goal he had no chance on is a bit ridiculous right? Mike Babchuk is acting like this was another one of Bernier's softies, and he's doing it because he can't get over the fact that Reimer is gone.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I never had any beef with Phaneuf. He worked hard, he tried, he cared. He was just destined to fail in Toronto. Overmatched in Toronto in his role with a crap team behind him.

Hope he does well as a Senator.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Really seemed like Phaneuf cared about the organization as well. Wanted to be apart of the solution.

Had no issue with Phaneuf as a player, and definitely not as a person.

It's his contract term that made us trade him.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Hunwick looked good early on but he's been exposed
Granted he plays the hardest comp( even more then reilly)
But he plays with a great partner yet he's a -9.3% cosri rel
Not only that but he's undersized and gets pushed off the puck easy, only saving grace is his skating
So yeah no defs NOT a top4 dman maybe bottom pairing but I rather carrick and loov there. Loov brings a good hitting game
And carrick does what hunwick can do yet 9 years younger more room to grow and even bigger then him
And if you still think he's not that even giradri has BETTER adv stats then hunwick and we all know how bad he is

I'm perfectly fine with hunny

A 1.2m vet creating sheltered minutes for the kids.

rather that then 3.5 robi or 7m dion.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
After watching last night and the other kids he has to compete with

I just don't see a future here for liepsic and RFA Holly might be playing his last games.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
He has great skill, and is very timid still.

I think that is right. He is watching himself, afraid to screw up. Once he gains some confidence, he will up it another gear.
Shosh? Shades of Bossy and Leach, I know its only two goals but I don't know many rookies who have potted a couple like that so early in their career. Obviously not saying he is that good, but he does have a very impressive shot, accurate, and and excellent idea of when to release it.
Last thought, assuming we draft 4th, I'm thinking we spend every draft pick on defensemen. Or use them to trade for some. Man, we have 2 NHL calibre defensemen, and I don't see anything that impressive from the rest in the NHL or AHL.
And I feel bad for Marincin, he does a ton of small good things, plays ok, and anytime he gives the puck away its buried in our net. :shakehead

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
After watching last night and the other kids he has to compete with

I just don't see a future here for liepsic and RFA Holly might be playing his last games.

You need depth. Leipsic doesn't have to go through waivers next season. We might be in the same sort of situation next year as we are right now --- calling up a lot of youngsters to finish the season.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
We better win the God dam lottery. If we don't, our only thing is to sing Stamkos....

They need defense first. Stamkos is not going to help with that. Would rather get a d man first to make up for Phaneuf, but someone who is not as expensive. Man this team knows how to tank. 1 win in the last like 15 games?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
They need defense first. Stamkos is not going to help with that. Would rather get a d man first to make up for Phaneuf, but someone who is not as expensive. Man this team knows how to tank. 1 win in the last like 15 games?
The execution of the tank has been flawless since the trade deadline. Exciting and competitive games and no points to show for it. Despite that the absolute masters of the tank the Oilers are still uncomfortably near in the standings. Only need some unbiased refereeing and some poor performances from some opposing teams and the Leafs could very quickly find themselves in 29th the way they are playing:)

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Teams have to make their moves when they become available.

If Stamkos is available first, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad