Post-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Toronto HNIC 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Seriously.... Wtf was he supposed to do there? Matin in might as well have scored on us himself, it was that bad.

Don't feed the troll :)

But I'm getting ready for Vancouver to light Reimz up in his sharks debut

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Bernier had an outstanding game. Like the poster up above said, don't feed the trolls

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Berny was pretty solid tonight. That's a good sign.

The perfect thing to happen is for Bernier to be solid, the offence dominate possession and shots, and to lose the game due to defensive miscues by dmen not expected to be around for the end of the rebuild.

Pretty good night.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
The people who go on ad nauseum about falling to 4th never offer any solutions to what we should have done instead. 4th is the least of evils compared to other teams stuck in no man's land, drafting more project players, and having to rush things thru free agency.
We got Marner at 4 and we'll get another good prospect there too. If we're lucky we will get Matthews but this all or nothing approach or wanting wins just to remain on some true fan high horse is just ridiculous.
Yeah, people make a fuss, but there isn't another route to take here. Continue developing players, finish as low as we can and send our top picks to the AHL playoffs. They'll get their success and wins. They don't have to end their year with this team at the bottom.

It's the route we're on. I'd like the at worst situation to be 4th overall. Gives them the absolute best chance at the top 3 and if they miss...such is. Still get a very, very good prospect at 4th. And just continue developing and try to take steps forward next year.

We're not all or nothing in on Matthews. Would he be insane to get? Yeah. But can this rebuild succeed even without the top pick? The answer thankfully is also yes. Try and pick as high as possible and see how it works out.

We got a great game from the kids. Nylander's goal was awesome and same for Soch. That guy can plain shoot. They are getting chances, they are playing without looking overwhelmed, I'm happy with that. I wasn't going to be upset if we won, but I'm not upset about the loss either. Just move on to the next game and hope for a great effort.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
If Bernier can get his SVPCT to .905 or .910 there's a possibility someone will take him in the summer.

Not a bad night at all.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
The Sosh can really shoot!

Great game from the young guys. Nylander beauty first goal too. Top cheddar.

Rebuilding is fun.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Nylander to me looks like he is going to be a top ten player in the league. The way he shoots and controls the play.

Soshnikov though I have never heard of before even though I listen to leafs lunch (now overdrive) every day. This kid has the most unique wickedly fast shot I have ever seen. His goal was beautiful.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, people make a fuss, but there isn't another route to take here. Continue developing players, finish as low as we can and send our top picks to the AHL playoffs. They'll get their success and wins. They don't have to end their year with this team at the bottom.

It's the route we're on. I'd like the at worst situation to be 4th overall. Gives them the absolute best chance at the top 3 and if they miss...such is. Still get a very, very good prospect at 4th. And just continue developing and try to take steps forward next year.

We're not all or nothing in on Matthews. Would he be insane to get? Yeah. But can this rebuild succeed even without the top pick? The answer thankfully is also yes. Try and pick as high as possible and see how it works out.

We got a great game from the kids. Nylander's goal was awesome and same for Soch. That guy can plain shoot. They are getting chances, they are playing without looking overwhelmed, I'm happy with that. I wasn't going to be upset if we won, but I'm not upset about the loss either. Just move on to the next game and hope for a great effort.

I see those points and I agree with them. I'm all for the tank but I just don't like purposely sitting Nylander and Kapanen on the bench for basically a whole period just because we want to lose a game. I saw the kid line out maximum 2 times in the 3rd period. The other 19 minutes was 3rd line-4th line crap outside of Soshnikov..Like I said I'm all for the tank but I'd like to see the kids out more when the game is on the line.

That's what I'm fussing about..I know for sure that Babcock isn't that stupid to put out the 4th line in the O-zone in the 3rd period tied 2-2...no way he's that dumb. I was watching and getting annoyed that Nylander wasn't out there. I just want to see these kids in pressure packed situations and see how they do.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Cc1SqX6W0AA1gAq.jpg

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
if case anyone missed it per cbc, 119.7 km/h shot by sosh

great game by the buds, marincin and hunwick soooo bad though
carrick is an interesting case, i still think he can make it as a bottom pairing dman for the leafs next year

rielly - zaitsev (premature i know)
gardiner - ?
loov? - carrick

corrado
percy
harrington
marincin(hopefully gone)

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
also this talk of picking 4th...can we please talk about Matthews more lol All I read on here is picking 4th..it's annoying

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

carrick is an interesting case, i still think he can make it as a bottom pairing dman for the leafs next year

gardiner - ?
loov? - carrick

corrado
percy
harrington
marincin(hopefully gone)

The way you have it there is pretty much how I see it. I think a couple of prospects, Bozak and / or Kadri will be dealt... hopefully for some defensive depth to fill that 2nd pairing hole.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Babcock should have played the kids in the third. I don't know why he thinks he has better options.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Thought all 6 D struggled tonight, seemed like there was a lot of mixing and matching going on with the pairings, maybe to find a pair that would settle things down?

Thought the 4th line was pretty solid, the only forwards that were getting seriously on my **** were Holland and Grabner. They still seem stuck in that passive, coasting style from the end of last year. With Grabner's speed it seems like he should be an absolute nightmare of a forechecker, and Holland's got some skill and size, but won't keep his feet moving. They need heart transplants from some of the younger guys.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008

Whoa.

gardiner - ?
loov? - carrick

corrado
percy
harrington
marincin(hopefully gone)

Need to infuse a couple vets in there. Hunwick is still under contract, but I'm not sure he helps. Maybe on the bottom pairing.

Need a vet top 4 defenseman to help the kids I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad