Ottawa Sharpshooters lets try this again

YoYoMa

Sep 2, 2015
How many Sharpshooters got drafted yesterday ?

None.....kids who played Sharpshooters are ineligible to be drafted as the draft is for HEO players only. The list of eligible players was posted to the CCHL website.

These kids are considered "free agents" and would be looking for direct invites to CCHL, CHL2 and HEO AAA camps, if so desired.

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
None.....kids who played Sharpshooters are ineligible to be drafted as the draft is for HEO players only. The list of eligible players was posted to the CCHL website.

These kids are considered "free agents" and would be looking for direct invites to CCHL, CHL2 and HEO AAA camps, if so desired.

In the past, how many have made teams?

YoYoMa

Sep 2, 2015
In the past, how many have made teams?

Free Agents or specifically Sharpshooter kids?

From KA tweets I think he mentioned 8 Free Agents made HEO AAA teams last year from the free agent camp. Not 100% sure, but I don't think that includes kids who by-passed the "free agent" camp and went directly to team camps on invites. The number could be more?

Sharpshooter kids, I have no idea???? I think it was their first year in operation just this past season, so its still TBD. Arcjoif6 would have more info.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
How many Sharpshooters got drafted yesterday ?
ha ha you are funny,

you tell me why some of them did not get drafted yesterday,maybe you will be honest and surprise me.

Since you brought up the kids. Contrary to what some of you made them believe, so you could get them on spring teams, the 2000/1999 were ineligible to get drafted

If you think yesterday helped your monopoly on the decision making process, I believe your wrong, all you did was chip away at the mystique that used to surround AAA hockey and Junior Hockey in the area,
So please correct me if I am wrong, if I understand this properly, are you saying players drafted yesterday are closer to playing Junior A , or are better off than the players who played AAA last year. you might be right because players drafted yesterday, can put it on their hockey Resume, but most of the kids that played AAA last year cannot.
how many 99 were not drafted Yesterday.
how many future Junior A Players got drafted, yesterday. time will tell.

you still do not get it, it is not about competing with each other, It is about the kids.
at the end of the Day if Families in my program, want to pursue any avenue they want I will never hold them Back. I just want them to be able make the best choice for themselves.

how many more kids gave up their player rights,

How many Families just added extra $$$$, to an already expensive sport
talk to the people on the ground and ask them about yesterday's draft

the truth will set you free

US.A hockey tried to become restrictive and they lost in court, but at the beginning of the 2000"s, they were less restrictive and the sport kept growing and getting better. Now they have become once again inclusive and the hockey scene is exploding In a good way I believe. It is called evolution. there is no perfect answer, but I would suggest instead of having animosity and finding crude ways to fight what's happening, maybe you should start being inclusive.

P.S you are more than free to ask any of my 1999/2000 families/players if they would fear playing anyone in your Midget Draft. and its not about the winning and losing. It is about confidence and becoming a Productive person in life.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
ha ha you are funny,

you tell me why some of them did not get drafted yesterday,maybe you will be honest and surprise me.

Since you brought up the kids. Contrary to what some of you made them believe, so you could get them on spring teams, the 2000/1999 were ineligible to get drafted

If you think yesterday helped your monopoly on the decision making process, I believe your wrong, all you did was chip away at the mystique that used to surround AAA hockey and Junior Hockey in the area,
So please correct me if I am wrong, if I understand this properly, are you saying players drafted yesterday are closer to playing Junior A , or are better off than the players who played AAA last year. you might be right because players drafted yesterday, can put it on their hockey Resume, but most of the kids that played AAA last year cannot.
how many 99 were not drafted Yesterday.
how many future Junior A Players got drafted, yesterday. time will tell.

you still do not get it, it is not about competing with each other, It is about the kids.
at the end of the Day if Families in my program, want to pursue any avenue they want I will never hold them Back. I just want them to be able make the best choice for themselves.

how many more kids gave up their player rights,

How many Families just added extra $$$$, to an already expensive sport
talk to the people on the ground and ask them about yesterday's draft

the truth will set you free

US.A hockey tried to become restrictive and they lost in court, but at the beginning of the 2000"s, they were less restrictive and the sport kept growing and getting better. Now they have become once again inclusive and the hockey scene is exploding In a good way I believe. It is called evolution. there is no perfect answer, but I would suggest instead of having animosity and finding crude ways to fight what's happening, maybe you should start being inclusive.

P.S you are more than free to ask any of my 1999/2000 families/players if they would fear playing anyone in your Midget Draft. and its not about the winning and losing. It is about confidence and becoming a Productive person in life.

I'm not sure why you would take this question as anything more that an inquiry as to whether any of your players were drafted. If they did not get drafted due to Hockey Canada rules I would suggest simply replying that they were ineligible for the draft as they are not members of Hockey Canada. We would have no way of knowing if any Sharpshooters had applied for reinstatement. No one has made any comment as to who is or is not closer to playing Junior A.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
I am just weird guy

I'm not sure why you would take this question as anything more that an inquiry as to whether any of your players were drafted. If they did not get drafted due to Hockey Canada rules I would suggest simply replying that they were ineligible for the draft as they are not members of Hockey Canada. We would have no way of knowing if any Sharpshooters had applied for reinstatement. No one has made any comment as to who is or is not closer to playing Junior A.

I did not mean as it being mean, meant as educational piece, as for taking it the wrong way, if that was what he was doing I apologize, but it clearly states that a couple posts before about that specific point. and unless it changed in the draft it states where they played the season before. Also patterns emerge on these boards of who is who. So I say if you do not want to be interpreted wrong, do not hide behind one or more tag names. I think I treat people extremely nice, when I know who I am talking to.
last thing is simple , HE COULD OF ASKED WAS ANYBODY DRAFTED FROM THE SHARPSHOOTERS YESTERDAY. but he did not choose to, he used a loaded question.
thank you for the advice no skin

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
more than 8,

Free Agents or specifically Sharpshooter kids?

From KA tweets I think he mentioned 8 Free Agents made HEO AAA teams last year from the free agent camp. Not 100% sure, but I don't think that includes kids who by-passed the "free agent" camp and went directly to team camps on invites. The number could be more?

Sharpshooter kids, I have no idea???? I think it was their first year in operation just this past season, so its still TBD. Arcjoif6 would have more info.

There were more than 8, if you count players that got a try-out to direct camp, I know of 6 personally, also there were kids who got protected and were cut ended of playing on another AAA Team, also kids that got drafted from one team but made another.
As for us it is the first year of operation, and players have attended april camps of cchl teams, cchl prospect camp.
they are basically free agents.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
draft Rules

there are hockey canada rules, and then branch rules, please feel free to correct me, as the rules are not easily accessible. I know this sounds silly but I love to learn and would appreciate more info.
example if you go by past rules, 2000 had to be from heo, 99 could come from anywhere within hockey canada,
this year heo published an eligibility list, unfortunately, I do not know if that was followed, I kept a copy of it, but still have not checked to see if a couple of the out of Zone kids were on the final elegibility list.
But I also would like to know the following ruling if anyone can help.
example 2001 kid gets protected by kanata, but then ends up playing Midget AAA in Cp, who do is Junior rights belong to, because technically according to hockey canada the rules that I could find, in JUniors he would still belong to the original team, but now I am hearing that it has changed, he would now belong to cp. so any clarification would be appreciated.
Just rying to provide families with info.
As for kids that Play in my program, Branch cannot go beyond what Government Competition Bureau and Hockey Canada agreed to. So we are watching carefully to see what is going on.
In the USA they went to court, and Usa hockey easily lost.
In Canada right now, it is like my player took a year off and he just decided to come back to play. as I said before I would never hinder, discourage anyone who wants to play in the CCHL, OHL, USHL, LJMQ, Na, bchl, Mhl etc or go back to any hockey Canada Program, Just want them having all the info.
thank you

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
HE COULD OF ASKED WAS ANYBODY DRAFTED FROM THE SHARPSHOOTERS YESTERDAY. but he did not choose to, he used a loaded question.
thank you for the advice no skin

Why does it matter what day he asked? Your using this board as a place to promote your team, your going to get questions, and they will not always come to your liking. When you start a program outside of Hockey Canada, all kinds of questions will come. If you don't like it, then don't promote. Its a message board, you have no idea whats 'loaded' and whats not.

Again, whats wrong with treating people with respect?

Heres a question, did any of your players from your program attend OHL rookie camps? Where are they headed to play next year?

highwayman

Aug 4, 2015
Angelo,

In viewing the CPJHL's website, noticed a couple of oddities in ownership.

First the ownership in Coldwater is the former owner of the Coldwater, Haliburton and Bobcaygeon teams which it appears the GMHL management revoked their franchises.

The listed President of the Burks Falls team is a David Beauchamp. Would this be the same individual that once owned North Bay Trappers of the NOJHL and after one year relocated to Mattawa where the municipality ended up locking them out of the arena and the league had to revoked their membership and assumed control of the team till new owners were found.

Also Mr. Beauchamp tried to set up camp in Burks Falls last year under the GMHL banner.

Seems some of the teams committed to this league appear to have ties with the GMHL in the past.

Hope the ownership has been thoroughly researched and they have the financial resources to cover any short falls.

Is Norwood, a community 20 minutes east of Peterborough joining the league?

Do remember that when the GMHL started up, the experts predicted a two year time period and then the league would be dissolved. While 10 years later their still going having grown from around 7 teams to near 30 despite having a large turnover of franchises. Still seems groups are interested in jumping on board.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Angelo,

First the ownership in Coldwater is the former owner of the Coldwater, Haliburton and Bobcaygeon teams which it appears the GMHL management revoked their franchises.

The listed President of the Burks Falls team is a David Beauchamp. Would this be the same individual that once owned North Bay Trappers of the NOJHL and after one year relocated to Mattawa where the municipality ended up locking them out of the arena and the league had to revoked their membership and assumed control of the team till new owners were found.

Also Mr. Beauchamp tried to set up camp in Burks Falls last year under the GMHL banner.

Seems some of the teams committed to this league appear to have ties with the GMHL in the past.

Hope the ownership has been thoroughly researched and they have the financial resources to cover any short falls.

Is Norwood, a community 20 minutes east of Peterborough joining the league?

Do remember that when the GMHL started up, the experts predicted a two year time period and then the league would be dissolved. While 10 years later their still going having grown from around 7 teams to near 30 despite having a large turnover of franchises. Still seems groups are interested in jumping on board.

The CJPHL is a spin off from the GMHL. Bryan Elliot was running the Niagara team and himself and 4(?) other teams left the organization to start their own. Thus far it appears as thou they are starting up in an attempt to canabalize or compete with that league. I believe they are now down to 26 teams, losing 8 from last year. Don't have much of an issue with the league, just not sure that anyone will ever go anywhere from it, most players end up going to D3, and I'm pretty sure those players could get those commitments out of midget, pay to play D3 usually isn't overly picky.

Id be concerned about if this league survives, the CIHL was attempting to do the same thing two years ago, and it didn't make it past november.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
another loaded question

Why does it matter what day he asked? Your using this board as a place to promote your team, your going to get questions, and they will not always come to your liking. When you start a program outside of Hockey Canada, all kinds of questions will come. If you don't like it, then don't promote. Its a message board, you have no idea whats 'loaded' and whats not.

Again, whats wrong with treating people with respect?

Heres a question, did any of your players from your program attend OHL rookie camps? Where are they headed to play next year?
just ask around you will get your answer, also are you talking about my fall teams or training wise. and again just ask around, and you will get your answer I am not here to promote myself, The kids put in the work.
Treating people with respect, I totally agree with you, tigers1992, the reason I do not use a hidden tag name, is for that very reason, I live with my mistakes and my choices. respect to me is having a serious discussion about hockey and putting all this passion , incredible minds that are all around us and respecting the families that make up this beautiful sport.
If I am the bad guy I apologise, I am not trying to disrespect anyone, when I know who I am talking too.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
answer as best I can at the moment

Angelo,

You are right, I will let them answer for themselves,
but this was my experience with the Gmhl last year, and I also looked into joining 3 other leagues. but the gmhl in particular, I was going to have to charge kids 9000-10000, a player, and to me that is just crazy.

Yes it is, but you should ask him what happened, you might be surprised, at what has been going on behind the scenes, with many junior leagues in canada trying to have a common front and vision, no matter who gets affected along the way.

Seems some of the teams committed to this league appear to have ties with the GMHL in the past. yes and no
there will be 12 teams
east division 4 central 4 north 4, sorry but I have to let the teams announce,
you will pleasantly surprised.

Hope the ownership has been thoroughly researched and they have the financial resources to cover any short falls. Yes we have, everything will become clearer in the next week or so. it is all about checks and balances.

Is Norwood, a community 20 minutes east of Peterborough joining the league? sorry cannot say. I can only talk about us , now that our parents have been informed

I would not know.

Hi Highwayman I appreciate your honest questions and will answer as best as I can,

First whatever comment you made above, every decision I make, is based what is best for our families. the reason I do not charge a lot is because I believe it lets the parents know that my decisions will not be based on money.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
sorry wish I can say more

The CJPHL is a spin off from the GMHL. Bryan Elliot was running the Niagara team and himself and 4(?) other teams left the organization to start their own. Thus far it appears as thou they are starting up in an attempt to canabalize or compete with that league. I believe they are now down to 26 teams, losing 8 from last year. Don't have much of an issue with the league, just not sure that anyone will ever go anywhere from it, most players end up going to D3, and I'm pretty sure those players could get those commitments out of midget, pay to play D3 usually isn't overly picky.

Id be concerned about if this league survives, the CIHL was attempting to do the same thing two years ago, and it didn't make it past november.
Hi Tigers, no matter what I say, it will not do nothing, the only things I can say is when all teams are announce you might be more open, and the other thing is time will be the biggest convincer, and what I mean by that is actions sometimes are better than words, and unfortunately it will take a season or two to see what we are about.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
just ask around you will get your answer, also are you talking about my fall teams or training wise. and again just ask around, and you will get your answer I am not here to promote myself, The kids put in the work.
Treating people with respect, I totally agree with you, tigers1992, the reason I do not use a hidden tag name, is for that very reason, I live with my mistakes and my choices. respect to me is having a serious discussion about hockey and putting all this passion , incredible minds that are all around us and respecting the families that make up this beautiful sport.
If I am the bad guy I apologise, I am not trying to disrespect anyone, when I know who I am talking too.

You actually do use a hidden name arcjoif6, I for one am not aware of who you are other than that you are somehow associated with this Sharpshooters program. I guess I could google it and figure it out but I can enjoy and respect everyone's thoughts and opinions without knowing their real names....

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
arcjoi6 sharpshooters

You actually do use a hidden name arcjoif6, I for one am not aware of who you are other than that you are somehow associated with this Sharpshooters program. I guess I could google it and figure it out but I can enjoy and respect everyone's thoughts and opinions without knowing their real names....
Hi No skin, the one I used was taken away, because I did not realize I made an account a couple of years back, also I have signed my name to several of my posts,
and what I meant is the people that should be clearly stating what there position is in each endeavor, it would not make their opinion less important, I really believe it is the contrary. I would never attack what someone believes, I rather enjoy discussing, it usually leads to a better solution.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009

I am asking, im asking you. Whats so hard about answering? I'm talking about your Sharpshooters team. You said there where OHL scouts out to see your team, would there not be camp invites extended? Why hide the answer?

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
I am not hiding the answer

I am asking, im asking you. Whats so hard about answering? I'm talking about your Sharpshooters team. You said there where OHL scouts out to see your team, would there not be camp invites extended? Why hide the answer?

Hi Tigers1992, not hiding, I am not here to take advantage of kids accomplishments, It is up to the parent/player to talk about it. also just so you know, there is also another league that borders us the Q. they even sometimes pay for the players training if they are really interested in the player.
last thing please be honest is it as hard as you are making it out to be, in getting a player an invite. because I would love to get into a discussion on what happens in some circumstances, over a coffee of course.
thank you

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Hi Tigers1992, not hiding, I am not here to take advantage of kids accomplishments, It is up to the parent/player to talk about it. also just so you know, there is also another league that borders us the Q. they even sometimes pay for the players training if they are really interested in the player.
last thing please be honest is it as hard as you are making it out to be, in getting a player an invite. because I would love to get into a discussion on what happens in some circumstances, over a coffee of course.
thank you

And Im not asking you to offer players names, simply a #. Heck, if QMJHL invites where given out, then why not share that #. Your not 'taking advantage of anyone', your answering questions (which you said youd be happy do to). Is the answer 0? 20?

Im not making it out to be hard to get an invite at all, Im just asking a question, your making it hard by not answering, and it makes it look like you have something to hide.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
This is all starting to sound a lot like the promises and claims made by the GMHL and the CIHL (there is even a video of GMHL staff saying some of their teams could compete with OHL teams).

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Hi No skin, the one I used was taken away, because I did not realize I made an account a couple of years back, also I have signed my name to several of my posts,
and what I meant is the people that should be clearly stating what there position is in each endeavor, it would not make their opinion less important, I really believe it is the contrary. I would never attack what someone believes, I rather enjoy discussing, it usually leads to a better solution.

How are people to know what your user name used to be or what posts you signed you name to? None of that matters to me, this is a message board where people can feel free to discuss Jr Hockey under any user name they wish, not knowing someone's name should not matter. I think it is better to stick to the topics under discussion, no one is breaking any rules.

I think whatever points you are trying to make get lost a bit by arguing semantics.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
And Im not asking you to offer players names, simply a #. Heck, if QMJHL invites where given out, then why not share that #. Your not 'taking advantage of anyone', your answering questions (which you said youd be happy do to). Is the answer 0? 20?

Im not making it out to be hard to get an invite at all, Im just asking a question, your making it hard by not answering, and it makes it look like you have something to hide.

If he says the number is 0 does that mean OHL scouts were not there? I think the program has only been running for 1 or 2 years. Not sure if any 2000's can even get a try out without being drafted...

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014

not trying to hide it at all, right now if you are who you say you are, then you will understand the fact.
1 it is not my place, it would be a distraction,
2\ again you would know there are some people that discourage that from happening because they have very bad motives.
3\even if you are not who you say who you are ,just look at the posts that followed your question, there are people that have bad intentions, I am not promising anything to promote the program, that a player is part of my program, or just someone who is part of the OSS FAMILY, I will help if i can. but they have to put in the work and set goals, then it is up to them. to prove it just ask around.
thank you

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
here we go with the exagerations

This is all starting to sound a lot like the promises and claims made by the GMHL and the CIHL (there is even a video of GMHL staff saying some of their teams could compete with OHL teams).

We are not the gmhl, cchl, Q, O, W, MHL, SI, ETC we are the CPJHL. we are promising to develop players on and off the ice. the only promise I can make is that I am willing to put in as much work as you(player) are willing to.
EXAMPLE IF YOU WANT TO GET DEVELOPED AND ARE NOT READY FOR THE NEXT LEVEL OF YOUR GOAL COME TO US, IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO PLAY IN THE OHL, Q, W, USHL, NAHL, DO NOT COME TO US, IF YOU CAN PLAY IN JUNIOR A, BUT YOU ARE IN A SYSTEM WHERE YOU WILL NOT GET A LOT OF ICE TIME. or a year or 2 away,come to us, it will save you money and if you are willing to work hard, and put in the effort mentally and physically. and your goal is to get showcased in the US, come to us. if you want to work and go to SCHOOL, locally come to us. If you want a drug free environment come to us. I am not going after players from the cchl, that option is better for a lot of players, I am just offering a different option for the players that are looking for one.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
times of retribution

How are people to know what your user name used to be or what posts you signed you name to? None of that matters to me, this is a message board where people can feel free to discuss Jr Hockey under any user name they wish, not knowing someone's name should not matter. I think it is better to stick to the topics under discussion, no one is breaking any rules.

I think whatever points you are trying to make get lost a bit by arguing semantics.
if you say so, but I should let you know I am not the only one that feels that way, most parents on here just observe, when they make comments they are afraid of retribution. So I guess you are right they should be able to have a tag name. but the people that have a piece of pie on the table. they should not hide behind a tag name. this should be a discussion of opinions and ideas, and what I like is people are starting to not fear retribution anymore, and get to back where hockey should be about the kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad