Speculation: Ottawa Senators willing to trade pick #5

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
What I have gathered from briefly reading through:

1. All offers from Toronto are crap.
2. Pick alone won’t get Tkachuk.
3. Sens clearly have Top 4 in mind and if all are gone come 5, are willing to move down if the price is right because they have a few players they would be comfortable drafting.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
What I have gathered from briefly reading through:

1. All offers from Toronto are crap.
2. Pick alone won’t get Tkachuk.
3. Sens clearly have Top 4 in mind and if all are gone come 5, are willing to move down if the price is right because they have a few players they would be comfortable drafting.

Correct

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sens need to come out with a center with one of their top picks. The are 3 interesting scenarios, from best to worst:

1. Sens draft Byfield at 3
Detroit drafts Perfetti/Drysdale at 4
Sens draft Raymond at 5

2. Sens draft Stutzle at 3
Detroit drafts Raymond/Drysdale at 4
Sens draft Perfetti at 5

3. Sens draft Stutzle at 3
Detroit drafts Perfetti at 4
*Sens still need to draft a C

I could see Sens wanting to trade down at that point to draft Rossi. Best option: trade 5 + 28 to NJD for 7 + 20

Or, if Sens have to draft Stutzle, I could see them try to package a lower pick to Detroit in order to swap 4th and 5th, just so Sens can guarantee Perfetti at 4

Stutzle can play center. Not sure why everyone has decided he's only a winger. I think the Sens are happy at center regardless of which guy they take.

BPA at 5 regardless of position.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Sure. Not sure why Montreal trades Domi for a 5th round pick though.
Might as well, I see no future for him on the Habs (Suzuki, Poehling, Kotka, Danault, etc.). The Habs trade a young C/winger for a potential future 30-40 goal scorer. Domi can find a nice niche in Ottawa. He would become a Habs killer but with Caufield and Suzuki, he will surely be forgotten. BargainBin however won't see that way.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Does Eugene even have the cash to pay for these RFAs?

Did you read what I wrote? It’s better for Ottawa to draft a player at 5 and not have to pay them much on their entry level contract than trade for Domi and give him a raise as an RFA. Also, Domi isn’t worth the 5th overall pick anyway. Ottawa wouldn’t make that deal.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Did you read what I wrote? It’s better for Ottawa to draft a player at 5 and not have to pay them much on their entry level contract than trade for Domi and give him a raise as an RFA. Also, Domi isn’t worth the 5th overall pick anyway. Ottawa wouldn’t make that deal.
What is Domi worth anyway according to you?

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
If Domi is worth so much why is Montreal trying to trade him ? Is he just so good they think it's unfair to have him ?
Because he doesn't want to play on the wing and I agree by shopping him around, it lowers his value. Montreal has young and upcoming centers.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The way things are going in Ottawa, a player like Domi would be a blessing. No other team will offer more for that 5th pick unless Ottawa takes on salary which won't happen.

First of all, you don’t know that someone won’t beat that offer, that’s your opinion. Secondly, I’d rather just keep the pick than trade it for Domi. Ottawa doesn’t need to trade that pick, so thanks but no thanks.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
First of all, you don’t know that someone won’t beat that offer, that’s your opinion. Secondly, I’d rather just keep the pick than trade it for Domi. Ottawa doesn’t need to trade that pick, so thanks but no thanks.
You sound like you are the Ottawa GM. We are just exchanging opinions. No need to get so upset.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
You sound like you are the Ottawa GM. We are just exchanging opinions. No need to get so upset.

When did I get upset? I just don’t feel that’s a good offer for the 5th pick. I think Domi is good when he’s at his best, but I wouldn’t move a top five pick for him, that’s all.

It takes a big offer for teams to consider moving a top five pick. Your offer just isn’t good enough to me. No hard feelings or anything.

Reactions: Altimus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad