Speculation: Ottawa Senators willing to trade pick #5

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Ottawa Senators Chief Amateur Scout Says that they’d be willing to trade the 5th pick, depending on what happens with picks 1-4.

If this is true would the Senators be interested in uniting the Tkachuk brothers.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Ottawa Senators Chief Amateur Scout Says that they’d be willing to trade the 5th pick, depending on what happens with picks 1-4.

If this is true would the Senators be interested in uniting the Tkachuk brothers.
No thanks, not sure why we would move Tkachuk for a maybe.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Why the f*** would we give up Mathew Tkachuk for a magic bean in the hopes it becomes as good as he is?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
What will be the add for the Jets 10th pick?
To move to 5th.

I think it really depends. Seems there are multiple schools of thought in terms of what the groupings are like. If we see 5-12 as having very little gap, and think we can get our guy at 10, I think we'd entertain it... but if we see a clear top 8 and don't think any of them will be available at 10, I think the plus would need to be rather huge.

I would do 5 + Brannstrom for 10 + Ehlers for sure but hard to think of a different deal that works

#13 + Dominik Bokk or Jake Bean

Not remotely close. I like Bean a lot and maybe someone falls to 13 who I have ranked in my top 8, but I wouldnt be willing to bet on it just on the basis of adding Bean.

Reactions: PhilJets

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
Sens need to come out with a center with one of their top picks. The are 3 interesting scenarios, from best to worst:

1. Sens draft Byfield at 3
Detroit drafts Perfetti/Drysdale at 4
Sens draft Raymond at 5

2. Sens draft Stutzle at 3
Detroit drafts Raymond/Drysdale at 4
Sens draft Perfetti at 5

3. Sens draft Stutzle at 3
Detroit drafts Perfetti at 4
*Sens still need to draft a C

I could see Sens wanting to trade down at that point to draft Rossi. Best option: trade 5 + 28 to NJD for 7 + 20

Or, if Sens have to draft Stutzle, I could see them try to package a lower pick to Detroit in order to swap 4th and 5th, just so Sens can guarantee Perfetti at 4

Reactions: viper0220

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Sens need to come out with a center with one of their top picks. The are 3 interesting scenarios, from best to worst:

1. Sens draft Byfield at 3
Detroit drafts Perfetti/Drysdale at 4
Sens draft Raymond at 5

2. Sens draft Stutzle at 3
Detroit drafts Raymond/Drysdale at 4
Sens draft Perfetti at 5

3. Sens draft Stutzle at 3
Detroit drafts Perfetti at 4
*Sens still need to draft a C

I could see Sens wanting to trade down at that point to draft Rossi. Best option: trade 5 + 28 to NJD for 7 + 20

Or, if Sens have to draft Stutzle, I could see them try to package a lower pick to Detroit in order to swap 4th and 5th, just so Sens can guarantee Perfetti at 4

Would it not make sense for the Sens to get a D?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I think it really depends. Seems there are multiple schools of thought in terms of what the groupings are like. If we see 5-12 as having very little gap, and think we can get our guy at 10, I think we'd entertain it... but if we see a clear top 8 and don't think any of them will be available at 10, I think the plus would need to be rather huge.

I would do 5 + Brannstrom for 10 + Ehlers for sure but hard to think of a different deal that works

Not remotely close. I like Bean a lot and maybe someone falls to 13 who I have ranked in my top 8, but I wouldnt be willing to bet on it just on the basis of adding Bean.

Likely not something we’d want to pay.
Besides, I’d rather have #3 and a chance for Byfield

Looks like it.

So i'm gonna hang up the phone now :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad