Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators part ways with assistant GM Trent Mann (mod warning post 128)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That’s pretty expected with what’s happened in the past 6 months.

We will hear about a lawsuit I’m sure from his brother in the coming months.

Unfortunate, he’s one of the few good pieces in the organization.

Curious if he resigned or was fired.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Would be curious to know the reason but the entire management staff will be changed at some point, probably at the end of the year.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Was he in the pictures of the brass at Dev camp with Andlauer? Don’t think so right? You’d think the AGM responsible for the draft would have been there, writing was on the wall

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I'm curious as to how many posters who were singing his praises just a couple weeks ago will now turn around and say he was never any good anyway and tricked Dorion into picking Tyler Boucher?
Always focused about posters on here. Just be happy!

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I'm curious as to how many posters who were singing his praises just a couple weeks ago will now turn around and say he was never any good anyway and tricked Dorion into picking Tyler Boucher?
Does it really matter? They're going to turn over this entire front office - with the possible exception of Bowness.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't think our drafting has been that bad, but I've seen some horror shows in other organizations out there.

My major issues with management of the team's personnel is generally fixed on our free agent signings and trades.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Was he in the pictures of the brass at Dev camp with Andlauer? Don’t think so right? You’d think the AGM responsible for the draft would have been there, writing was on the wall
Trent Mann was at the Development Camp on that balcony, they are always there. He has been at every camp I have attended since he's been with the organization along with the other scouts situated in Ottawa. Nice guy. very approachable.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Remember, Dorion is the ultimate decision-maker, so drafting Boucher was his fault.

Keep in mind though that it was easy to draft Tkachuk and Sanderson because the scouts do all the real work.

Trent Mann was at the Development Camp on that balcony, they are always there. He has been at every camp I have attended since he's been with the organization along with the other scouts situated in Ottawa. Nice guy. very approachable.

Troy Mann was fired a few months ago. I always wondered if this was inevitable or whether this is just a generalized house cleaning.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I do find it interesting that Andlauer said they would quickly come to a settlement over the way Dorion fired Troy, which I assumed meant they wanted to keep Trent happy.

If Trent is gone, then does it mean that Dorion is sticking around?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad