Prospect Info: Ottawa Senators Development Camp 2023

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Remember when Dzingel was still going to Dev camp before he made the permanent jump? He was completely dominating.

Seems like so long ago. But the older guys in these camps SHOULD be dominating. It's good to see guys like Kleven and Halliday doing just that.

The difference between being 21-22 and 18-19 is huge for a lot of kids.

That’s not a quote by him btw. He said something about getting his toes wet and that it will be good (at the very end) but he didn’t say “it’ll just be nice to get my toes wet”.
Just saying. Cause you never know who or how thing will get read. Either way, poor journalism misquoting someone.

Let's just hope getting his toes wet doesn't result in another injury. Guy NEEDS to stay healthy.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Way to go Pierre.
PHARAPHRASING “All you guys have talent. But what puts the REAL nhl players above everyone else is hard work. The hardest working player is Tyler Kleven.” Applause

Manages to crush everyone else’s dreams :)
Or gives them something to aim for.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Nobody was affected either way but he was his bumbling and fumbling self speaking there.

Maybe it is knowing there is a camera. Hopefully he can speak normally when he isn't being recorded.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Nobody was affected either way but he was his bumbling and fumbling self speaking there.

Maybe it is knowing there is a camera. Hopefully he can speak normally when he isn't being recorded.
Who cares. Very few people are smooth in front of cameras and could withstand the level of scrutiny levied in here constantly. I like that PD shares his feelings instead of constant canned answers, awkward or not it’s authentic.

He lack charisma, no doubt, but this (all) online community is built around anonymous fumblers, most of whom would wilt if they had to share opinons in public.

In my opinion it’s an embarrassing position to take against people who have to do it, very poor form (not you in particular, but that vein of insult in general). :)

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just heard Dorion at development camp say he had to get an agent, he's never had one before. Not sure why though? Boo Boo was there today as well & when somebody asked what was happening he said not much going on right now, kind of quiet.

Surprisingly a good number of people at development camp this afternoon, not many big name prospects except for some of the guys we already know about, Kleven, Ostapchuk, Boucher & Merilainen. Lots of very big players at camp, just before the practise started there was Kleven, Halliday, Boucher & Ostapchuk passing the puck around.

Biggest surprise today for me was Halliday. I thought he was lazy, slow & disinterested at last yr's development camp & then he went on as an overager to have a very good yr at OS, shows you what I know. This yr he's a completely different player, works hard, much faster & so much more determined, he is a completely different & a much improved player to me. He's 21 yrs old so old enough to go to the AHL & a left shot, maybe they move him to LW, not sure if he is going back to school or not.
Nordberg had the goal of the day with a beautiful deke, but it was at the other end & I didn't get to see the finish, but all the players cheered which is always a good sign of a nice play. As he was celebrating he wiped out in the corner haha. Kleven at my end made a nice between the legs (Tkachuk) play & scored, he handles the puck very well for his size. Petersson just looks like a hockey player, he has decent size, handles the puck well, has a really hard shot & skates well. He seems to be a cerebral player who is always in control & looks for the play to come to him & then when an opportunity presents itself takes off.

I really liked Oliver Johansson LW today too, he looks like a very skilled player. He was part of a tandem today with Nordberg on a drill against two other guys where they made a really nice passing play to the net & Johansson put a really nice shot under pressure top shelf, a pretty skilled play. I liked Johansson, Nordberg, Kleven, Halliday & Petersson today, these three Swedes will be interesting to keep track of. Always fun to see the figure skating coach who is about 4' tall yelling at hockey players who tower over her lol.

Thank you for giving us detailed Dev camp breakdowns each year. Always look forward to your thoughts

Thanks again :)

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
After development camp:

1. Greig
2. Kleven
3. Merilainen
4. Ostapchuk
5. Sogaard
6. Halliday
7. Thomson
8. Guenette
9. Jarventie
10. Crookshank

for our top 10 prospects (Not counting JBD here since he's played more than 25 games).

Last edited:

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Might of missed it skimming through the previous pages, but why is Boucher not participating?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad