Prospect Info: Ottawa Senators Development Camp 2023

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Some scrappy invites to this camp. Including Tyler Thorpe, Tyler Savard, Connor Clattenburg and Djibril Toure.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Looks like he needs to work on his balance, but at 6'7 203 lbs that should happen as he fills out his frame.

I really hope the Sens sign Djibril Toure, he is a classic late bloomer. Good story.

Big, can skate, physical and is mean. he has a really good story to boot. He is without a doubt worthy of a contract In my opinion.
Here he is mic'd up:

Here is an article about his story:
Wolf Tracks: Toure’s inspirational rise

Reactions: DrEasy

GoMyTeam

Aug 20, 2017
Don't know how official the heights on there are but Boucher, Ostapchuk and some others are taller than last years camp.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Man, that group might be one of the weakest dev camp rosters I've seen since the mid 00's when I started following them.
I think last year's was worse when you account for the fact that Sanderson was injured and didn't participate in any of the on-ice stuff.

Not that this is a very strong group, but they've done a better job with the invites this year. Mercer, Bavaro, Toure, Bourash and Burbidge are all guys who have decent shots at getting NHL contracts somewhere down the line.

They also have a bunch of their own drafts attending that didn't last year [Merilainen, Kleven, Nordberg].

Reactions: Bileur

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Bronson Ride D 38gp -42
Ouch. He’s tall though.

Interested to see whitcomb

Last edited:

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Man, that group might be one of the weakest dev camp rosters I've seen since the mid 00's when I started following them.
I usually go down and watch the final camp scrimmage, but I think I'll skip it this year. There's no flashy new prospect I want to see. Anyone who goes to the 3 on 3, I expect a full scouting report on who looked good. :)

Reactions: Dionysus

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
They used to have a 5 on 5 scrimmage that was streamed. It doesn't look like they're doing that anymore, which is a shame. The 3 on 3 is hard to watch and doesn't really tell you much.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Development Camp Roster:
Forwards

***** LW ***** C ***** RW
Ostapchuk - Beckner - Boucher
Johansson - Halliday - Petersson
Savard - Dyck - O'Neil
Martin - Burbidge - Van Tassel
Clattenburg - Fizer - Thorpe
Rolofs LW - Whitcomb LW - Bourash RW

Defence
Hamara LD - Bavaro RD
Donovan LD - Stanley RD
Kleven LD - Toure RD
Norberg LD - Walberg LD
Vaisanen LD - Ride LD
Mansini LD - Carlisle LD
Daviault LD

Goalies
Merilainen - Reidler
Mercer - Schenkel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I just heard Dorion at development camp say he had to get an agent, he's never had one before. Not sure why though? Boo Boo was there today as well & when somebody asked what was happening he said not much going on right now, kind of quiet.

Surprisingly a good number of people at development camp this afternoon, not many big name prospects except for some of the guys we already know about, Kleven, Ostapchuk, Boucher & Merilainen. Lots of very big players at camp, just before the practise started there was Kleven, Halliday, Boucher & Ostapchuk passing the puck around.

Biggest surprise today for me was Halliday. I thought he was lazy, slow & disinterested at last yr's development camp & then he went on as an overager to have a very good yr at OS, shows you what I know. This yr he's a completely different player, works hard, much faster & so much more determined, he is a completely different & a much improved player to me. He's 21 yrs old so old enough to go to the AHL & a left shot, maybe they move him to LW, not sure if he is going back to school or not.
Nordberg had the goal of the day with a beautiful deke, but it was at the other end & I didn't get to see the finish, but all the players cheered which is always a good sign of a nice play. As he was celebrating he wiped out in the corner haha. Kleven at my end made a nice between the legs (Tkachuk) play & scored, he handles the puck very well for his size. Petersson just looks like a hockey player, he has decent size, handles the puck well, has a really hard shot & skates well. He seems to be a cerebral player who is always in control & looks for the play to come to him & then when an opportunity presents itself takes off.

I really liked Oliver Johansson LW today too, he looks like a very skilled player. He was part of a tandem today with Nordberg on a drill against two other guys where they made a really nice passing play to the net & Johansson put a really nice shot under pressure top shelf, a pretty skilled play. I liked Johansson, Nordberg, Kleven, Halliday & Petersson today, these three Swedes will be interesting to keep track of. Always fun to see the figure skating coach who is about 4' tall yelling at hockey players who tower over her lol.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I just heard Dorion at development camp say he had to get an agent, he's never had one before. Not sure why though? Boo Boo was there today as well & when somebody asked what was happening he said not much going on right now, kind of quiet.

Surprisingly a good number of people at development camp this afternoon, not many big name prospects except for some of the guys we already know about, Kleven, Ostapchuk, Boucher & Merilainen. Lots of very big players at camp, just before the practise started there was Kleven, Halliday, Boucher & Ostapchuk passing the puck around.

Biggest surprise today for me was Halliday. I thought he was lazy, slow & disinterested at last yr's development camp & then he went on as an overager to have a very good yr at OS, shows you what I know. This yr he's a completely different player, works hard, much faster & so much more determined, he is a completely different & a much improved player to me. He's 21 yrs old so old enough to go to the AHL & a left shot, maybe they move him to LW, not sure if he is going back to school or not.
Nordberg had the goal of the day with a beautiful deke, but it was at the other end & I didn't get to see the finish, but all the players cheered which is always a good sign of a nice play. As he was celebrated he wiped out in the corner haha. Kleven at my end made a nice between the legs (Tkachuk) play & scored, he handles the puck very well for his size. Petersson just looks like a hockey player, he has decent size, handles the puck well, has a really hard shot & skates well. He seems to be a cerebral player who is always in control & looks for the play to come to him & then when an opportunity presents itself takes off.

I really liked Oliver Johansson LW today too, he looks like a very skilled player. He was part of a tandem today with Nordberg on a drill against two other guys where they made a really nice passing play to the net & Johansson put a really nice shot under pressure top shelf, a pretty skilled play. I liked Johansson, Nordberg, Kleven, Halliday & Petersson today, these three Swedes will be interesting to keep track of. Always fun to see the figure skating coach who is about 4' tall yelling at hockey players who tower over her lol.
Probably wise

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Any Info on the big defenders Toure, and Ride? How’d they look?
Toure is huge, he was on the rink with the figure skating coach doing drills when I went over to that rink. I can't remember which side I saw Ride, sorry but if I get back there I will try & look for him. They have a number of very big prospects at this camp.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Toure is huge, he was on the rink with the figure skating coach doing drills when I went over to that rink. I can't remember which side I saw Ride, sorry but if I get back there I will try & look for him. They have a number of very big prospects at this camp.

Yeah… you sure you don’t work for the Sens?

Must be paradise for you :laugh:

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad