GDT: Ottawa Senators at Philadelphia Flyers - 1PM - TSN5/RDS2 - Moms I would like to.... have their sons win Edition

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Any word on who is coming out? Sounds like it will be a winger, so, Kubalik? Kelly has been playing too well to get cut, I guess one of Chartier or Kastelic could come out
Kubalik or Kastelic imo could be either one.. but the desire to trade Kubalik could influence that. Charts has played to well to pull out imo and more valuable to the PK...

Well lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens PK% over the past 5 games 87.5 ; 81.48 last 10; 73.33 for the Season.

In game adjustments. Nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flamingo

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Kubalik out with a convenient minor hip injury

giphy.gif

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So have we hit the ideal lineup?

Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux
Joseph-Stützle-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kelly-Kastelic-Chartier

Sanderson -Zub
Chabot-JBD
Chychrun- Brannstrom

Sogaard/Korpisalo
I'd put Chartier at C and Kasty on the wing. but yeah as good as its been; Let's hope the effort level and attention to detail carries over from yesterday

Pulling Brannstrom for Hamonic?

Last edited:
  • Haha

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'd put Chartier at C and Kasty on the wing. but yeah as good as its been; Let's hope the effort level and attention to detail carries over from yesterday
Too lazy to look up the handedness, but i think id prefer kelly, chartier and macewen over kastelik.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
At some point I would like to see Greig centering a line with Kubalik (this did happen earlier in the year). I've mentioned before how Kubalik needs a playmaker centering him, and Greig is the closest to one we have after Stutzle.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Fair enough, and I hope you're right. But it doesnt explain why they did the same thing in previous years under Smith.
Never in his time with the team did DJ have this team playing the way they have for the last 5 or so games.

DJ relied on the kids out scoring their problems. JM is relying on the kids playing with consistent structure.

Night and day difference

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Never in his time with the team did DJ have this team playing the way they have for the last 5 or so games.

DJ relied on the kids out scoring their problems. JM is relying on the kids playing with consistent structure.

Night and day difference
There was a stretch i think 2-3 years ago where the sens were picking off a ton of the best teams in the league. I remember we had wins against almost all of the top 10 teams in the standings, which no other team could say at that time.

I love the style they're playing now, but they had some success under DJ too. It was always just so late in the season that nobody cared.

I hope they keep this up and don't revert, but i want to see a lot more of it first.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Any word on who is coming out? Sounds like it will be a winger, so, Kubalik? Kelly has been playing too well to get cut, I guess one of Chartier or Kastelic could come out

I’ll say Kastelic just because they are probably trying to hold the value of Kubalik and get him traded for a late round pick.

But Kubalik deserves to come out - Kasty has a future with this team on the 4th line

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So have we hit the ideal lineup?

Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux
Joseph-Stützle-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Tarasenko
Kelly-Kastelic-Chartier

Sanderson -Zub
Chabot-JBD
Chychrun- Brannstrom

Sogaard/Korpisalo
I wouldn't be breaking up any of the top 3 lines at this point. The teams playing well, keep things consistent. They can ease Pinto in move Chartier to lw. There will be an injury to the top 9 at some point he can move up then.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I didn't think either Branny or Kastelic deserved to be scratched after the past two games. Would have liked to see just Pinto added without the other changes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Happy to see Greig with Stutzle and Batherson... I think Norris would fit nicely there as well if he can't bring the Jam we've seen from Greig between Tkachuk and Giroux. Joseph Pinto Tarasenko.. will be fine.. I do expect Pinto to take a couple games... its tough to start mid-season.

I think we'll see some rotation on that 4th line RW while they have 14 forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1