Kanata
My ideal lines right now would be:

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Conacher
Zibanejad-Pageau-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
i'll be in kingston so ill miss this one but go sens gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
What I'd like to see (with the current roster).

Conacher - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Smith - Da Costa (rather Zib) - Neil

I'd like to see what conacher could add to the top line and what michalek playing on his preferred wing against weaker lines could do.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Gotta watch out for MP22, and of course Silf appearing out of thin air and putting the puck in the net. Fowler looking good, so this will be hard.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
What I'd like to see (with the current roster).

Conacher - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Smith - Da Costa (rather Zib) - Neil

Yea ID like this too, I noticed in last nights game that the Macarthur-Turris-Conacher line was having a hard time defensively against the bigger SJ forwards, I see that as a potential problem against almost all the teams in the nhl. All Michalek has to do is stay in front of the net and that line will get some goals and win more battles along the boards. Conacher fits in any line sine he is not afraid to go to the net and works hard, all lines seem to have good enough size and speed in it.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Temporary West Coast Fix:

Greening-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Conacher
Michalek-Pageau-Condra
Smith-SDC-Neil

I believe Greening needs a boost - he has been the most invisible player thus far into the season.

Michalek is constantly working hard, but he seems to be lacking chemistry on the top line. I believe, until everybody is at an acceptable form, that Maclean should try the hardworking Michalek with the duo of Pageau and Condra. Not only does the 3rd line get a boost with Michalek, but this can be the hardest working line on the forecheck. Michalek will still have 1st line PP duties.

Allow SDC a few straight games with the same linemates (Neil and Smith). That line just materialized yesterday and they need time to gel. That said, I don’t know what Murray’s plans are with SDC, who does not seem to have a long-term future here in Ottawa. Hopefully we see some player movements in November, with Zibanejad coming back up.

TheOriginalSilf*

MacArthur - Spezza - Ryan
Michalek - Turris - Conacher
Greening - Pageau - Zibanejad
Condra - Smith - Neil

:dunno:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Ryan-Spezza-Conacher
MacArthur-Turris-Michalek
Greening-Zibanejad-Neil
Smith-Pageau-Condra

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I think this game will tell us more than the others so far about what this team is made of. They are coming off a tough loss against a great team, and playing the second of back to back games on a brutal road trip. It is either suck it up or fold, with not a lot of room in between.

I'm betting the Sens play a great game, and I'm picking them to win 5-3.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I mentioned it in the Bobby Ryan thread, but I'll say it again here: Michalek's style of play just doesn't mesh with Spezza - Ryan. Michalek does everything at top speed, whereas Spezza - Ryan try to slow the game down. Michalek has been reduced to simply being the muscle on that line, and while because of his size/work ethic he does a decent job at that role, it really isn't his forte.

Everyone is saying we should try Greening - Spezza - Ryan, and I 100% agree. Greening can be that buzzsaw, while freeing up Michalek to play with some faster/more explosive skaters.

Greening - Spezza - Ryan
Michalek - Turris - Conacher

In my mind that's a much more balanced top 6. Turris and Conacher create much more in transition, and will be able to use Michalek's breakaway speed. He also provides them with significantly more size/strength than MacArthur.

Maybe so, but MacArthur is playing very well with Turris.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
In my mind that's a much more balanced top 6. Turris and Conacher create much more in transition, and will be able to use Michalek's breakaway speed. He also provides them with significantly more size/strength than MacArthur.

Lol, don't kill me.

MacArthur has been much faster, stronger, gritter and skilled than Michalek so far.

I would want to try MacArthur on the top line but not after trying Conacher cause MacArthur-Turris have been realll good together.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I think the SJ game is a key point in the season. I'd be happy to re-show it after the Ducks game if you like. Here is my reasoning:

1. 47 save performance by Lehner. Much as I don't believe he's ready for 20-game season I still think he played well and made a lot of saves.

2. This was the first home game since Hertl was hot dogging and showing up the Rangers and let's not forget Thornton facing criticism for his remarks.

3. Controversial penalties and missed calls by the refs. We could even hear the ref shout very clearly "HERTL WATCH YOUR HANDS" as he bear-hugged 9MM, but yet 9MM was called for tripping leading to Marleau's game-tying pp goal. Then, Spetsa takes an undisciplined penalty, albeit extremely marginal, to allow Burns to pick up the 3rd period winner.

4. Ottawa has been waiting for Bobby Ryan to produce more and he would be key in this game with the Sharks star top 2 lines and burgeoning youth on the defense, 3rd, and 4th lines.

5. CBC has by far the clearest broadcasts in the NHL, and their audio is second to none. Combine that with a sold out Shark Tank and one of the best broadcasters in the business and colour analysts (DB has been fairly criticised lately for spending too much time talking in general instead of calling the game but he was spot on during this game). I think SJ has one of the best crowds.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I think the SJ game is a key point in the season. I'd be happy to re-show it after the Ducks game if you like. Here is my reasoning:

1. 47 save performance by Lehner. Much as I don't believe he's ready for 20-game season I still think he played well and made a lot of saves.

1. Lehner is ready for 40+

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Remember this beauty, cuz.

MainDotC said:
I wish they'd start Lehner so he'll get lit up with 5 goals in the 1st everyone would get a glimpse what what swiss cheese that guy is.

Agreed on everything else, though.

Yea, San Jose at home is ridiculously tough to play in. Most underrated arena and crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad