GDT: Ottawa @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Bummer. Gaudreau had the goalie dead to rights on his chance but missed his spot, ah well atleast it was mostly a good game against the best bad team on paper

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Tex nice work

He's looked like a special player again lately. Probably just getting his confidence back after a rough stretch this season.

The full slapper in the SO cracks me up.

It looked like Merzlikins was expecting the wind up to be a fake, it usually is.

Giroux said on the Sens broadcast that the ice was bad so he didn't want to do a stick handling move.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I had a buddy of mine go ice cold on breakaways my senior year of high school and we convinced him to do a slap shot once he got to the hash marks next time he got a breakaway.

He scored. Pure genius suggestion:pickle:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Quite a lightening show here at the northern-most tip of Columbus
yeah. My house is about to get hit by the 2nd wave in Worthington. Downtown was bone dry when the game let out. I think the worst of this is mostly going South of Worthington but the first wave must have stayed north.

Getting a bit of wind and rain right now. I'll just sit here and sip my bourbon waiting for it to pass but definitely quite a bit of thunder and lightning.

He's looked like a special player again lately. Probably just getting his confidence back after a rough stretch this season.

It looked like Merzlikins was expecting the wind up to be a fake, it usually is.

Giroux said on the Sens broadcast that the ice was bad so he didn't want to do a stick handling move.
Yeah, you don't expect the clapper in a shootout for sure. Not much you can do to defend it really. especially when it's placed perfectly like it was.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
^^^
Yeah, a slapshot on a breakaway, you just have to try and position yourself..... can't really react to it.
And Giroux hit the top corner perfect.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Both of these teams are bad at hockey.
That's what I thought most of the game. These are 2 bad hockey teams aking eachother look better than they really are. Ottawa has much more offensive talent however. Maybe just because they are healthier. They seemed to have better puck movement and scoring opportunities.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's what I thought most of the game. These are 2 bad hockey teams aking eachother look better than they really are. Ottawa has much more offensive talent however. Maybe just because they are healthier. They seemed to have better puck movement and scoring opportunities.

Ottawa has more elite offensive talent than 3/4 of the league. They're a textbook example of why that doesn't equate to being a great team. Buffalo and New Jersey are also showing how that works.

Reactions: LJ7 and Cowumbus

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa has more elite offensive talent than 3/4 of the league. They're a textbook example of why that doesn't equate to being a great team. Buffalo and New Jersey are also showing how that works.
Well both teams are similar. Offensive talent. Not much defensive talent. and whole lot of failed (so far) current and former CBJ goaltending.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Boone wastes no time.

Ok gang…..Moe’s over/under for tonight - Boone 22 minutes TOI
I have to say my over/under line was pretty good as Boone played 21:52 albeit with an OT included. I think Pazzy can get him there next game even without OT.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I had a buddy of mine go ice cold on breakaways my senior year of high school and we convinced him to do a slap shot once he got to the hash marks next time he got a breakaway.

He scored. Pure genius suggestion:pickle:
When I played jr hockey in Wisconsin we had this kid from Boston on our team that still used wood sticks and had the hardest shot I've ever faced as a goalie and there would be times he'd do that on a breakaway in practice and sometimes I'd just let him score rather than putting my body in front of that shot. When he could actually hit the net that is.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
When I played jr hockey in Wisconsin we had this kid from Boston on our team that still used wood sticks and had the hardest shot I've ever faced as a goalie and there would be times he'd do that on a breakaway in practice and sometimes I'd just let him score rather than putting my body in front of that shot. When he could actually hit the net that is.
Was his name Happy?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Those guys who shot as hard as they could all the time in practice must have been difficult to deal with as a goalie. Probably wanted to give them a two hander every time they passed your crease.

Speaking of doing evil to goalies, the guy I mentioned who was having trouble scoring on breakaways and I used to shoot little flimsy wristers at our starting goalie's head during shoot-a-rounds. These things probably never went more than 25 mph and couldn't cause injury, but they annoyed the crap out of him. We were all three really good friends and it was understood that we were just being PITAs.

I'm LMAO as I'm typing this. Ah, memories!

Reactions: EspenK

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3