GDT: Ottawa @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Debating finding a cheap single for tonight vs going to see Dune II. Leaning toward the sand worms.
It be more expensive to go watch Dune tonight. I am so annoyed I had work responsibilities to do Tuesday instead of heading to polaris for cheap movie day.

Anyways...

"Soon you will see things with Columbus more horrible than you can imagine than just getting decimated by injuries and taking away players from Cleveland"

*Looks at the Pens getting their entire truckload of bobbleheads stolen for tonight's game as their team craters before the inevitable long term rebuild (until they are gifted #1 picks in 25/26)*

"Ok well maybe not that horrible but still pretty bad"

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
It be more expensive to go watch Dune tonight. I am so annoyed I had work responsibilities to do Tuesday instead of heading to polaris for cheap movie day.

Anyways...

"Soon you will see things with Columbus more horrible than you can imagine than just getting decimated by injuries and taking away players from Cleveland"

*Looks at the Pens getting their entire truckload of bobbleheads stolen for tonight's game as their team craters before the inevitable long term rebuild (until they are gifted #1 picks in 25/26)*

"Ok well maybe not that horrible but still pretty bad"
Dubas certainly took a job in hard mode. The conditions on their first are crazy. They can choose to keep it this year in the top 10 but risk losing a very high pick next year if they do, like what happened to San Jose in the first Karlsson trade (and also Ottawa in the Duchene trade). It's grim either way. Not that I'd be sad to see Pittsburgh impede their own rebuild, but eesh, what an ugly predicament for them.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’ll be pulling for the Jackets but if Elvis gets bombed again I certainly won’t care. His comments in Porty’s column today just about seals my unfavorable opinion of the guy - his attitude along with his inconsistent play.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I’ll be pulling for the Jackets but if Elvis gets bombed again I certainly won’t care. His comments in Porty’s column today just about seals my unfavorable opinion of the guy - his attitude along with his inconsistent play.
Fill me in plz

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Fill me in plz
Here’s the excerpt that got my attention, focusing on the second and third paragraphs:

Elvis didn’t deserve to come out, whatsoever,” Vincent said. “But sometimes you make decisions for the team, and unfortunately at that time, it was the only option.”

Merzlikins concurred. He took the blame for only one of the goals, he said.

“I definitely do not see what more I could have done, except maybe that one-timer shot (by Slafkovsky),” Merzlikins said. “That was my first shot of the game, literally. OK, I’ll take that. But the other two goals, I have no answer for you, because there was nothing you could do.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Games like this tonight against Ottawa are the games CBJ fans live for. Since we're long removed from any playoff scenario, all we have is to finish with as bad of a record as we can and hopefully that will get us a great player.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Here’s the excerpt that got my attention, focusing on the second and third paragraphs:

Elvis didn’t deserve to come out, whatsoever,” Vincent said. “But sometimes you make decisions for the team, and unfortunately at that time, it was the only option.”

“I definitely do not see what more I could have done, except maybe that one-timer shot (by Slafkovsky),” Merzlikins said. “That was my first shot of the game, literally. OK, I’ll take that. But the other two goals, I have no answer for you, because there was nothing you could do.
Thank you

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Games like this tonight against Ottawa are the games CBJ fans live for. Since we're long removed from any playoff scenario, all we have is to finish with as bad of a record as we can and hopefully that will get us a great player.
We have enough good players and prospects. Now we MUST learn to win!!!

Reactions: pete goegan

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Boone wastes no time.

Ok gang…..Moe’s over/under for tonight - Boone 22 minutes TOI

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

He's not wrong.

If you want to talk about bad goals, that Jenner goal that Forsberg missed was egregious in my book. He never tracked the pick and just slid by.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
He's not wrong.

If you want to talk about bad goals, that Jenner goal that Forsberg missed was egregious in my book. He never tracked the pick and just slid by.
Not my fault - which basically is what he's saying - isn’t an inspiring answer to me.

Reactions: joybang

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3